Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is what Obamacare will be paying for...

5 posters

Go down

This is what Obamacare will be paying for... Empty This is what Obamacare will be paying for...

Post by gone Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:46 pm

Total deadbeats.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=35sxRPsdc5Q&feature=relmfu

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f5WXGNlXsQw&feature=related

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vFl_1P6CmYg&feature=relmfu

Who sues their doctor for this?

gone

Back to top Go down

This is what Obamacare will be paying for... Empty Re: This is what Obamacare will be paying for...

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:28 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/02/12/us/entitlement-map.html?_r=0

much of the republican base comes from people who use social programs the most.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

This is what Obamacare will be paying for... Empty Re: This is what Obamacare will be paying for...

Post by truthbetold Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:50 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/02/12/us/entitlement-map.html?_r=0

much of the republican base comes from people who use social programs the most.
what is your source for such inference?
the map you posted shows southern states have higher govt dependant population. however that group that get govt money is only a sub group of total population.
is it possible that this sub group votes in large percentage for dems but dems loose state wide because of negative reaction of the rest of the population?
this could be like bjp situation. bjp is strong where there are religious tensions and those tensions are higher where Muslim population is not insignificant. You would be wrong to conclude that Muslims support bjp by looking at a map that shows bjp strongholds and significant Muslim population.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:51 pm

Not from people who use social programs the most. From people who live in the same states where people use social programs the most. They know exactly what the deadbeat residents in their town/city/state are doing to get free handouts (making dozens of babies, faking disability, deliberately not working to collect unemployment/Medicaid benefits, not getting married to qualify for free housing and food stamps, having babies at the same time as their children, and so on)

Do better research!

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:52 pm

Again, your research is so bad!

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:03 pm

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/13/who-benefits-from-the-safety-net/

fyi.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:23 pm

i had meant to post this after posting the map and never got around to it. petrichor's post reminded me to post this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/12/us/even-critics-of-safety-net-increasingly-depend-on-it.html?pagewanted=all
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:28 pm

mainstreet wrote:Not from people who use social programs the most.  From people who live in the same states where people use social programs the most.  They know exactly what the deadbeat residents in their town/city/state are doing to get free handouts (making dozens of babies, faking disability, deliberately not working to collect unemployment/Medicaid benefits, not getting married to qualify for free housing and food stamps,  having babies at the same time as their children, and so on)

Do better research!
Perhaps you can come up with new math to reconcile these numbers:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-14/food-stamp-cut-backed-by-republicans-with-voters-on-rolls.html

Kentucky's Owsley County, which backed Romney with 81 percent of its vote, has the largest proportion of food stamp recipients among those that he carried.

More than half of the Owsley County’s population -- 52 percent -- received food stamps in 2011, the most recent yearly number available.

So if your story is true and the 52% of the population that receives food stamps did not vote for Romney, how did Romney end up carrying the county with 81% of the vote?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:33 pm

republican welfare queens:

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/gop-hypocrisy-farm-bill
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:56 pm

Idefix,
I donot know what you are trying to prove with the information on Kentucky county owsley election information.
1. That is the poorest county in America.
2. Population is 4700 plus.
3. Your stats 52% got food stamps.
4. Romney got 80% vote. That is a grand total of 1270 plus votes. Obama got 283 votes.
5. Event though it is not probable, I could still make an argument that Romney's voters did not get any govt dole.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:10 pm

Speaking of subsidies - one of largest subsidy goes to home owners for mortgage interest deduction. Cost to govt is 70 to 100b.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:17 pm

truthbetold wrote:Idefix,
I donot know what you are trying to prove with the information on Kentucky county owsley election information.
1. That is the poorest county in America.
2. Population is 4700 plus.
3. Your stats 52% got food stamps.
4. Romney got 80% vote. That is a grand total of 1270 plus votes. Obama got 283 votes.
5. Event though it is not probable,  I could still make an argument that Romney's voters did not get any govt dole.
is this some george bush style fuzzy math?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:35 pm

Max,
As usual your lazy ass research cannot find simple answers.
Tot pop 4722
Voting age pop at 75% 3550 approx
52% received govt dole - 1750 approx. Not received dole.
1750 >> 1273 .
so Romney has to get approx 75% of those that did not get dole.
It is entirely possible that for Romney to get 100% non govt dole votes. In reality he may have gotten few dole votes but very very large % of his votes are probably non dole.
Hope you can appreciate simple arithmetic.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:52 pm

You can post all the links you want to left-wing publication blogs and opinions by bleeding heart liberals. It's only going to convince me that you're dumb as a post.

