Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A movie has ended...

3 posters

Go down

A movie has ended... Empty A movie has ended...

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:03 pm

last weekend one of my uncles passed away....But this one is special in some way. This uncle was known to family before his marriage. So I remember calling him one way (I was less than 2), and then he got married to my aunt. This was the very first marriage that I remember watching - the place, timing etc (less than 3 yrs old). I was sitting on someone's lap and looked above at the ornaments hung from the ceiling. after the marriage they were removed except one piece of it was stuck at the "madras Roof" beam. Whenever I visited my grandfather's house, I would look at THAT STUCK GOLDEN color piece and would smile at the thought of his marriage...This went on till 1994 (the house was sold in 98). Of course, the aunt passed away. I visited them many many times and nothing extraordinary but followed their entire life. The aunt passed away 10 years ago and I met him a few times and spent an entire day with him in 2008 in Bangalore. He was whining about his kids and the usuals...Of course, I know/knew his entire extended family and the sub plots. He owned agri lands in the 70s and the richest in the family, and of course, he did not have anything when he died (except sufficient to live on.)

Now he passed away last weekend after living a full and complete life bringing down the curtains of a man's entire life, and I feel as if I watched some complete movie.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

A movie has ended... Empty Re: A movie has ended...

Post by Rishi Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:20 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

last weekend one of my uncles passed away....But this one is special in some way. This uncle was known to family before his marriage. So I remember calling him one way (I was less than 2), and then he got married to my aunt. This was the very first marriage that I remember watching - the place, timing etc (less than 3 yrs old). I was sitting on someone's lap and looked above at the ornaments hung from the ceiling. after the marriage they were removed except one piece of it was stuck at the "madras Roof" beam. Whenever I visited my grandfather's house, I would look at THAT STUCK GOLDEN color piece and would smile at the thought of his marriage...This went on till 1994 (the house was sold in 98). Of course, the aunt passed away. I visited them many many times and nothing extraordinary but followed their entire life. The aunt passed away 10 years ago and I met him a few times and spent an entire day with him in 2008 in Bangalore. He was whining about his kids and the usuals...Of course, I know/knew his entire extended family and the sub plots. He owned agri lands in the 70s and the richest in the family, and of course, he did not have anything when he died (except sufficient to live on.)

Now he passed away last weekend after living a full and complete life bringing down the curtains of a man's entire life, and I feel as if I watched some complete movie.

>>> That gentleman did a great favor to his kids by not leaving any property. Otherwise thy will have to run around from one court to the other, hiring crooked lawyers to fight with each other. Especially if they are NRIs, they will be having a bigger headache. The ancestral house will be occupied by some squatters.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:35 pm

Rishi wrote:

last weekend one of my uncles passed away....But this one is special in some way.  This uncle was known to family before his marriage. So I remember calling him one way (I was less than 2), and then he got married to my aunt. This was the very first marriage that I remember watching - the place, timing etc (less than 3 yrs old). I was sitting on someone's lap and looked above at the ornaments hung from the ceiling. after the marriage they were removed except one piece of it was stuck at the "madras Roof" beam. Whenever I visited my grandfather's house, I would look at THAT STUCK GOLDEN color piece and would smile at the thought of his marriage...This went on till 1994 (the house was sold in 98). Of course, the aunt passed away. I visited them many many times and nothing extraordinary but followed their entire life. The aunt passed away 10 years ago and I met him a few times and spent an entire day with him in 2008 in Bangalore. He was whining about his kids and the usuals...Of course, I know/knew his entire extended family and the sub plots. He  owned agri lands in the 70s and the richest in the family, and of course, he did not have anything when he died (except sufficient to live on.)

>>> That gentleman did a great favor to his kids by not leaving any property. Otherwise thy will have to run around from one court to the other, hiring crooked lawyers to fight with each other. Especially if they are NRIs, they will be having a bigger headache. The ancestral house will be occupied by some squatters.
They are not NRIs and have one or two flats and just regular middle class. Money apart - good to see the transformation that a family goes through in 3 generations.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:36 pm

last weekend one of my uncles passed away....But this one is special in some way.  This uncle was known to family before his marriage. So I remember calling him one way (I was less than 2), and then he got married to my aunt. This was the very first marriage that I remember watching - the place, timing etc (less than 3 yrs old). I was sitting on someone's lap and looked above at the ornaments hung from the ceiling. after the marriage they were removed except one piece of it was stuck at the "madras Roof" beam. Whenever I visited my grandfather's house, I would look at THAT STUCK GOLDEN color piece and would smile at the thought of his marriage...This went on till 1994 (the house was sold in 98). Of course, the aunt passed away. I visited them many many times and nothing extraordinary but followed their entire life. The aunt passed away 10 years ago and I met him a few times and spent an entire day with him in 2008 in Bangalore. He was whining about his kids and the usuals...Of course, I know/knew his entire extended family and the sub plots. He  owned agri lands in the 70s and the richest in the family, and of course, he did not have anything when he died (except sufficient to live on.)

I'm old enough to observe how life plot and narrative changed over the years. I mean growing up at home, I would hear about this uncle/aunt or that and how their children were and what my parents and their cousins did at different times/years. Fast forward 2013, the discussions have changed to health issues, who died this year, who is suffering from what and even FB.

This team here was so much in the 80s discussion 10 years ago, soaps, childhood, sex and more sex. Change in oxytocin levels and other factors have modified discussions to health, children and need-to-know discusssions. I'm watching this movie unfold for me right here.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down