Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scheduled Caste Father Screams Racial Bias at Americans Over Devyani’s Arrest

+4
MaxEntropy_Man
nevada
Kris
Rishi
8 posters

Go down

Scheduled Caste Father Screams Racial Bias at Americans Over Devyani’s Arrest Empty Scheduled Caste Father Screams Racial Bias at Americans Over Devyani’s Arrest

Post by Rishi Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:00 pm

http://www.searchindia.com/2013/12/13/scheduled-caste-father-screams-racial-bias-at-americans-over-devyanis-arrest/

http://www.timesnow.tv/videoshow/4443896.cms (video)

Scheduled Caste Father Screams Racial Bias at Americans Over Devyani’s Arrest
America, Diaspora, Immigration  Add comments

Dec 132013

Uttam Khobragde Mad at Americans Over Daughter's ArrestUttam Khobragade, 61, is mad as hell over his diplomat daughter Devyani Khobragde’s arrest by the U.S. authorities in NYC yesterday on charges of Visa fraud and making false statements in the hiring of an Indian maid.

No stranger to controversy himself, the retired Indian bureaucrat, who belongs to India’s Scheduled Caste community a.k.a. Dalits, is screaming racial bias at the American authorities.

“It is nothing but a racial bias. It is simple and clear racial bias to harass the Indians,” Devyani’s father told Indian journalists.

Under normal circumstances, it’s not considered in good taste to highlight an individual’s caste, one of Hinduism’s worst elements.

But since Uttam Khabragade belong to the community of Scheduled Castes (Dalits), which has often faced serious discrimination in India, it’s interesting that he should be charging some Americans with racism over the arrest of his daughter.
Talking Baloney

But Uttam Khobragade is talking nonsense, absolute nonsense.

Because the U.S. Attorney who is responsible for filing the case against his daughter Devyani Khobragade is none other than an Indian-American by the name of Preet Bharara.

Bharara is a respected lawyer and the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York.

In the past, Bharara has taken on some of Wall Street’s egregious offenders.

Devyani Khobragade faces serious charges and if found guilty will go to prison for a long time.

She has been charged with one count of visa fraud and one count of making false statements, which carry maximum sentences of ten years and five years in prison, respectively.

Media reports suggest the Indian government is working feverishly behind the scenes to resolve the crisis triggered by Devyani’s arrest.

Besides seeking an apology from U.S. law enforcement agencies, Devyani’s father Uttam Khobragade is urging the Indian government not to take the matter of his daughter’s arrest lightly.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Scheduled Caste Father Screams Racial Bias at Americans Over Devyani’s Arrest Empty Re: Scheduled Caste Father Screams Racial Bias at Americans Over Devyani’s Arrest

Post by Kris Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:18 pm

These SOBs are so used to pulling strings and getting away with anything, this must just seem like nothing to him. Of course, she is going to get away with it, with the immunity. I am surprised it even got this far. The cops in NY must be so blasé about this whole thing now, with so may of the UN guys coming under diplomatic cover.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Scheduled Caste Father Screams Racial Bias at Americans Over Devyani’s Arrest Empty Re: Scheduled Caste Father Screams Racial Bias at Americans Over Devyani’s Arrest

Post by nevada Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:25 pm

After all this brouhaha I will be disappointed if she is let off with a mere slap on the wrist.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:27 pm

i am totally happy that she is in this predicament and i am enjoying watching her father getting apoplectic, but i sometimes wonder about bharara. why is it that so many of the people he has nailed are of sub-continental origin? how many non sub-continental people has he brought to justice? i can count one, bernie madoff.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:45 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i am totally happy that she is in this predicament and i am enjoying watching her father getting apoplectic, but i sometimes wonder about bharara. why is it that so many of the people he has nailed are of sub-continental origin? how many non sub-continental people has he brought to justice? i can count one, bernie madoff.

daymn....She is a "scheduled caste?" She could pass for a Tambrahmi Iyer or a Srirangam Iyengar. Comes from a family of IFS and IAS officers and the father is still using the SC/ST card?

I wish she gets punished to the maximum - although she will be let go with a slight slap on the wrist. Her father can scream and bring more attention to her case so that the Indian organizations start looking at this closely and put her in trouble in India.

