Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The elevator encounter lasted 15 minutes the first time, 7 minutes the second

Go down

The elevator encounter lasted 15 minutes the first time, 7 minutes the second Empty The elevator encounter lasted 15 minutes the first time, 7 minutes the second

Post by Guest Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:11 pm

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1131125/jsp/frontpage/story_17609259.jsp

The girl said the block has three floors (ground, first and second floors) but Tejpal had managed to keep the elevator running up and down. “I then realised that Mr Tejpal was simply pressing buttons on the lift’s panel to make the elevator stay in circuit, preventing it from stopping anywhere…,” according to an email attributed to the girl and sent to Tehelka managing editor Shoma Chaudhury.

Tejpal had said the CCTV “footage will clear everything”.

However, if the footage indeed shows elevator entry at 12.15am and exit at 12.30am, the one-minute theory will not stand. The 15-minute gap will lend weight to the girl’s version that Tejpal kept the elevator in circuit.

Footage from the following day, November 8, also appears to corroborate the girl’s account.

The Goa police source said: “On November 8, at 8.53pm, Tejpal is seen taking the girl into the elevator, holding her hand. They come out after seven minutes. This time, too, the girl rushes out with Tejpal following. She walks fast up to a woman and talks to her for 10 minutes while Tejpal walks past. She then moves away too.”

The email attributed to the girl had said: “I was scared of getting into the lift with him again…. By this time he was holding me by the wrist and had taken me into the lift.”

Back to top Go down

The elevator encounter lasted 15 minutes the first time, 7 minutes the second Empty Re: The elevator encounter lasted 15 minutes the first time, 7 minutes the second

Post by Guest Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:30 pm

aren't there cameras in the elevators too? Many times, when alone in an elevator, I have had the urge to fix something, like a creased or tight part of uhh, some clothing or the other, or glare into a mirror to see if anything is stuck in my teeth, eyes, or nose, etc. But the only reason I don't do it is coz I don't want some perv security person noticing it on the monitor and sharing it.

Back to top Go down

The elevator encounter lasted 15 minutes the first time, 7 minutes the second Empty Re: The elevator encounter lasted 15 minutes the first time, 7 minutes the second

Post by Guest Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:33 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:aren't there cameras in the elevators too? Many times, when alone in an elevator, I have had the urge to fix something, like a creased or tight part of uhh, some clothing or the other, or glare into a mirror to see if anything is stuck in my teeth, eyes, or nose, etc. But the only reason I don't do it is coz I don't want some perv security person noticing it on the monitor and sharing it.
The five star hotel in goa--owned by Tejpal's friends--claims there were no cameras in the elevator.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down