Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[picture only]

3 posters

Go down

[picture only] Empty [picture only]

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:55 am

[picture only] 26766910

Back to top Go down

[picture only] Empty Re: [picture only]

Post by truthbetold Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:01 am

Interesting picture. I doubt the company that made the motor cycle ever tested for that kind of load. Probably they never thought about such a load. Hope they completed their journey safely.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:10 am

I know. So crazy. Picked this from FB.

Even though they have tied the stuff that she's sitting on, what if it slides even a little. Also how do you keep it stable? Am forgetting the rules of COG, but it sure is all wrong here.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:19 am

The problems of Rav4 and other SUVs toppling over in turns was well documented. With motor cycles and small base area and load on a very high location, it is inviting disaster. However, Indian roads does not allow faster speeds and the driver in most cases drives carefully (atleast I hope he does).

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:07 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:[picture only] 26766910

Looks like the Honda CBR600-RR , the latest Indian version.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:53 pm

truthbetold wrote:The problems of Rav4 and other SUVs toppling over in turns was well documented. With motor cycles and small base area and load on a very high location, it is inviting disaster. However, Indian roads does not allow faster speeds and the driver in most cases drives carefully (atleast I hope he does).

>>>> Indians not just survive, they seem to survive in traffic that can only be called mayhem. My cousin came to pick me up once in his motorcycle to take me to his place. On the way over there, he sees some shirt sale and asks me if we can stop by. Ends up picking close to a dozen shirts and asks me to hold them while he is zipping in and out of evening traffic. Suddenly he turns to me and blurts out something about a tornado in Kansas which he saw on the news and asks me how I can live in such a risk prone country. I am thinking this is freaking insane - i live 2000 miles away from Kansas and here we are ducking and weaving thru traffic, with me worried every single second and this guy thinks this is normal. On the way back, I insisted he drop me off in his car

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:03 pm

I do not think Indians are doing too well in terms of traffic accidents. The congestion on the road leads to much lower speeds but even then accidents are plenty. I have heard of personal anecdotes of accidents with ankles, legs, and severe pelvic injuries from limbs getting caught in closely packed moving vehicles. In addition , head to head collisions are common even on national highways.

Indian cities and highways have to improve a lot to be called safe or even reasonably usable.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down