Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this Hyderabad History?

+3
confuzzled dude
truthbetold
smArtha
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is this Hyderabad History? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this Hyderabad History?

Post by Idéfix Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:51 pm

And it is not limited to Visakhapatnam and Vijayawada, the two largest cities of Seemandhra:

West Godavari
Ongole
Guntur
Nellore

Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:01 pm

truthbetold wrote:B-a,
Ntr helped but a more significant event was 6 point formula in 1972 by indira  govt. the mulki r
ule was changed to a 4 year residency rule. that allowed large number of andhras  to move to their own state capital.
Yes, the Six-Point Formula is what saved state unity in 1973, after the Supreme Court upheld the Mulki Rules. The Jai Andhra movement then sought to split the state, rather than continue united under the Mulki Rules that had just been declared legal by the highest court in the land. At that point, Telangana could easily have gone its own way, as it had agitated for bifurcation in 1969, but its leaders compromised (and/or were bought over) and agreed to the Six-Point Formula.

The formula was ignored in practice to the detriment of Telangana -- in 1985, the NTR government acknowledged that in the intervening twelve years, over 50,000 government jobs in Telangana were given to SA people in violation of the law! They issued a Government Order to transfer those employees to S/A regions as appropriate, and fill the vacancies with T people within a year. That order, supposed to have been implemented by 1986, has still not been implemented. T NGOs now estimate that over 200,000 government jobs in T region were given illegally to SA people in the last forty years. This is the root of the dispute between the NGO associations of T and SA.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:15 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Ntr helped but a more significant event was 6 point formula in 1972 by indira  govt. the mulki r
ule was changed to a 4 year residency rule. that allowed large number of andhras  to move to their own state capital.
Yes, the Six-Point Formula is what saved state unity in 1973, after the Supreme Court upheld the Mulki Rules. The Jai Andhra movement then sought to split the state, rather than continue united under the Mulki Rules that had just been declared legal by the highest court in the land. At that point, Telangana could easily have gone its own way, as it had agitated for bifurcation in 1969, but its leaders compromised (and/or were bought over) and agreed to the Six-Point Formula.

The formula was ignored in practice to the detriment of Telangana -- in 1985, the NTR government acknowledged that in the intervening twelve years, over 50,000 government jobs in Telangana were given to SA people in violation of the law! They issued a Government Order to transfer those employees to S/A regions as appropriate, and fill the vacancies with T people within a year. That order, supposed to have been implemented by 1986, has still not been implemented. T NGOs now estimate that over 200,000 government jobs in T region were given illegally to SA people in the last forty years. This is the root of the dispute between the NGO associations of T and SA.
This all may very well be true (though I have my doubts) but how relevant to this day and age. I mean there are what, about 6 lakhs govt. jobs in entire A.P and how many are actually looking for govt. jobs these days. If this is the thinking of future generation of our telugus then I'm afraid we're more backward than anybody else in the country.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:16 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:in rest of districts in telangana due to the agency act issues.
I had missed this gem earlier. Agency Act applies to tribal homelands on both sides. It applies to forested areas from Srikakulam all the way down to West Godavari district in coastal Andhra.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:24 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

This all may very well be true (though I have my doubts) but how relevant to this day and age. I mean there are what, about 6 lakhs govt. jobs in entire A.P and how many are actually looking for govt. jobs these days. If this is the thinking of future generation of our telugus then I'm afraid we're more backward than anybody else in the country.
It is relevant as political fodder used by TRS. When clear violations of the law are not corrected in a timely manner, it is easy for politicians to use it in their campaigns. When TRS politicians tell young, unemployed Telangana men, "you might have a well-paying government job where you don't have to do much work, if only those two lakh jobs didn't go to SA people," it brings them support. The T issue has been simmering for twelve years now. Any government that wanted to defuse the tensions and take away a part of KCR's ammunition could have corrected this violation, but they didn't because they did not want to incur the wrath of SA NGOs.

As for the truth of the matter, here is the Government Order in question: http://www.etelangana.org/Articles/Go%20M.S%20no%20610.pdf
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:41 pm

Idéfix wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

It is relevant as political fodder used by TRS. When clear violations of the law are not corrected in a timely manner, it is easy for politicians to use it in their campaigns. When TRS politicians tell young, unemployed Telangana men, "you might have a well-paying government job where you don't have to do much work, if only those two lakh jobs didn't go to SA people," it brings them support. The T issue has been simmering for twelve years now. Any government that wanted to defuse the tensions and take away a part of KCR's ammunition could have corrected this violation, but they didn't because they did not want to incur the wrath of SA NGOs.

As for the truth of the matter, here is the Government Order in question: http://www.etelangana.org/Articles/Go%20M.S%20no%20610.pdf
Are we saying no violations were made in other zones!

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:46 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

Are we saying no violations were made in other zones!
I haven't heard of large numbers of T people were appointed in S and A regions against the rules. I don't know of large numbers of T people moving to SA regions on government jobs.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:50 pm

Idéfix wrote:I haven't heard of large numbers of T people were appointed in S and A regions against the rules. I don't know of large numbers of T people moving to SA regions on government jobs.
A zonal violation is a zonal violation no strings should be attached. Kosta region itself has 3 zones I believe.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2