Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wardrobe

5 posters

Go down

Wardrobe Empty Wardrobe

Post by Petrichor Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:52 pm

When is it okay to wear button-down shirt and jeans to an interview?

a. when you don't want the job
b. when the interviewer wears surfer t shirt and shorts
c. when your suits are out for drycleaning
d. when you want to beat the three guys in Chennai that got offers for 92L rupees

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Wardrobe Empty Re: Wardrobe

Post by Bittu Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:00 pm

e. when you interview for a tech company in the bay area.

close to your b. option.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:07 pm

I lost a job bcz I went in jeans/casual wear when I went to collect my appointment order:) Years back in Chennai, I was offered a job for an  IT subsidiary of major MNC in Mumbai. Since it was a saturday, I thought It was okay to go in casual to collect the letter and I had finished the interviews on the other week days and got selected. The final letter was to given by the GM (a Tambram Iyenger from Trichy), didnot like my attire and told me he would not give me the job and the HR/IT managers were shocked/surprised but couldnot say a word against GM.

After 6-9 months or so, I applied again  and got the offer in the same company and joined their office in Mumbai. I left the company in 1 month as they went  back on their promises on my assignments. But I should thank him for bringing me to Bombay:)

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:49 am

Prescient - to figure out it wouldn't work.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:01 am

Petrichor wrote:When is it okay to wear button-down shirt and jeans to an interview?

a. when you don't want the job
b. when the interviewer wears surfer t shirt and shorts
c. when your suits are out for drycleaning
d. when you want to beat the three guys in Chennai that got offers for 92L rupees
>>>Depends on the industry. If it is tech and you are sought after, you could probably get away with it.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:33 am

FluteHolder wrote:I lost a job bcz I went in jeans/casual wear when I went to collect my appointment order:) Years back in Chennai, I was offered a job for an  IT subsidiary of major MNC in Mumbai. Since it was a saturday, I thought It was okay to go in casual to collect the letter and I had finished the interviews on the other week days and got selected. The final letter was to given by the GM (a Tambram Iyenger from Trichy), didnot like my attire and told me he would not give me the job and the HR/IT managers were shocked/surprised but couldnot say a word against GM.

After 6-9 months or so, I applied again  and got the offer in the same company and joined their office in Mumbai. I left the company in 1 month as they went  back on their promises on my assignments. But I should thank him for bringing me to Bombay:)
You lost the job bcz you called a Srirangam Pure, thoroughbred, Original Iyengar a Tambrahmi "Iyengar", which only exists on SuCH. Repeat after me...100 times

Srirangam Iyengar and Tambrahmi Iyer

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down