Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

50 Million Pounds for a Wedding...

+5
bw
seven
MaxEntropy_Man
Rishi
FluteHolder
9 posters

Go down

50 Million Pounds for a Wedding... Empty 50 Million Pounds for a Wedding...

Post by FluteHolder Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:01 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2524192/A-double-Michelin-starred-chef-200-butlers-helicopter-just-wedding-photos--50m-price-tag-Niece-steel-tycoon-Lakshmi-Mittal-gets-married-lavish-day-ceremony.html

They are one of the richest families in the world, so when it comes to a wedding, it is not going to be a small family gathering.

The niece of billionaire Lakshmi Mittal tied the knot earlier this month during a three-day, £50m party in Barcelona.
Shristi Mittal, 26, was surrounded by musical fountains, 200 butlers, had national museums closed to the public and was served food from a Michelin-starred chef during the extravaganza.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

50 Million Pounds for a Wedding... Empty Re: 50 Million Pounds for a Wedding...

Post by Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:09 pm

49 m pound wedding would have been equally lavish. that 1m pound would set me for life. is mittal listening?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:21 pm

FluteHolder wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2524192/A-double-Michelin-starred-chef-200-butlers-helicopter-just-wedding-photos--50m-price-tag-Niece-steel-tycoon-Lakshmi-Mittal-gets-married-lavish-day-ceremony.html

They are one of the richest families in the world, so when it comes to a wedding, it is not going to be a small family gathering.

The niece of billionaire Lakshmi Mittal tied the knot earlier this month during a three-day, £50m party in Barcelona.
Shristi Mittal, 26, was surrounded by musical fountains, 200 butlers, had national museums closed to the public and was served food from a Michelin-starred chef during the extravaganza.

>>> This is the kind of wedding I demanded before agreeing to get married. My FIL said "Spend your own money. I will be there at your wedding"

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:26 pm

FluteHolder wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2524192/A-double-Michelin-starred-chef-200-butlers-helicopter-just-wedding-photos--50m-price-tag-Niece-steel-tycoon-Lakshmi-Mittal-gets-married-lavish-day-ceremony.html

>>>> Good for the Mittals.

People who bring up the poverty in India miss the point. Suppose Mittal donates $50 million pounds for building primary schools back home, $49 million pounds will be swallowed by Mulyam Singh Yadav, various IAS officers, engineers at the PWD and building contractors.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:30 pm

Rishi wrote:

People who bring up the poverty in India miss the point. Suppose Mittal donates $50 million pounds for building primary schools back home, $49 million pounds will be swallowed by Mulyam Singh Yadav, various IAS officers, engineers at the PWD and building contractors.

sometimes it's better not to say something contrarian just to appear smart. there are many ways to do this right without wasting money. if one is that wealthy there is no justification for blowing that kind of money on a wedding. it's legal of course, but it's also plain stupid. in this case the contrarian opinion is the stupid opinion.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:31 pm

>>>The bride is not all that good looking. I think he married her for the money.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:33 pm

She should've posted a different pic. Sth in which she was looking good. This one's disappointing. I don't like her legenga that much.  
Unless it is some astrology numerology thing, shouldn't it be srishti instead of shristi :/

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:37 pm

Good clothes, right makeup and  gentle upbringing can make anyone look good. She is probably too bz honeymooning to bother about her pic in newspapers.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:59 pm

seven wrote: I don't like her legenga that much.  

i haven't seen the picture, but why? not enough rhinestones?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:01 pm

"Aditya Mittal, Lakshmi's son and heir, got married in Calcutta in 1998 where Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan was paid £300,000 to entertain guests."

Rolling Eyes

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:05 pm

bw wrote:"Aditya Mittal, Lakshmi's son and heir, got married in Calcutta in 1998 where Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan was paid £300,000 to entertain guests."

Rolling Eyes

what did he do? perform a mujra?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:12 pm

all the outfits look hideous and gaudy - all the money in the world can't buy class or subtlety, i guess.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Good troubled Spain [economy] could use whatever it can get.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:37 am

probably inflated numbers.....there was a desi wedding in vegas recently which ppl said costed 10mil USD but ppl in the know said it cost 2.3 mil. they go overboard with this partly for bragging rights on part of the ppl getting married and for wedding planners to drum up publicity for their own business

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:56 am

Groom rode an elephant in the Vegas wedding, but this more expensive wedding had the groom ride a horse (or could be a mule, who knows).

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:07 am

I remember when one of my Marathi BFF's cousin (who was a lecturer in our engg college) was getting married the same time as my Madu BFF's bro was getting married.

The teacher did her entire wedding in 1200 rupees. No. No missing zero there. 1200.  While BFF's mom was showing me the wedding lehenga and saris for her new DIL. The lehenga alone was 50,000 rupees. And then the 11 obligatory sarees. Each running @25,000 plus. Aunty kept crying that her son was getting married before her daughter. Coz daughter's expenses can be much more. So she wanted daughter, ie my BFF to go first so that they could adjust their budget during son's wedding. But since son was going first and it was the first wedding of the family, she could not contain her excitement and kept shopping crazy.

I did tell the numbers to each other. Bigger shock was BFF. Who could not start to imagine how much to cut back to get to 1200. Lol. Was a funny moment for me.

Last edited by Tracy Whitney on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:14 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rishi wrote:

sometimes it's better not to say something contrarian just to appear smart. there are many ways to do this right without wasting money. if one is that wealthy there is no justification for blowing that kind of money on a wedding. it's legal of course, but it's also plain stupid. in this case the contrarian opinion is the stupid opinion.

>>>OK if you say so.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:24 am

At least they are circulating the money and not stashing away in secret lockers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:34 am

the bride's father and l. n. mittal separated long back. wonder why the article doesn't mention this? this is not l. n.mittal's money -- it is just a one-upmanship.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:35 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:I remember when one of my Marathi BFF's cousin (who was a lecturer in our engg college) was getting married the same time as my Madu BFF's bro was getting married.

The teacher did her entire wedding in 1200 rupees. No. No missing zero there. 1200.  While BFF's mom was showing me the wedding lehenga and saris for her new DIL. The lehenga alone was 50,000 rupees. And then the 11 obligatory sarees. Each running @25,000 plus. Aunty kept crying that her son was getting married before her daughter. Coz daughter's expenses can be much more. So she wanted daughter, ie my BFF to go first so that they could adjust their budget during son's wedding. But since son was going first and it was the first wedding of the family, she could not contain her excitement and kept shopping crazy.

I did tell the numbers to each other. Bigger shock was BFF. Who could not start to imagine how much to cut back to get to 1200. Lol. Was a funny moment for me.

The teacher who did her entire wedding in just 1200 rupees isn't doing any good to the economy. What will happen to the ones who loom the saris, the ones who embroider them, the cooks, the servers, the mandap walas, the flower decorators, etc if ppl start to go for such low budget weddings?

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:52 pm

Rishi wrote:

>>> This is the kind of wedding I demanded before agreeing to get married. My FIL said "Spend your own money. I will be there at your wedding"

But, but my dear Rishi, you're missing the point. His English ( or his brother's for that matter) is much inferior to that of FF. Also to your own English. We should feel happy about that.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:55 pm

Both of them are out of shape. So we can't say with certainty he married her for money. Maybe they fell in love bcz they had a lot in common.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down