Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telangana is hot again

+4
Merlot Daruwala
Another Brick
confuzzled dude
truthbetold
8 posters

Go down

Telangana is hot again Empty Telangana is hot again

Post by truthbetold Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:05 am

As previously announced, several dozens of Cong and TDP MLAs resign their seats. Now center is forced to act. No one even has an idea of a solution acceptable to any one.

A T state will seal Cong fate in Andhra giving Jagan a big chance. Refusal to T state will spell doom for Cong. TDP is going to lose either case as it cannot take a firm stand for T state or against it.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Telangana is hot again Empty Re: Telangana is hot again

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:09 pm

here we go with dramabazi again, these politicians are acting like the boy who cried wolf, janata, eventually will get tired of the same old trick.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:35 pm

"eventually will get tired of the same old trick."

Which janata will get tired? If it is People of Andhra or rest of the nation, it matters not much. But people of T area still seems to respond to this dramabazi. These resignation could cause a legislative crisis.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:54 pm

truthbetold wrote:"eventually will get tired of the same old trick."

Which janata will get tired? If it is People of Andhra or rest of the nation, it matters not much. But people of T area still seems to respond to this dramabazi. These resignation could cause a legislative crisis.

People from certain pockets of Telangana do respond to this empty noise, not sure if that makes them majority. Also, TRS appear to have lost its popularity in the last few years, they just want this issue to simmer so they can extend their political careers. The minute a decision was taken the likes of KCR, KK are dead meat and they very well know that.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:18 am

candle-light vigil is the only solution. people still have half-burnt candles left from the anna hazare drive.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:02 am

Another Brick wrote:candle-light vigil is the only solution. people still have half-burnt candles left from the anna hazare drive.
lol!
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:20 am

Why should everybody be so worked up in AP now - the Telanganites for Telangana, and the Coastalites & Semaans for status quo? States were divided before - the original Bengal, the original Punjab, MP, UP, Bombay, Madras, etc., etc. People continue to live normal lives in those divided states. If it's assets that is the problem, can't they have a non-partisan commission with respected decisionmakers from other states divvy up the assets with the understanding that the regions cannot contest that decision (something like India/Pakistan territory and asset division, except both continue to be parts of India)?

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:00 am

Another Brick wrote:candle-light vigil is the only solution. people still have half-burnt candles left from the anna hazare drive.

where did desis pickup this candlelight vigil bidness? the copycat bollywood hoes picked up from american univ hoes and it eventually spread to rest of agitating hoes in desh? it's very kishtian isnt it?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:42 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:where did desis pickup this candlelight vigil bidness?

Much better than our own, time-honored tradition of torching buses.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:43 am

LOL!

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:45 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:where did desis pickup this candlelight vigil bidness?

Much better than our own, time-honored tradition of torching buses.

hey if you're gonna burn something, make it atleast something worthwhile - like buses, aussie priests...

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:52 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

where did desis pickup this candlelight vigil bidness? the copycat bollywood hoes picked up from american univ hoes and it eventually spread to rest of agitating hoes in desh? it's very kishtian isnt it?

>>>> I am waiting for the day when marriages involve flowing gowns and uniformly dressed bridesmaids at a church-like altar. Bollywood will of course drive the trend. Apparently, western style weddings are in vogue in japan.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:59 am

Kris wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

>>>> I am waiting for the day when marriages involve flowing gowns and uniformly dressed bridesmaids at a church-like altar. Bollywood will of course drive the trend. Apparently, western style weddings are in vogue in japan.

cant be too far. hipster laidies of bollywood/mumbai will lead the way. how far can indian TV copies TLC's wedding shit and desis go ape for church weddings, bridesmaids, exchanging vows etc with all the kishtian regalia? Pretty soon I say.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:06 am

Kris wrote:

This already happens at the Indian weddings here, except the girl wears lehengas or saris and the bridesmaids wear saree with slacks instead of petticoats), at least in most of the ones that I have seen. There are bridesmaids, there are flower girls, and there are ring bearers. The groom enters first, and sits down with the priest. Guess the tradition is to get the ceremonies started with the groom anyway. then the bride joins, i.e. enters the alter with the flower girls etc. except here the groom sits with his rents at the havan (or maybe gets up to meet her *shrug*).

