Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hindi bashers to buffs

4 posters

Go down

hindi bashers to buffs Empty hindi bashers to buffs

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:15 am

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1110628/jsp/frontpage/story_14169671.jsp

*laughing like a hyena*

Back to top Go down

hindi bashers to buffs Empty Re: hindi bashers to buffs

Post by sambarvada Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:26 pm

Yet the Karunanidhi government’s stand had a historical basis. In 1965, the DMK had led a fiery students’ agitation against the “imposition” of Hindi as a compulsory school subject.

The students feared that from January 26, 1965 — that is, 15 years after the birth of the republic — Hindi would become the lone official language of India under the Constitution, with English losing its status as the associate official language.

===> Before 1967, if anyone flunked Hindi in high school his future was ruined. He could not get his high school completion certificate. Could not go to college.

The imposition of the language was the problem.

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Post by Silhouette Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:15 pm

this is where one misses FF. few weeks back i read a decision from the supreme court of india which related to TN and the judge began his opinion by reciting some saying in hindi. ironical indeed. the content was ever worse, it related to caste based discrimination in TN on par with issues in UP and Bihar. wish i could share it with FF.

Silhouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:26 pm

Silhouette wrote:this is where one misses FF. few weeks back i read a decision from the supreme court of india which related to TN and the judge began his opinion by reciting some saying in hindi. ironical indeed. the content was ever worse, it related to caste based discrimination in TN on par with issues in UP and Bihar. wish i could share it with FF.
What makes you think the Eye of Sauron ever sleeps?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Hellsangel wrote:What makes you think the Eye of Sauron ever sleeps?
It feels like we are living through The Hobbit right now. Last night the forum was very slow for about 10 minutes, and I was wondering whether we were beginning the first chapter of The Fellowship of the Ring.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:12 pm

long ago, rubbish sher gill shot to prominence with his punjabi song, bulla ki jana. he had then given an interview in which he had declared that he'd sing only in punjabi. i had then thought that he would have made an even more powerful statement had he declared that he'd sing exclusively in japanese.

meanwhile time passed. today, over fm, i heard him sing in hindi. these sardars are crajee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:49 pm

rabbi shergill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down