Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Years's Day - Not for the orthodox puritans

4 posters

Go down

New Years's Day - Not for the orthodox puritans Empty New Years's Day - Not for the orthodox puritans

Post by Hellsangel Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:35 pm

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

New Years's Day - Not for the orthodox puritans Empty Re: New Years's Day - Not for the orthodox puritans

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:08 pm

why do they call it sherlock holmes? are they so wanting in creativity that they are unable to come up with a different name?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

New Years's Day - Not for the orthodox puritans Empty Re: New Years's Day - Not for the orthodox puritans

Post by Hellsangel Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:19 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:why do they call it sherlock holmes? are they so wanting in creativity that they are unable to come up with a different name?
It is a modern take on the series by Conan Doyle of the character with the same name. What would you rather they call it?

PS: You haven't even watched it, Il Professor-ai. Maybe you should watch it before commenting. Or maybe you are worried about being excommunicated from the orthodoxy.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:24 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:why do they call it sherlock holmes? are they so wanting in creativity that they are unable to come up with a different name?
why would they choose a different name when the whole premise for the show is to shift sherlock holmes to modern times? watson maintains a blog instead of a journal, holmes sends text messages instead of telegrams and so on. benedict cumberbatch is a brilliant actor.

the idiotic take on sherlock holmes is the guy ritchie movie featuring that unbearable robert downey "junior".

you should check this series out with an open mind.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:31 pm

bw wrote:

the idiotic take on sherlock holmes is the guy ritchie movie featuring that unbearable robert downey "junior".

you should check this series out with an open mind.
Impy objects to your description of her heartthrob.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:55 am

BBC News - Sherlock return watched by 9.2m
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25574277
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:08 am

Hellsangel wrote:BBC News - Sherlock return watched by 9.2m

watched it - it had its moments but i found it a bit of a drag.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:41 am

bw wrote:

How was the second episode?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:20 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
bw wrote:

sherlock getting goofier and sappier - getting further and further away from the real sherlock holmes. puritans strongly advised to stay off! my son was asking me why they need to call him sherlock since he seems nothing like the original sherlock! Smile

some deduction happened only in the last 20 minutes. sherlock's take on marriage is hilarious.

i liked this episode.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:04 pm

watched the third one yesterday - was good but a bit too melodramatic. also, the bad guy was more like a hindi(indian) movie one. too black and white.

it seems that BBC started this as a one season spoof but now that it has become very popular, they are a bit stretched for ideas.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:20 pm

bw wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
bw wrote:

sherlock getting goofier and sappier - getting further and further away from the real sherlock holmes. puritans strongly advised to stay off! my son was asking me why they need to call him sherlock since he seems nothing like the original sherlock! Smile

some deduction happened only in the last 20 minutes. sherlock's take on marriage is hilarious.

i liked this episode.

Finally caught up. I liked it too.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down