Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deficit of sense

2 posters

Go down

Deficit of sense Empty Deficit of sense

Post by charvaka Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:29 pm

I have always thought myself capable of seeing the other side's point of view, even when I vehemently disagree with it. But the deficit negotiations are testing my ability to do that. I can understand fiscal conservatives arguing that there should be no new taxes. But what is the basis for arguing that there should be no incremental revenues? If there are not new revenues, who will pay for the trillion dollar wars they took the country into, while giving most of the money in tax breaks to the richest 2% of Americans? How will the debt ever be reduced, if America can't bring in more revenues? And if the debt can't be reduced, how can it be kept under the ceiling? Do GOP lawmakers even realize that they are trying to have their cake and eat it too?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Deficit of sense Empty Re: Deficit of sense

Post by garam_kuta Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:35 pm

charvaka wrote:I have always thought myself capable of seeing the other side's point of view, even when I vehemently disagree with it. But the deficit negotiations are testing my ability to do that. I can understand fiscal conservatives arguing that there should be no new taxes. But what is the basis for arguing that there should be no incremental revenues? If there are not new revenues, who will pay for the trillion dollar wars they took the country into, while giving most of the money in tax breaks to the richest 2% of Americans? How will the debt ever be reduced, if America can't bring in more revenues? And if the debt can't be reduced, how can it be kept under the ceiling? Do GOP lawmakers even realize that they are trying to have their cake and eat it too?

not for nothing they say stay away from looking into how sausages and budgets are made Rolling Eyes

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down