Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About two minutes in to No Fire Zone and holding the remote control I asked my mum if she wanted to change the channel back to Was It Something I Said, the comedy quiz show

Go down

About two minutes in to No Fire Zone and holding the remote control I asked my mum if she wanted to change the channel back to Was It Something I Said, the comedy quiz show  Empty About two minutes in to No Fire Zone and holding the remote control I asked my mum if she wanted to change the channel back to Was It Something I Said, the comedy quiz show

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:48 am

About two minutes in to No Fire Zone and holding the remote control I asked my mum if she wanted to change the channel back to Was It Something I Said, the comedy quiz show the family sometimes takes in after Homeland on Sunday nights. The answer was no. As a result, we watched this report on how in 2009 Sri Lanka’s government ushered Tamil civilians into “safe zones” – before subjecting them to sustained fire from heavy weaponry.

Neither of us had heard the story before. By the end of the broadcast – after 50 minutes of footage showing troops deliberately shelling  hospitals, executing huddled  prisoners, and yanking around the corpses of raped Tamil women – neither of us could believe the concluding point.
Memphis Barker

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down