Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what did you guys buy this weekend?

+8
Mosquito
Hellsangel
Kris
Another Brick
truthbetold
Impedimenta
Propagandhi711
pravalika
12 posters

Go down

what did you guys buy this weekend? Empty what did you guys buy this weekend?

Post by pravalika Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:55 am

so i got five dresses from nordstrom's, two from talbot's, four pairs of shoes from lord and taylor, basic tees and stuff from jcrew and pants from the limited, and fashion jewelry from macys. i would do some more shopping except i have no money left. i can't even eat out for the remainder of the month.

pravalika

Back to top Go down

what did you guys buy this weekend? Empty Re: what did you guys buy this weekend?

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:56 am

ok

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

what did you guys buy this weekend? Empty Re: what did you guys buy this weekend?

Post by Impedimenta Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:10 pm

aiyaiyo nanda,
you forgot forever 21. can you please go now? i just cannot sleep until then.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:11 pm

here's mine... NOT too thrilled with the $$$ though

- 1 fridge... would be delivered in TWO weeks! Yep, I love to torture myself, hence picked that kinda model. Husband doesn't know this yet, is so gonna freak out. We already been managing with a small fridge in the basement and a small freezer in the garage for almost two weeks now.

- bedding set - quilt, sheets, pillow, for daughter, yet to be delivered... am to buy matching curtains/blinds for it. She's going to redo her room totally... so this is an ongoing money drain. She won't rest till she's coordinated the last wall hanging that also matches her yet to be bought side table lamp. And by that time, she'd wanna redo it all over again. Sigh at teenagers.

- quilt set for sonny - the all-sports one, and one buzz light year decorative pillow and trash can. This we got from target, and put it up right away... sonny was maha excited. Yet to buy a matching bed-skirt. Don't think he cares for anything more. Will reuse existing sheets. Boys, at this age. So low maintenance. He does makes his dad buy all sorts of legos and puzzles. So, dunno how low maintenance he really is. Point is, he is HAPPY with all that he gets.

- some funky looking tableware for the kids. They are bored of eating from the standard ones.

- gifts gifts gifts for a friend's newborn, online. I must say I am partial to baby girls

- a doorway pull up bar, online. I have zero upper arm strength, but this is for daughter who it seems is developing some back issues.

- some activewear clothes, online...yep, I buy them so that I could postpone my 'new exrcise regimen' for a couple more days.

- decorative wall hanging for the foyer. The existing one used to have red colors on it, that faded to brownish after years of direct sun exposure. This one is a metallic one, with no real background. Just vase and flowers. Looks nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:12 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:ok

i don't get it, it's the 4th of july weekend. everyone shops.

pravalika

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:14 pm

Impedimenta wrote:aiyaiyo nanda,

oh, i've never been there. i think it's for teens and young people. like gap.

pravalika

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:17 pm

get stuff from 2b bebe... I went again after years at the outlet store in FL and bought 2-3 tops instantly, and totally loving them. Two of them are totally designed to hide my newly gained fatness.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:20 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:here's mine... NOT too thrilled with the $$$ though

- 1 fridge... would be delivered in TWO weeks! Yep, I love to torture myself, hence picked that kinda model. Husband doesn't know this yet, is so gonna freak out. We already been managing with a small fridge in the basement and a small freezer in the garage for almost two weeks now.

- bedding set - quilt, sheets, pillow, for daughter, yet to be delivered... am to buy matching curtains/blinds for it. She's going to redo her room totally... so this is an ongoing money drain. She won't rest till she's coordinated the last wall hanging that also matches her yet to be bought side table lamp. And by that time, she'd wanna redo it all over again. Sigh at teenagers.

- quilt set for sonny - the all-sports one, and one buzz light year decorative pillow and trash can. This we got from target, and put it up right away... sonny was maha excited. Yet to buy a matching bed-skirt. Don't think he cares for anything more. Will reuse existing sheets. Boys, at this age. So low maintenance. He does makes his dad buy all sorts of legos and puzzles. So, dunno how low maintenance he really is. Point is, he is HAPPY with all that he gets.

