Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U.S. Evangelicals, Indian Expats Teamed Up to Push Through Modi Visa Ban

Go down

U.S. Evangelicals, Indian Expats Teamed Up to Push Through Modi Visa Ban Empty U.S. Evangelicals, Indian Expats Teamed Up to Push Through Modi Visa Ban

Post by Rishi Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:46 pm

http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/12/05/u-s-evangelicals-indian-expats-teamed-up-to-push-through-modi-visa-ban/?emc=edit_tnt_20131205&tntemail0=y&_r=2

Mr. Modi called the visa denial in 2005 “an attack on Indian sovereignty” and raised the question, “Will India also consider what America has done in Iraq when it processes visa applications of Americans coming to India?”

>>> Good question by Modi.

What were the Evangelists doing when America slaughtered hundreds of thousands of Muslims in Iraq?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

U.S. Evangelicals, Indian Expats Teamed Up to Push Through Modi Visa Ban Empty Re: U.S. Evangelicals, Indian Expats Teamed Up to Push Through Modi Visa Ban

Post by Rishi Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:53 pm

U.S. Evangelicals, Indian Expats Teamed Up to Push Through Modi Visa Ban None

• Alok
  • nyc
I'm not surprised, these so called human rights groups conveniently forget about all of the Christian terrorism being supported in the northeast of India by these same evangelicals. And while we're at it how about denying visas to all these sheikhs and other leaders of middle eastern countries who deny others religious freedom and openly support extremist groups.

Lets have a single standard for all countries and communities instead of just picking on certain ones that are convenient.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

U.S. Evangelicals, Indian Expats Teamed Up to Push Through Modi Visa Ban Empty Re: U.S. Evangelicals, Indian Expats Teamed Up to Push Through Modi Visa Ban

Post by Rishi Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:57 pm

• Usarmyvet2000
  • Glen Burnie,MD

I not only agree with Padman's comments but applaud his presentation of the "other set of facts" that Mr. Jain Mohamad omitted to present. Padman has presented the facts regarding the Godhra riots.

As a US citizen of Indian Christian origin and a US Army veteran who has traveled in 76 countries (so far) either for work-related or personal pleasure-related reasons, I have no hesitation in singling out India as a truly secular and functioning democracy, unlike its neighboring two theocratic Muslim nations such as Pakistan and Bangladesh. While India's Muslim population has grown in numbers and many Indian Muslim citizens have held positions of authority as President of India, Chief Justice of India, Supreme Court Judges, Cabinet Ministers etc.,such examples are non-existent in both Pakistan and Bangladesh. The current Foreign Minister of India is an Indian Muslim.

The minorities in Pakistan and Bangladesh (Hindus and Christians) have dwindled in numbers and they are persecuted often under false pretenses. The USCIRF rarely offers much publicity for such heinous acts of Muslim countries. That in my view is because, the USCIRF has no Commissioners drawn from US's Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, Taoist etc citizenry.

USCiRF Commissioners are all from either Christian or Jewish and Muslim faiths. Therefore, the credibility of its reports among Hindus in India and fair-minded non-Hindu Indian-Americans here is near zero! As a true Christian, I must agree with them..

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down