Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peter Pollock on his cricket memories - great piece

2 posters

Go down

Peter Pollock on his cricket memories - great piece Empty Peter Pollock on his cricket memories - great piece

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:52 pm

Graeme was three years younger than me. To get him to play, I used to have to let him bat first. Then he used to get in, I would get him out, and he would say it wasn't out, and I would say it was out. Then we would get my mother to come in. "Oh shame, he is small, give him another chance." That would happen a few more times. The next time I got him out and he wouldn't go, I would give him a club or something. So that also finished the game. I often joke about that, saying that's how I became the bowler and he the batsman.

lol!  Such innocence...not sure if such things still exists, as cricket has become all too serious even for 5 and 10 year olds.

On T20:.... If they were honest, at least someone would say that T20 is becoming boring, but they can't do that. There is too much money involved. But it is getting boring. I am sick of the ball going out of the ground.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Peter Pollock on his cricket memories - great piece Empty Re: Peter Pollock on his cricket memories - great piece

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:15 pm

the chappell bros have stories like this too. yeah these stories are very cute.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down