- some funky looking tableware for the kids. They are bored of eating from the standard ones.

- gifts gifts gifts for a friend's newborn, online. I must say I am partial to baby girls

- a doorway pull up bar, online. I have zero upper arm strength, but this is for daughter who it seems is developing some back issues.

- some activewear clothes, online...yep, I buy them so that I could postpone my 'new exrcise regimen' for a couple more days.

- decorative wall hanging for the foyer. The existing one used to have red colors on it, that faded to brownish after years of direct sun exposure. This one is a metallic one, with no real background. Just vase and flowers. Looks nice.

** i'm sorry to hear this, tracy. looks like you didn't get anything nice for yourself...gym clothes don't count. and your kids are taking up too much of your money, no wonder you have only four pants! i hope for your sake you don't have any more kids.

** and if you're feeling fat, you should buy yourself nice shoes now to inspire you to buy a beautiful dress in a few weeks time.

pravalika

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:29 pm

well, typically July 4th is MEANT to buy appliances, house hold stuff, cars, and such. I am yet to buy a dvd player.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:00 pm

so how long do you use this stuff before returns? what is the accepted norm?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:15 pm

langda mango
dashehri mango
totapuri mango

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:18 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:well, typically July 4th is MEANT to buy appliances, house hold stuff, cars, and such. I am yet to buy a dvd player.

>>>> I bought some patio furniture, including a couple of small side tables which required assembly, not a small feat for someone mechanically inept. Also bought some indoor and outdoor plants. No assembly required -- hahaha

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:17 pm

Milk, eggs, cheese, bananas, berries, dried mangoes, and rented 2 movies. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:48 pm

Kris wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:well, typically July 4th is MEANT to buy appliances, house hold stuff, cars, and such. I am yet to buy a dvd player.

>>>> I bought some patio furniture, including a couple of small side tables which required assembly, not a small feat for someone mechanically inept. Also bought some indoor and outdoor plants. No assembly required -- hahaha

damn What a Face i had bought an indoor plant too, to replace a dead one by the staircase. But I kept it in the garage, 2 days ago, and forgot....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:07 pm

pravalika wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:aiyaiyo nanda,

oh, i've never been there. i think it's for teens and young people. like gap.

who told u that? if u've nvr been there then someone told u. find them and sue! did they also tell u bebe is for teen age girls too ? GAP is one of my favs.

btw i got very good deals on coach and aldo. so in love with my new shoes and cant wait to wear them. couple of dresses and skirts tops from bcbg jcrew n others... got so tired by the end of it but very happy with my day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:11 pm

i was so tempted to buy 7 for all mankind jeans u know bcz now its my handle n all but they r wayy too expensive. i cud never spend that kinda money on a jeans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:41 pm

pravalika wrote:so i got five dresses from nordstrom's, two from talbot's, four pairs of shoes from lord and taylor, basic tees and stuff from jcrew and pants from the limited, and fashion jewelry from macys. i would do some more shopping except i have no money left. i can't even eat out for the remainder of the month.
Hello, Janice. How is your boyfriend shopping coming along?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosquito Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:10 am

I bought banginapalli mangoes.
Mosquito
Mosquito

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:40 am

pravalika wrote:i would do some more shopping except i have no money left.

Guess that explains why you were not able to buy yourself some much-needed attention.

pravalika wrote:i can't even eat out for the remainder of the month.

So, what are you going to eat the rest of the month? Will mom pack you a tiffin box daily? Do you live with your parents?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:03 am

Hellsangel wrote:
pravalika wrote:so i got five dresses from nordstrom's, two from talbot's, four pairs of shoes from lord and taylor, basic tees and stuff from jcrew and pants from the limited, and fashion jewelry from macys. i would do some more shopping except i have no money left. i can't even eat out for the remainder of the month.
Hello, Janice. How is your boyfriend shopping coming along?

it appears that the current batch of eligible pygmies are all taken. so mommy/daddy are scouting dugios in desh.

