Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I wont be PM...article

+3
Seva Lamberdar
Merlot Daruwala
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
7 posters

Go down

Why I wont be PM...article Empty Why I wont be PM...article

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:28 am

...Amazingly these 10 reasons are exactly what I have been recommending as well.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Why I wont be PM...article Empty Re: Why I wont be PM...article

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:56 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
...Amazingly these 10 reasons are exactly what I have been recommending  as well.
Yeah. You and every semi-literate middle-class unkil. Can't help laughing at the priorities though. Not one word on the economy.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:15 am

...Amazingly these 10 reasons are exactly what I have been recommending  as well.
http://www.sify.com/news/10-reasons-why-i-ll-never-become-pm-news-editors+picks-niuqbFefbgg.html     (the title in the above is not working unless you log in to SUCH)

Anyway, this guy is not for the implementation of UCC (one law for everyone, irrespective of religion, race, caste and gender) in the place of current multiple religious/communal/sexist laws for different communities and that is a big no-no to his candidacy as the P.M.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:46 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
http://www.sify.com/news/10-reasons-why-i-ll-never-become-pm-news-editors+picks-niuqbFefbgg.html     (the title in the above is not working unless you log in to SUCH)
If only these aerospace engineers turned site admins paid a bit of attention to critical issues as this one than going on and on with circular arguments on trivial stuff SuCh would have been a wonderful and customer friendly place.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:58 am

#10 takes the cake. NRI patriots would love that suggestion, as they get to emulate their beloved brethren they are so obsessed with; will provide them with a good opportunity to use chemical weapons, and they will make sure that India will turn into Pakistan in 50 years.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:05 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Yeah. You and every semi-literate middle-class unkil. Can't help laughing at the priorities though. Not one word on the economy.
Dude...people and politicians have been talking about the Economy since the days of Adam... That is a given and obviously it is a given and a permanent issue in all countries forever....

The only peolpe who talk about economy is people who know didly about economy and those who dont know anything else.

Grow up....and graduate from your KG class.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:23 am

I like # 3.

Three: Retire politicians at 60

Perhaps 65, but no more. Why should a nation of youngsters be run by a bunch of old fogies? How can we expect these ancient 'leaders' to even understand, leave alone address, the aspirations of young India?

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:28 am

indophile wrote:I like # 3.

Perhaps 65, but no more. Why should a nation of youngsters be run by a bunch of old fogies? How can we expect these ancient 'leaders' to even understand, leave alone address, the aspirations of young India?
But this will never happen...Nana Deshmukh was the only guy I can remember of suddenly retiring/quitting his IB ministerial post in 1979/1980 saying politicians should retire at 60 as in all other. Of course, he was single and if anything he should have been the one who should have stayed in politics until his death 5 years ago.

Politics has become a profession like anything and mega families build political influence/empire to last generations.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:46 pm

indophile wrote:I like # 3.

But this will never happen...Nana Deshmukh was the only guy I can remember of suddenly retiring/quitting his IB ministerial post in 1979/1980 saying politicians should retire at 60 as in all other. Of course, he was single and if anything he should have been the one who should have stayed in politics until his death 5 years ago.

Politics has become a profession like anything and mega families build political influence/empire to last generations.
YSR used to say the same not that he followed it; he died a few months after celebrating his 60th birthday.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Ysr was talking about retirement at 60 because his son is ready to take over. And he can go to central cabinet.
in any case, political age limit is meaningless. A leader should retire when he cannot represent his people. You cannot substitute meaningless rules for people's inability to choose good leaders.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:13 am

I like the comments from the community board members better, check these suggestions by NoorJahan (my favorites in blue):

• +

My top (frustrations ) priorities .
1 )Fasten tape across the Diggy Dada mouth .
2 ) Stop any procession , Marriage , funeral , protest or religious that affect Traffic .
3 ) Seize the Vehicle of Traffic offenders .
4)Remove No parking signs put by authorities in connivance with shop owners on busy streets .
5)Prevent Loud speaker menace in residential areas allow only in Grounds .
6) Ban or Fine Radio Mirchi - Jockeys ( un bearable pain under )
7 ) Suitably Ensure That Arnab Goswami does not interrupt others from talking .
Cool Introduce IPL fame " Cheers girls "" in Parliament and make them perform for every bill successfully passed .There won't be any disruptions .
9 ) Put a ceiling on no of episodes of TV serials .
10 ) Punish the station master , whose station , Stinks like hell

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down