Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Devyani Khobragade gets full diplomatic immunity after transfer

+6
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Kayalvizhi
confuzzled dude
goodcitizn
FluteHolder
10 posters

Go down

Devyani Khobragade gets full diplomatic immunity after transfer Empty Devyani Khobragade gets full diplomatic immunity after transfer

Post by FluteHolder Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:35 am

http://www.ndtv.com/article/cheat-sheet/devyani-khobragade-gets-full-diplomatic-immunity-after-transfer-she-was-arrested-and-strip-searched--460021?pfrom=home-lateststories

So effectively India is saying we can file fraudulent document with diplomatic immunity to evade arrest?

US saying it followed the rules by the book.

It is a win/win for both? But actually shame shame for India for all the noise they made.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Devyani Khobragade gets full diplomatic immunity after transfer Empty Re: Devyani Khobragade gets full diplomatic immunity after transfer

Post by goodcitizn Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:16 am

She has also been charged of paying the babysitter, Sangeeta Richard, just $537 a month, instead of the $4,500 per month according to the employment contract furnished for her visa. This amounts to just $3 an hour, which is much lower than the minimum wage of $9.75 per hour mandated by US laws.

Was Devyani getting $4500/month from the Indian govt to pay her housekeeper? Did she underpay her pocketing the rest?

Nobody seems to be answering this question.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Devyani Khobragade gets full diplomatic immunity after transfer Empty Re: Devyani Khobragade gets full diplomatic immunity after transfer

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:18 am

FluteHolder wrote:http://www.ndtv.com/article/cheat-sheet/devyani-khobragade-gets-full-diplomatic-immunity-after-transfer-she-was-arrested-and-strip-searched--460021?pfrom=home-lateststories

So effectively India is saying we can file fraudulent document with diplomatic immunity to evade arrest?

US saying it followed the rules by the book.

It is a win/win for both? But actually shame shame for India for all the noise they made.

You think US would've acted differently if they were at the receiving end, their track record tells me otherwise.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:54 am

>> It is a win/win for both? But actually shame shame for India for all the noise they made.

I agree. Indian criminals in US should be prosecuted like others if they do not have diplomatic immunity. Should be tried before a jury and punished by average sentence if found guilty.

I do not see why this nonsense defense of her by some Indians here

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:39 am

It is well known that there is widespread corruption and complete disregard for law and order in India. Devyani did not have full diplomatic privileges and immunity when she was charged for visa fraud. By elevating her as a senior diplomat, the Indian Government is broadcasting to the world that she did not have diplomatic immunity and the Government openly supports fraud and corruption and does everything for the guilty to circumvent punishment. I have to hang my head in shame.
Posted on: Dec 18, 2013 at 19:19 IST
(comment from Hindu).

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:44 am

goodcitizn wrote:
She has also been charged of paying the babysitter, Sangeeta Richard, just $537 a month, instead of the $4,500 per month according to the employment contract furnished for her visa. This amounts to just $3 an hour, which is much lower than the minimum wage of $9.75 per hour mandated by US laws.

Was Devyani getting $4500/month from the Indian govt to pay her housekeeper? Did she underpay her pocketing the rest?

Nobody seems to be answering this question.

The Govt pays for the servant. It is another perk for the Babus. However, they all underpay and pocket the rest - the cheap Indian way. You know....get first class fare but travel by second class and pocket the rest?

There s no angel among the babus and Netas. Each protect the other.

While strip search and public handcuffs were stupid moves on the US part, arrest is a legitimate one and she should have been prosecuted and thrown in jail. Shows even US will cave into the corruption of India's politicians, what can the poor Indians do against the Babus?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:11 pm

This whole thing is interesting.

Looks like Devayani is selectively targeted - the practice of paying less than what is declared, is common among missions in the US of all developing/backward countries. Apparently, the US quietly allows this illegal practice.

The father of Devayani looks like a technicalities junkie. He is talking about every trick in the book to say that his daughter is innocent.

Sangeetha seems to be a crook. Her father-in-law (brother-in-law?) works in the US consulate in Delhi. Apparently, this relative is the one who assisted in (and facilitated) her visa application. It is interesting that she applied for a maid's position (just to find ways to migrate to the US?) and after landing in the US started to frame the Indian consulate official.

On Dec 10th, the US grants visa to the husband and kids of Sangeetha and they left for the US before the Desi attorney went after Devayani in NY. Obviously, the relative of Sangeetha in Delhi is in the loop of the whole thing.