** cashtu/gothram/skincoloring no bar-u

Last edited by Propagandhi711 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : why should I tell you? fuck you)

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:08 am

DUT wrote:Reason for editing : why should I tell you? fuck you

fine. be that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:02 am

i bought a train set for my kid. No dinner for him and the rest of the family for couple of days Twisted Evil
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:25 am

3 one way tkts to east. and then back 3 one way tkts to a distant airport. went to pick the 3 and spent one nite at hotel plus other charges like gas, food etc.

Icing on the cake? Wife decided to drive the relative's car in east coast and while parking, dashed it to garage door. damaged front bumper. Only $2K so far. Good thing to draw from this? She did not dash the car to some1 else's car and killed some1 in accident. Gr8 weekend in terms of spending.

We did buy airline tickets after 3 days of searching on google to "save" money. So now this is what we "got." Money spent is huge but the lesson *I* learned (not sure if the family learned it yet, because from the prilimiary talks it seems they do not care) is priceless.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:50 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:3 one way tkts to east. and then back 3 one way tkts to a distant airport. went to pick the 3 and spent one nite at hotel plus other charges like gas, food etc.

Icing on the cake? Wife decided to drive the relative's car in east coast and while parking, dashed it to garage door. damaged front bumper. Only $2K so far. Good thing to draw from this? She did not dash the car to some1 else's car and killed some1 in accident. Gr8 weekend in terms of spending.

We did buy airline tickets after 3 days of searching on google to "save" money. So now this is what we "got." Money spent is huge but the lesson *I* learned (not sure if the family learned it yet, because from the prilimiary talks it seems they do not care) is priceless.

I suppose you'll want to blame google, internet, airlines, and the transport system for your woes and pine for the days of horse and buggy so you could save a few bucks.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:54 am

Propagandhi711 wrote: I suppose you'll want to blame google, internet, airlines, and the transport system for your woes and pine for the days of horse and buggy so you could save a few bucks.

No, not blaming anybody (for a change) :-) Horse and Buggy stuff? Yes sure. Started it 3 days back already. Now "save few bucks" part has changed to "save all possible bucks." Thank you.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:18 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:3 one way tkts to east. and then back 3 one way tkts to a distant airport. went to pick the 3 and spent one nite at hotel plus other charges like gas, food etc.

I did not fully understand the above part. Let me see if I guessed this right:

* Your wife and two kids had to visit some relatives on the East Coast.
* The round trip ticket from and to your home airport to your relative's East Coast city = X dollars.
* 3 one-way tickets from your home airport to your relative's East Coast city = Y dollars.
* 3 one-way tickets from your relative's East Coast city to your neighboring city's airport = Z dollars.
* (Y + Z) < X. Therefore, you chose Y + Z?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:23 am

SomeProfile wrote:

I did not fully understand the above part. Let me see if I guessed this right:

* Your wife and two kids had to visit some relatives on the East Coast.
* The round trip ticket from and to your home airport to your relative's East Coast city = X dollars.
* 3 one-way tickets from your home airport to your relative's East Coast city = Y dollars.
* 3 one-way tickets from your relative's East Coast city to your neighboring city's airport = Z dollars.
* (Y + Z) < X. Therefore, you chose Y + Z?

they went ahead and purchased Y hoping that when Z was added to Y, it would be much less than X. usually it does not work that way, but TAZ and his folks perhaps know something we don't. however, when they purchased Z they were shocked. TAZ has immediately started cost-cutting measures in his household to maintain the bottomline at the end of the year.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:40 am

SomeProfile wrote:* (Y + Z) < X. Therefore, you chose Y + Z?

This is correct. But that was not the cost problem. Airline tickets worked out wonderful.

The problem was the car accident that cost me $2K so far.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:05 am

Waise taz. After a point convenience trumps savings. And maybe only in this country, time > money. Just saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:18 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:Waise taz. After a point convenience trumps savings. And maybe only in this country, time > money. Just saying.

The accident did not happen in travel Tracy. It happened because of recklessness and careless driving without carrying insurance and driving a relative's car. My question of "why on earth did you first think of driving another person's car without even carrying insurance card" (though insurance does not cover a cent if there were an accident) still remain unanswered.

