Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Glimpse into the Indian Education System

2 posters

Go down

A Glimpse into the Indian Education System Empty A Glimpse into the Indian Education System

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:38 am

Was searching for some info and I came across these:

"This year, streams such as chemical engineering cost Rs 1 lakh per seat whereas in-demand courses like electronics and communication are priced at Rs 10-15 lakhs," said the dean of a deemed university.

and

Capitation fees for civil, mechanical, electronics and electrical engineering, and electronics and communications engineering, started from Rs. 4 lakh and went up to Rs. 15 lakh.

Don't even talk about medical colleges. Was told that after paying 35 Lakhs for a medical seat to dumbos, the college cannot fail anyone. Remember the Dr. MGR University passing students with 27 marks after 3rd attempts?

India Shining.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

A Glimpse into the Indian Education System Empty Re: A Glimpse into the Indian Education System

Post by sambarvada Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:46 am

===> Uppili,

What do you think about this?

http://www.valuemd.com/main-foreign-medical-schools-forum/11022-article-harvard-indian-medical-school-cooperation.html

Looks like Harvard thinks highly of Ramachandra medical college.

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

A Glimpse into the Indian Education System Empty Re: A Glimpse into the Indian Education System

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:47 am

Nothing to do with Harvard. A typical example of how half-informed, media taken in by high sounding people with phoren connection to exaggerate non-existing greatness.

NIH and pharma companies give millions in clinical - read human research to hospitals - including to one Jeevany (or some such thing) at Harvard (one needs to dig deeper into the story to find out more about the research an this guy). he then employs this MBBS dr.Tipirneni, who could not get into any US med schools AND is perhaps still waiting to pass his USMLE, as a "research" associate at the MGH and carts off a subcontract to to conduct clinical trials on unsuspecting Indian patients and use the cheap degreed labor to get some work done for his segment of the mega project (I am 102% sure that this Jeeveny is one of 9 investigators on the project).

Now comes the media touting it as a collaboration between "Harvard" (just bcz Jeeveny is a associated loosely with Harvard, and the ramachandra college which produces doctors who pass with 25 marks.

Nothing really great - and much like the Indian private colleges claiming to have "joint collaboration" with US universities.

In India Big names sell. Whenever I visited India, I used to claim that I worked in IBM or Boeing and reel off crap - I knew/know enough to hold a conversation with the "all-knowing educated commoners" and you should see the idiots falling for that (Of course, I claimed that I was a MTech student or a high school teacher at Govt organizations to minimize the bribes - I don't think I have that level gutsiness to pull off stunts like that anymore). The point is Indians are interested only in outward appearance and superficial talk.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down