If someone asked me or DH for a loan to further their education and better themselves, we would gladly pay for their college tuition and books if they promised to pay it back later.

If someone told me they were having baby after baby after baby, I would expect them to be able to pay for their own housing, utilities, food, car, gas, healthcare, and so on before getting pregnant over and over again. You have to be a fool to get suckered into supporting this. Middle class or not, it's your job to pay to raise your own kids. Can't afford them? Don't have them, then.

Finally, Medicare and Social Security are not entitlements. Everyone had to work and pay into the system to reap the benefits at 65 and older.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Was it Winston Churchill who said if you're a conservative at 20, you have no heart but if you're a liberal at 40, you have no head? So, so true!

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:18 pm

In this county, none of the liberals a.k.a the deadbeats show up to vote. They are too busy watching TV, making babies, or sitting on their porch. The demographic of the vast majority of voter turnout in small towns is 40 and older, Republican, and evangelical.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:19 pm

I want to add that 99% of the voters who show up religiously to do their civic duty (vote) are not on the dole.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:21 pm

the population of owsley county is 4775

according to county registration records there are,

928 are registered democrats
2501 are registered republicans

there are a small number registered as other (independents).

there were 1075 individuals under eighteen who accounted for nearly all the unregistered people. basically, people who can register to vote are registered. also AFAIK people under eighteen cannot on their own apply for welfare and have to apply through the head of their household. if 52% of the population is on food stamps, that is 2483 individuals. let's assume that all the registered democrats are on food stamps. that leaves 1555 unaccounted food stamp recipients. if you further assume that all the under eighteen children were on food stamps and that only democrats have children in owsley county, that leaves you 480 unaccounted for individuals who are registered as other or republican.  i leave it up to you to judge the likelihood of my assumptions.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:20 pm

You are going to use Appalachia to prove that most Republicans are deadbeats? Seriously? The vast majority of them hillbillies don't even bother getting a social security number. Why would they even need a social security number?

They hunt, fish, do odd jobs for cash, make moonshine and meth, never file taxes, never register to vote, never visit a doctor or a dentist, and many of them drop out in middle school. They go to family reunions to hit on their cousins, incest and inbreeding is rampant, and you can recognize the inbreeding by the protruding teeth and weak chin. There are so many genetic mental and physical health issues and male physicians are not allowed to see any of their women (a male doctor will be shot and killed if he even examines a woman's pulse and her father/brother/husband finds out.

This is a culture that is too proud to accept any aid or help from any government. It's a matter of pride for them. Please don't assume that the people who do accept food stamps are anything like the majority of the residents in this town.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:51 pm

it is not my intention to imply that most republicans are users of welfare programs but that there are many republicans amongst the roll of welfare users. the sort of demonization that mainstreet does, as do many republican politicians is poisonous. there is also an inherent racism in all of this. witness the three videos that she posted. the purported title of this thread was obamacare and at least one of her videos (maybe two) had nothing to do obamacare but abuse of food stamps by african americans, the clear implication being that most of the people who abuse welfare are african american women.

it is also mainstreet's wont to make statements out of thin air without a shred of evidence, but the minute someone starts presenting numbers she is happy to tear into them and try to discredit them if they don't support her pet prejudices. in other words theorizing out of vacuum is ok for her, but not for her critics.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:49 pm

Now if you go around constantly pointing fingers at others and screaming "racist," then maybe you have a major inferiority complex. Either that, or your conclusions are "rational" like your research is.

Haven't I said more than once that there are plenty of white scamsters among these welfare queens. Who do you think Honey Boo Boo's mom is? White welfare queen who sends her obese daughter to beauty pageants. Do you think she has a job?

The point I'm trying to make about Appalachia is that the ones who are too proud won't accept the aid if you double it or triple it. The ones who accept it are scamsters who will sell those food stamps to support their drug habit or whatever.

Finally, there is no way even some if these scamsters will vote Democrat in socially conservative Appalachia.

