Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Narendra Modi a gasbag, BJP guilty of sabotaging Congress meetings: Diggy Raja

Go down

Narendra Modi a gasbag, BJP guilty of sabotaging Congress meetings: Diggy Raja Empty Narendra Modi a gasbag, BJP guilty of sabotaging Congress meetings: Diggy Raja

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:30 pm

Singh, a bitter critic of Modi, said the Gujarat CM and BJP had managed the perception game better than Congress. “If we do something, say something like 10, the projection is just about 4 to 5 points. But in case of BJP, if they do something worth 4 or 5 points, they scale it up to 10 points. Their capacity to create a hype is much more than Congress. What is Modi? He is just this. Where is his Gujarat model of development. All you can say is that he has got very good PR,” he said, as he launched a strong defence of Gandhi whose oratory has been compared unfavourably with Modi’s speeches, despite the latter’s several historical bloomers.
Singh, who has been campaigning extensively for his party in MP and Chhattisgarh, made light of the perceived lukewarm response to Gandhi’s rallies in Delhi and Rajasthan and denied that the Congress scion had been forced to end his speeches in matter of minutes. “What about Modi? His rallies in MP have not drawn more than 10,000-15,000 people. Gandhi has had larger meetings. As it is he (Rahul) does not make very long speeches. They are about 10-15 minute-long. Oratory doesn’t come easily. It takes time. Modi has been in politics for 40 years. Anyway, he is quite a gas bag.”
He said. “I have been in politics for more than 40 years. Don’t go by people getting up in the middle of the speech. It is the standard operating procedure of BJP. They make about 15-20 people sit in the front row and when the VIP starts speaking, they get up and start leaving. I have seen this myself. Sometimes they set a cow inside the crowd. I have had a snake being thrown in my meeting. It is nothing new. It is an old strategy.”

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=pastissues2&BaseHref=ETD/2013/11/29&PageLabel=2&EntityId=Ar00200&ViewMode=HTML

Back to top Go down