Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breakthrough development - medicine

2 posters

Go down

Breakthrough development - medicine Empty Breakthrough development - medicine

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:29 pm

....A new blood test (NGAL) to recognize acute kidney injuries.

Why this is important? Everyone's kidneys start deteriorating from mid 20s. Smoking, diabetes, and blood pressure accelerates this and the slope of deterioration is steep causing kidney issues by mid 40s (instead of mid 70s.).

again why it is important? Desis smoke like Chimneys and Diabetes is skyrocketing and 1/3rd (or more) of the urban population has Hypertension. They dont realize the level of kidney damage until it is too late.

Hopefully Desis will do this test in their 30s and quit/takke care of all that crappy habits early enough.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Breakthrough development - medicine Empty Re: Breakthrough development - medicine

Post by rawemotions Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:34 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Why this is important?  Everyone's kidneys start deteriorating from mid 20s. Smoking, diabetes, and blood pressure accelerates this and the slope of deterioration is steep causing kidney issues by mid 40s (instead of mid 70s.).

again why it is important? Desis smoke like Chimneys and Diabetes is skyrocketing and 1/3rd (or more) of the urban population has Hypertension. They dont realize the level of kidney damage until it is too late.

Hopefully Desis will do this test in their 30s and quit/takke care of all that crappy habits early enough.  
Drinking lot of water and the food made out of the Trunk of a Banyan Tree is supposed to very good for the Kidneys. It is a pity, that it is not easily available in the US.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Breakthrough development - medicine Empty Re: Breakthrough development - medicine

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:45 pm

rawemotions wrote:

Why this is important?  Everyone's kidneys start deteriorating from mid 20s. Smoking, diabetes, and blood pressure accelerates this and the slope of deterioration is steep causing kidney issues by mid 40s (instead of mid 70s.).

Drinking lot of water and the food made out of the Trunk of a Banyan Tree is supposed to very good for the Kidneys. It is a pity, that it is not easily available in the US.
Hahaha...Banyan Tree...How many are left in India still ? There is a Neem tree in front our house in India. 2 or 3 yrs ago the leaves had become brown and appeared dead. It was quite a big tree and many used to take shelter under it on a hot day. "experts" were telling me to cut the tree down. I recall my grandparents saying the neem tree, Thulasi, Banyan Tree, etc...last for several generations. I put my foot down and told the experts not to mess with even a single branch.

The tree blossomed the next season...all over... one excuse people would not hesitate to cut a tree in India.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Sorry it was a typo! I meant the trunk of a Banana Tree.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:53 pm

rawemotions wrote:

Hahaha...Banyan Tree...How many are left in India still ? There is a Neem tree in front our house in India. 2 or 3 yrs ago the leaves had become brown and appeared dead. It was quite a big tree and many used to take shelter under it on a hot day.  "experts" were telling me to cut the tree down.  I recall my grandparents saying the neem tree, Thulasi, Banyan Tree, etc...last for several generations. I put my foot down and told the experts not to mess with even a single branch.

The tree blossomed the next season...all over... one excuse people would not hesitate to cut a tree in India.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:08 pm

rawemotions wrote:
Oh that is a very common "vegetable" available all year round in markets in the South - that too in TN. It is also a poor man's veggie...You can get it for Rs 2 or max 5 for a foot long "Vaazhai Thandu" It is just time consuming to cut it to pieces and with a little Jaggery and a sprinkle of coconut, it tastes just fantastic. I used to finish off the whole thing without leaving much for anyone else.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down