Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abolish 'My Lord' and 'Your Lordship' 'slavery symbols', lawyer asks SC; Judge recuses, case to be relisted

2 posters

Go down

Abolish 'My Lord' and 'Your Lordship' 'slavery symbols', lawyer asks SC; Judge recuses, case to be relisted  Empty Abolish 'My Lord' and 'Your Lordship' 'slavery symbols', lawyer asks SC; Judge recuses, case to be relisted

Post by Rishi Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:25 pm

http://www.legallyindia.com/201311124106/Bar-Bench-Litigation/abolish-ldquo-my-lord-rdquo-and-ldquo-your-lordship-rdquo-says-lawyer

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Abolish 'My Lord' and 'Your Lordship' 'slavery symbols', lawyer asks SC; Judge recuses, case to be relisted  Empty Re: Abolish 'My Lord' and 'Your Lordship' 'slavery symbols', lawyer asks SC; Judge recuses, case to be relisted

Post by goodcitizn Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:49 pm

If public political display of prostrating to a CM is an accepted practice why should addressing the Court as Your Lordship be considered a slave symbol?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Abolish 'My Lord' and 'Your Lordship' 'slavery symbols', lawyer asks SC; Judge recuses, case to be relisted  Empty Re: Abolish 'My Lord' and 'Your Lordship' 'slavery symbols', lawyer asks SC; Judge recuses, case to be relisted

Post by Guest Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:03 pm

goodcitizn wrote:If public political display of prostrating to a CM is an accepted practice why should addressing the Court as Your Lordship be considered a slave symbol?
So Perry Mason, do you have any idea about why the judge recused himself from the case?

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Rashmun wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:If public political display of prostrating to a CM is an accepted practice why should addressing the Court as Your Lordship be considered a slave symbol?
So Perry Mason, do you have any idea about why the judge recused himself from the case?
Before that he is waiting to hear from the defendant in the Case of the Mislaid Facts.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:16 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Before that he is waiting to hear from the defendant in the Case of the Mislaid Facts.
Your explanation sucks big time. The reason seems to be that the petitioner is claiming that one of his earlier cases was dismissed by the court because he refused to address the court as "My Lord" or "Lordship". Presumably the judge who recused himself from this case was also hearing the earlier case. Henceforth, I will be calling you Hamilton Burger.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Rashmun wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Your explanation sucks big time. The reason seems to be that the petitioner is claiming that one of his earlier cases was dismissed by the court because he refused to address the court as "My Lord" or "Lordship". Presumably the judge who recused himself from this case was also hearing the earlier case. Henceforth, I will be calling you Hamilton Burger.
How conveniently you misinterpret! I was referring to your dodge ball maneuver in not being able to substantiate with facts your claim that the muslim population rate of India is lower than the overall population growth rate. Kindly let me know when that happens between now and when hell freezes over.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:31 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
How conveniently you misinterpret! I was referring to your dodge ball maneuver in not being able to substantiate with facts your claim that the muslim population rate of India is lower than the overall population growth rate. Kindly let me know when that happens between now and when hell freezes over.
Only someone like Hamilton Burger would mix up two different arguments.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:33 pm

Rashmun wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:So Perry Mason, do you have any idea about why the judge recused himself from the case?
Only someone like  Hamilton Burger would mix up two different arguments.
You continue to play dodge ball. Rather than hijack this thread, let me respond in your earlier thread.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:44 pm

>>> People who fall the feet of JJ do it on their own volition. But lawyers are forced to address the judges as "Your lordship".

Btw people fall at M.K. Stalin's feet also. But the media is making a big stink when it happens to JJ.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:50 pm

Rishi wrote:
>>> People who fall the feet of JJ do it on their own volition. But lawyers are forced to address the judges as "Your lordship".

Btw people fall at M.K. Stalin's feet also. But the media is making a big stink when it happens to JJ.
When I said CM it included Karunanidhi, JJ and others also. Not sure about your claim that they fall at the feet on their own volition. It appears to be a protocol to receive any resultant benefit.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down