What could have happened if she dashed the car (whose fault, is irrelavant) and injured another person on the road on busy east coast roads? What if the other driver was killed? You spend your life behind bars for homicide while they wipe my 401K, savings, house and all?

I am speechless because she kept driving even after accident despite my warnings. I am stunned and not able to still recover whereas the relative and better half have not a worry in the world!

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:47 am

taz, I wasn't talking about the accident, but about you buying one way tickets to a comparatively farther airport. But ya, if it's a small difference like newark/LGA, or MID/O'hare, than ignore my comments.

Ya well, accidents are such, and this was a freak one. Happens to the best of us. Let it go.

Talking about accidents, the other day, a girl rearended my friend and actually drove away before friend could even realize what happened. Then she pulled over at a gas station and recognized this girls car also standing there, with a BABY in the back seat. When friend said, 'u hit my car and ran away', She goes, 'so what, my car is damaged too'.

Heights. So anyway, cops came, filed reports, exchanged insurance info and set the court date for the friend to report this. But guess was, the friend is too busy to go to the court, so she let it go.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:15 am

Tracy Whitney wrote: taz, I wasn't talking about the accident, but about you buying one way tickets to a comparatively farther airport. But ya, if it's a small difference like newark/LGA, or MID/O'hare, than ignore my comments.

It was not small difference tracy. The diff was more than $600. For me, who lives on bread crumbs on daily basis, $600 is huge. You do not know me. I was born in dirt, fear the dirt and never want the dirt to happen to me again. So I save every single cent. The problem is while I save cents, the people who do this crazy things spend in thousands.

I probably deserve this.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:29 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:It was not small difference tracy. The diff was more than $600. For me, who lives on bread crumbs on daily basis, $600 is huge. You do not know me. I was born in dirt, fear the dirt and never want the dirt to happen to me again. So I save every single cent. The problem is while I save cents, the people who do this crazy things spend in thousands.

I probably deserve this.

Ya 600 is huge. I agree. Happens to me all the time... the more I try to save, the more it goes away from me. Once, I thought I have the car loan paid up, I slogged to do that for 1.5 years actually, and youknowwho went ahead and totalled his car with zero collision coverage (it was old toyota anyway). But that meant another round of loan/lease payments.

The other time when I thought I have it under control, I had a major dental emergency (stupid fault of a stupid doctor), and it was 3000 down in the drain in one year.

I have noticed one thing, the lesser I log into my or husband's bank/credit account, the more it grows, and vice versa. Maybe you have the same luck as mine. So now, I don't log into the bank accounts unless it's to pay the bills.

And ya, I too bought tickets which will save us 800 dollars, but if any lap of the flight goes wrong, we will lose $13K of the cruise money. Having sleepless nights about that. Maybe will change the reservations to a night before and stay in a cheap motel. Let's see. Will sleep on this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silhouette Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:44 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:Waise taz. After a point convenience trumps savings. And maybe only in this country, time > money. Just saying.

Tracy Whitney wrote:But ya, if it's a small difference like newark/LGA, or MID/O'hare, than ignore my comments.

hahaha, clearly that time > money comment was relative. I wouldn't consider LGA vs. Newark a small difference. LGA and JFK yes but definitely not the jumps & hoops of bridges and tunnels in order to get to Newark.

Silhouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:49 am

Silhouette wrote:

Tracy Whitney wrote:But ya, if it's a small difference like newark/LGA, or MID/O'hare, than ignore my comments.

hahaha, clearly that time > money comment was relative. I wouldn't consider LGA vs. Newark a small difference. LGA and JFK yes but definitely not the jumps & hoops of bridges and tunnels in order to get to Newark.

yeah. These days, more coz of daughter's phobia with LGA, we prefer Newark to LGA anyday. Once we got stuck in traffic. Reached late. As luck would have it, her flight was cancelled due to the weather (she was travelling alone). She COULD have caught an alternate last flight out had we reached there earlier. So then we had to stay at a motel overnight and send her out in the first flight next morning.

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:15 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:I probably deserve this.

No, you are wrong. Don't blame it on yourself. You don't deserve it. Kick her out until she begs for forgiveness.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down