Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Self inflicted problems

3 posters

Go down

Self inflicted problems  Empty Self inflicted problems

Post by Rishi Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:13 pm

Q. Embarrassed by Co-workers: Having been single for a few months now, my colleagues have been trying to set me up with various guys. Recently at a company-sponsored dinner they suggested a guy in the office who I don't know, but is not really good looking. I assumed they were joking and laughed, declaring I would never sleep with someone who looked like him. I followed that up saying I could not imagine any woman sleeping with him. A woman at the end of the table who had been listening in gave me a strange look and got up and left. I didn't think anything until the next day someone told me that she was the wife of the man I was talking about. I am mortified and am thinking of a way to apologize. Should I call her? Call him? Send her a note saying, "You obviously DO sleep with him"? Please help me dig myself out of this.

A: So your colleagues suggested fixing you up with a married man whose wife was sitting at the table. You replied by saying of a co-worker, "Blech! Who would be desperate enough to sleep with him!" Probably sending a note to the wife saying, "I don't know how you do it, but I understand you are willing to sleep with Reginald even though I find him repulsive," will not ameliorate this situation. This whole thing is complicated by the fact that you don't know whether your co-worker knows of your insult. It's possible his wife told him. Or she might just have decided to shield him from the unpleasant remark. She also might not even know your name. If you were sure he'd heard, you could simply say to him, "I'm mortified at what a jerk I can be sometimes. I apologize." But if he doesn't know, that would be a mystifying and disturbing declaration. So I think this is one of those situations that you file under: Lesson Learned, Big Time.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Self inflicted problems  Empty Re: Self inflicted problems

Post by Kris Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:21 am

Rishi wrote:Q. Embarrassed by Co-workers: Having been single for a few months now, my colleagues have been trying to set me up with various guys. Recently at a company-sponsored dinner they suggested a guy in the office who I don't know, but is not really good looking. I assumed they were joking and laughed, declaring I would never sleep with someone who looked like him. I followed that up saying I could not imagine any woman sleeping with him. A woman at the end of the table who had been listening in gave me a strange look and got up and left. I didn't think anything until the next day someone told me that she was the wife of the man I was talking about. I am mortified and am thinking of a way to apologize. Should I call her? Call him? Send her a note saying, "You obviously DO sleep with him"? Please help me dig myself out of this.

>>>>>Wait, her colleagues were trying to set her up with a married dude and his wife was at the same dinner  table and got offended when she said she wouldn't sleep with him?. Something is not adding up here

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:05 am

Kris wrote:
Rishi wrote:Q. Embarrassed by Co-workers: Having been single for a few months now, my colleagues have been trying to set me up with various guys. Recently at a company-sponsored dinner they suggested a guy in the office who I don't know, but is not really good looking. I assumed they were joking and laughed, declaring I would never sleep with someone who looked like him. I followed that up saying I could not imagine any woman sleeping with him. A woman at the end of the table who had been listening in gave me a strange look and got up and left. I didn't think anything until the next day someone told me that she was the wife of the man I was talking about. I am mortified and am thinking of a way to apologize. Should I call her? Call him? Send her a note saying, "You obviously DO sleep with him"? Please help me dig myself out of this.

>>>>>Wait, her colleagues were trying to set her up with a married dude and his wife was at the same dinner  table and got offended when she said she wouldn't sleep with him?. Something is not adding up here
Kris,

The woman was tricked by her co-workers into insulting that man. I think they used her weakness for running her mouth without thinking about the consequences. She did not know that guy's wife was there but her co-workers knew. They set her up.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:28 am

The coworker's wife was party to the setup. Serves the coworker's wife right.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down