Then in the reception, it's entirely the same as the american weddings. The paraphernalia enters first, and then the mr and mrs are announced. there are speeches, toasts, and performances on b'wood songs (I guess replacing their saying/singing phrases from what-nots during the vows).

It all ends with the 3-layered cakes, dance, etc..... soon, maybe very soon. This is how it'll be in Desh as well. Or maybe it already is.

Last edited by Tracy Whitney on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:07 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:
at least in most of the ones that I have seen.
How many is that?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:14 am

Hellsangel wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
at least in most of the ones that I have seen.
How many is that?

K, lets see. 2 weddings in the family. 3 of close family friends, and a couple others for just the reception. From the talks with the other guests there, this is exactly how it all happens. Some of them skip individual dance performances, some of them do group only performances.

And one actual church wedding of my cousin (she hates to call it a church wedding just coz it was not a church but it was officiated by the priest). There wasn't much difference in the overall format.

In fact I have been in two Korean weddings too, and except the priest officiating part the rest of the format is EXACTLY the same in them too.

The only exception is a couple of weddings that I attended in a temple. These were SI's and were desi from des. Not american borns.

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:26 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Kris wrote:

This already happens at the Indian weddings here,

Our priests at the local temple now say, "you may kiss the bride" in English, or if you prefer, in the Indian language of your choice, after the wedding is over:- Smile

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:31 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

perhaps on CNN. or maybe some "foreign return" folks repeated what they saw in london, boston and new york. i would have put all my money into the stock of candle makers if they were listed on BSE.

i returned to india right after 26/11 and i read about hundreds of candle-light vigils, marathons, silent marches etc for months after the incident. people went crazy. a 8-year-old kid cycled from mumbai to pune just to pay homage to those who were dead. some kids who can't even wipe their noses clean formed a human tri-color on some hillock. crazy things happened for about a year after the incident.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:00 pm

Another Brick wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

perhaps on CNN. or maybe some "foreign return" folks repeated what they saw in london, boston and new york. i would have put all my money into the stock of candle makers if they were listed on BSE.

i returned to india right after 26/11 and i read about hundreds of candle-light vigils, marathons, silent marches etc for months after the incident. people went crazy. a 8-year-old kid cycled from mumbai to pune just to pay homage to those who were dead. some kids who can't even wipe their noses clean formed a human tri-color on some hillock. crazy things happened for about a year after the incident.

I am thinking that recycled and some other bollywood contingent hangers on probably introduced bollyhoes to the practise and it spread like wild fire.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:33 pm

It all started with the movie Rang De basanti guys.. Blame Aamir Khan.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:27 pm

indophile wrote:Why should everybody be so worked up in AP now - the Telanganites for Telangana, and the Coastalites & Semaans for status quo? States were divided before - the original Bengal, the original Punjab, MP, UP, Bombay, Madras, etc., etc. People continue to live normal lives in those divided states.

For some reason, Telugus are trying hard to evade their bread and butter trait "ingratiating themselves to NIs", on this particular issue. They should follow what their masters did when UP, Bihar and MP were bifurcated.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:21 pm

Indo,

One big difference between AP bifurcation and any other state bifurcation before it is the problem of Hyderabad. In all previous cases the bifurcation was demanded by a region (usually backward area) not including the states most developed city. It is not like Bihar and Jharkand or MP and Chattis garh situation. Hyderabad provides most of the states revenues, retains most of the states industrial and service sector base and individual people's money. That is not a common feature with previous state bifurcations.

T state is politically difficult issue for congress and highly emotional issue for telangana and Andhra people. I have not heard of any solutions that make sense. Any result is a bad result for some one.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri May 23, 2014 9:08 am

blast from the past with predictions that didnt come true

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri May 23, 2014 7:09 pm

Prop
Which predictions did not come true?

truthbetold