Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coping with grief

2 posters

Go down

Coping with grief Empty Coping with grief

Post by Obnoxious Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:04 pm

My sis 5 month pregnant lost her baby today. It was heartbreaking to hear her. Any tips about what I can do make her feel better? I plan to visit her soon. Not sure whether to go right away or go after a couple of weeks when it hits her.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Coping with grief Empty Re: Coping with grief

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:11 pm

Obnoxious wrote:My sis 5 month pregnant lost her baby today. It was heartbreaking to hear her. Any tips about what I can do make her feel better? I plan to visit her soon. Not sure whether to go right away or go after a couple of weeks when it hits her.
So sorry to hear that. I have faced this firsthand (3-4 times) and even 10-12 weeks can feel very depressing, so can't even imagine 5 months. Whether you go or not, or whenever you go, just call and talk a lot. We used to sometimes get very scientific, considering most people in my fam are medicos, and even though I wasn't of med background, I would chip in anyway. Read stuff here and there, understand why it happened, and even suggest causes, lessons, preventions, what not. Investigate doctor and/or hospital problems and so on. Women take this as a real personal loss, and many times are faced with immense guilt too and tend to blame themselves. Do try to to give your best reassurance. Take care *hugs*.

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:27 pm

Obnoxious wrote:My sis 5 month pregnant lost her baby today. It was heartbreaking to hear her. Any tips about what I can do make her feel better? I plan to visit her soon. Not sure whether to go right away or go after a couple of weeks when it hits her.
i am so sorry to hear that. hope they figured out the reason why it happened. it must be gut-wrenching especially since she was past the 'danger' zone. i guess the only time she will feel a bit better about it is when she has another successful pregnancy.  one of my friends here lost her baby after 6 months of pregnancy but she carried her second baby full term with no issues.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:56 am

Thanks! Yes, they do have an idea what has happened. It is tougher, as the baby was healthy. Hopefully she will have a second chance.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down