Appalachia doesn't want your bleeding heart. They are very isolated from the world. If you really bleed so much for the world, go to inner city Boston or Oakland. You can always become a foster parent to one of those inner-city welfare queens. Help them get out of that vicious circle. It's better use of your time than discussing Appalachia on this forum.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:52 pm

Sorry, foster parent to one of the dozens of children of those inner city welfare queens. No point throwing money at these women. They won't be bettering their kids with it. Adopt one of their kids instead.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:59 pm

mainstreet wrote:Now if you go around constantly pointing fingers at others and screaming "racist," then maybe you have a major inferiority complex.  Either that, or your conclusions are "rational" like your research is.

Haven't I said more than once that there are plenty of white scamsters among these welfare queens.  Who do you think Honey Boo Boo's mom is?  White welfare queen who sends her obese daughter to beauty pageants.  Do you think she has a job?

The point I'm trying to make about Appalachia is that the ones who are too proud won't accept the aid if you double it or triple it.  The ones who accept it are scamsters who will sell those food stamps to support their drug habit or whatever.

Finally, there is no way even some if these scamsters will vote Democrat in socially conservative Appalachia.

Appalachia doesn't want your bleeding heart.  They are very isolated from the world.  If you really bleed so much for the world, go to inner city Boston or Oakland.  You can always become a foster parent to one of those inner-city welfare queens.  Help them get out of that vicious circle.  It's better use of your time than discussing Appalachia on this forum.
republicans receive plenty of votes from appalachia. amongst them are many welfare recipients. there is a word for this. it's hypocrisy.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:13 pm

Not at all. They would be called hypocrites by fellow Christian pro-life, anti-gay marriage members of their community if they were to vote Democrat.

I am pro-choice and pro-gay marriage, and I have voted Republican most of the time. I don't think that makes me a hypocrite. I have some concerns that are a priority over other concerns that take a back seat in my decision-making process.

Seriously, get some perspective and get a life. You live next to so many charitable organizations and non-profits in Boston and you spend all your time here stewing in your bleeding heart vitriolic self-righteousness.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:19 pm

mainstreet wrote:Not at all.  They would be called hypocrites by fellow Christian pro-life, anti-gay marriage members of their community if they were to vote Democrat.

I am pro-choice and pro-gay marriage, and I have voted Republican most of the time.  I don't think that makes me a hypocrite.  I have some concerns that are a priority over other concerns that take a back seat in my decision-making process.

Seriously, get some perspective and get a life.  You live next to so many charitable organizations and non-profits in Boston and you spend all your time here stewing in your bleeding heart vitriolic self-righteousness.
i don't think you understood me. what i called hypocritical is this (i didn't mean you personally) -- the person who consistently votes republican, rails against welfare programs and users of welfare programs, and who is himself a beneficiary of welfare programs. i have a perspective on life that i am more or less happy with. it has gotten me this far and i am sure it will take me further. what i volunteer for and the charities i contribute to is none of your business. stick to the topic woman.

i neither have a bleeding heart, nor am i self righteous. i am a registered independent who supported scott brown. i just think there are more hypocrites on the right than there are on the left.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:31 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i neither have a bleeding heart, nor am i self righteous. i am a registered independent who supported scott brown. i just think there are more hypocrites on the right than there are on the left.
i meant the first time around.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:33 pm

Okay, woman, I know plenty of liberals in Boston or the Marina district of San Francisco who wouldn't want a black person living nearby. New York is different though...they hate everyone equally, and are rude to all races.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:39 pm

I also know lots of evangelical Christian conservatives in this town as well as in major cities in Texas who go off on missions for two or more years in places like Latin America and Kenya. They build houses, wells, churches, distribute Bibles (they also preach homophobia which I don't agree with), and come back to America with a handsome black Kenyan husband (and these are white girls in their twenties and many if them are drop dead gorgeous) or a beautiful Hispanic wife. So, can't generalize.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:54 pm

Hope this shatters some of your ivory tower misconceptions. You keep confirming my suspicions that those who work in academia are just plain clueless and total ideologues. You are hardly an independent. Admit it, you're a Dem and you think you know-it-all because you looked at a whole bunch of data from your ivory tower.

http://listverse.com/2009/05/02/10-cases-of-liberal-hypocrisy/

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down