Now, I see how she got a Medical Seat, why she did not practice, and how she got into IFS and Adarsh apt.

Guiliani put all the Pizza parlour owners and Mafiasos behind the bar and he being an Italian knew much about the Italian crimes.

Baraara is an Indian and naturally knows more about the Indian (financial) mafiaso... One group at a time.

Hope he throws the entire mafia of Desi Looters in the slammer.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:01 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i am totally happy that she is in this predicament and i am enjoying watching her father getting apoplectic, but i sometimes wonder about bharara. why is it that so many of the people he has nailed are of sub-continental origin? how many non sub-continental people has he brought to justice? i can count one, bernie madoff.

daymn....She is a "scheduled caste?" She could pass for a Tambrahmi Iyer or a Srirangam Iyengar. Comes from a family of IFS and IAS officers and the father is still using the SC/ST card?  

The family members (including her perhaps) probably acquired the IFS / IAS credentials because of SC/ST card ...  natural for the father to use the SC/ST card again in this situation.

The Indian Govt. needs to clearly identify the candidates who use their caste in getting education and jobs (including as MBBS, SDM, IAS, IFS etc.), such as by adding one asterisk (*) to the names of OBC candidates and two asterisks (**) to the names of SC/ST candidates. This will make clear to public as to which candidates (officers, doctors, engineers) received the education and jobs on their own (without using the Govt's caste quota policy .. having no asterisks against the name) and which ones came through the quota system (with asterisks).

Last edited by Seva Lamberdar on Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:04 pm

>>>Preet Bharara is Roy Cohn of the Indian community in America.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:08 pm

I wish she gets punished to the maximum - although she will be let go with a slight slap on the wrist. Her father can scream and bring more attention to her case so that the Indian organizations start looking at this closely and put her in trouble in India.

Now, I see how she got a Medical Seat, why she did not practice, and how she got into IFS and Adarsh apt.

Guiliani put all the Pizza parlour owners and Mafiasos behind the bar and he being an Italian knew much about the Italian crimes.

Baraara is an Indian and naturally knows more about the Indian (financial) mafiaso... One group at a time.

Hope he throws the entire mafia of Desi Looters in the slammer.

>>>In NI skin color does not correlate with caste. About good looks, we can say Punjabi men are most likely to be tall and handsome compared to other groups.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:10 pm

May be, the father is referring not to Americans but to Bharara ("upper" caste?)!!!  The father seems to be a student of CONprofessors Lafadloo, MullaYama and Mayawati. He probably thinks that if he can cloud it with a Dalit cover, he will get a lot of support in the US, UN, UK AND even PakiSatan. Unfortunately for him, they are not stupid sikular intellectuals. 

I wonder what happened to the BSP MP and his wife who were barbaric towards their maids.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:59 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:May be, the father is referring not to Americans but to Bharara ("upper" caste?)!!!  The father seems to be a student of CONprofessors Lafadloo, MullaYama and Mayawati. He probably thinks that if he can cloud it with a Dalit cover, he will get a lot of support in the US, UN, UK AND even PakiSatan. Unfortunately for him, they are not stupid sikular intellectuals. 

I wonder what happened to the BSP MP and his wife who were barbaric towards their maids.

Good point! Bharara's parents moved out of India most likely due to lack of opportunities for progress whereas SCs like Kobragade enjoy uninhibited success in India thanks to their SC card. But the true lower caste victim in the case is the worker who was cheated out of her wages.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:37 pm

>>> I heard that whites get better treatment at Indian consulates than desis. So why is this man crying hoarse now?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:28 pm

Rishi wrote:>>> I heard that whites get better treatment at Indian consulates than desis. So why is this man crying hoarse now?

Brahmins came from North and Whites came from further North. Therefore, whites are superior to Brahmins - and Uttam Khabargade is right...everyone is abusing her daughter bcz she is a SC.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:31 pm

Rishi wrote:>>> I heard that whites get better treatment at Indian consulates than desis. So why is this man crying hoarse now?

Brahmins came from North and Whites came from further North. Therefore, whites are superior to Brahmins - and Uttam Khabargade is right...everyone is abusing her daughter bcz she is a SC.

There is a song for that:
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down