Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discrimination against Kashmiri women

2 posters

Go down

Discrimination against  Kashmiri women Empty Discrimination against Kashmiri women

Post by Rishi Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:23 pm

The Gujarat Chief Minister chose to personally target his J&K counterpart by alleging that Omar Abdullah‘s sister didn’t enjoy the same rights he did. “The rights that your chief minister has, does his sister Sara Pilot enjoy the same rights? No, because she married outside the state. I am not talking about Hindus or Muslims. I am talking about the people of J&K.”

“Development comes when there is integration. Men and women must have same rights. Should there be discrimination again women in J&K? Shouldn’t the injustice stop.” Modi said to his audience, that responded with cheers.

Abdullah as expected did not take Modi’s statements lying down and took to Twitter to counter. “He very conveniently used me and my sister as examples to illustrate a point that has NO bearing in truth. Either he lies or is ill informed,” Abdullah tweeted.

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/politics/narendra-modis-lalkar-rally-indicates-the-bjps-2014-plan-for-jk-1260445.html?utm_source=ref_article

Dilip
• 4 hours ago

Let's not jump to conclusion. What Modi meant by not treating women same rights as men, meant that if Kasmiri women marries outsider, her husband and children do not get domicile rights in Kashmir. If Kashmiri man marries outsider, both his wife and children get automatic right of domicile in Kashmir. That is a fact and a discrimination against women. The point is women's rights are not focused on in this state, where every other state human rights activists are all over. Why is that the case? Women in Kashmir as any different from any other states of India? Ask yourself that question.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Discrimination against  Kashmiri women Empty Re: Discrimination against Kashmiri women

Post by ashdoc Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:37 pm

i started this thread on defence forum of india and this is a response---

Sir what Modi stated is correct. My wife is from jammu. She is no more state subject. The J&K assembly passed a bill which nullfied the state subject rights to women who married non J&K citizens. This was done to just hurt the rights of Hindus as nearly all muslims of J&K marry within their families to retain their family lands within the family as a muslim woman has equal rights over the property. Not only that, in case a man marries a girl from outside the state, again she does not have the rights of a state subject. this bill has been challanged in J&K HC. This bill was passed against the wishes of people from jammu and NC+PDP came together to pass this bill.
One more case of discrimination is that delimitation became due in J&K also in 2007 but this excercise has not been done in J&K. The militancy has resulted in migration of people from Kashmir valley resulting in change of demography and so there will be more seats in Jammu/Doda/Kishtwar/Leh region than in Kashmir valley which will finish the monopoly of Kashmiris on the affairs of complete J&K state, to ensure that this does not happen, UPA decided not to conduct delimitation in J&K. This is a blatant violation of rules of land. Article 370 is temporary in nature and not a permanant provision. The rules under which other kingdoms were unified within India, same rules were applicable to J&K state also and same instrument of Accession was signed by Raja Hari Singh. Congress is making a fool of the nation.

ashdoc

Back to top Go down