The Desi attorney in NY (Sardarji) looks like an anti-India, Khalistani sympathizer.

It seems, the US administration as well as the Indian govt. are taken for a ride by some sikular crooks - the Desi NY Attorney, Sangeetha and the latter's FIL or BIL (the usual ugly Indian CON behavior).

It is Indians that make the country a banana republic.

Vadra ji zindabad!   Lafadloo jai ho! MullaYama ji ki jai!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:19 pm

>> The Desi attorney in NY (Sardarji) looks like an anti-India, Khalistani sympathizer.

He should question Manmohan and Sonia about war crimes in Lanka when they visit here.

There seems to be a lopp hole to question people like them.

SL President rajapakasa's brother was questrioned for hours abot Lankan war crime when he came for a UN meeting. He had dual US-SL citizenships.

Former SL army chief was asked to appear before the US attorney to question about war crimes because he was on a private visit to his daughter.

It is re;ported India pleaded on his behalf and he was allowed to leave US before the date ocf his appearance before a US attorney. Why was India involved> Will the General reveal India complicity in Lankan war crimes?

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:27 pm

>>>> The Desi attorney in NY (Sardarji) looks like an anti-India, Khalistani sympathizer. 

how do you reckon? typical desi oversimplification and jumping the gun when it comes to motives

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:28 pm

kv-- how about starting a WH petition to sanction SL till such time as the undertake a full investigation of war crimes and punish the perpetrators? you need a minimum of 25000 signatures for the obama admin to respond. ill sign on right away.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:32 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:>>>> The Desi attorney in NY (Sardarji) looks like an anti-India, Khalistani sympathizer. 

how do you reckon? typical desi oversimplification and jumping the gun when it comes to motives

He is in the loop of the whole plot. He waited until the husband and kids left India and then, went after Deavayani. What Devayani did was done by almost all diplomats of developing/backward countries. Khalistani sympathizer is just a guess ("typical desi oversimplication........"). 

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:38 pm

I doi not do things thaty does not do any meaningful resolution.

Lets say US sanctions Sri Lanka? Then what? India will give whatever money Lanka loses.

This was what happened in 2009. US opposed a World bank loan to Lanka ($ 2 billion). When Ms. Clintoon visied India for something else, Indian PM asked her not to go ahead with it. She rebuffed the PM and went to visit TN CM Jayalaltha to discuss among other things Tamil plight in Lanka. Someting US seldom does-discuss foreign affairs with a local leader.

What did India do? It told Lanka that if World Bank did not give $ 2 billion India would loan it. Hearting this US stopped the opposition.

So why would I waste my time on collecting signatures?

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:40 pm

>> What Devayani did was done by almost all diplomats of developing/backward countries.

What a nonsense defense?

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:46 pm

you are getting into the twilight zone of conspiracy theories. you seriously think the second generation takes old world politics seriously to the point where they'd put their own career on line? the only knock that sounds reasonable against him is that he's trying to look impartial, being a little extra zealous going after desis/southasians (who to be honest are prone to scams and bending the law we all know).

end of day, he's within the law so dont complain when you get caught and are treated badly. same argument (everyone does it, why single me out) also applies to traffic tickets

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:34 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:you are getting into the twilight zone of conspiracy theories. you seriously think the second generation takes old world politics seriously to the point where they'd put their own career on line? the only knock that sounds reasonable against him is that he's trying to look impartial, being a little extra zealous going after desis/southasians (who to be honest are prone to scams and bending the law we all know).

end of day, he's within the law so dont complain when you get caught and are treated badly. same argument (everyone does it, why single me out) also applies to traffic tickets

I was wondering along the same lines. So, I posted on it. The latest is that Kerry phoned Menon and expressed "regret".

I still think that the Sardarji isn't clean. I'll wait and see how the whole thing opens up.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:48 pm

Kerry phoned Menon and expressed "regret".

Regret for what? For this Indian diplomat flouting the minimum wage law? She may get out of it in India but not here.

Kerry should have chewed out that fellow Menon asking him not to send such people as diplomats who bring Indians as labor and violate their basic rights.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:14 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:you are getting into the twilight zone of conspiracy theories. you seriously think the second generation takes old world politics seriously to the point where they'd put their own career on line? the only knock that sounds reasonable against him is that he's trying to look impartial, being a little extra zealous going after desis/southasians (who to be honest are prone to scams and bending the law we all know).

I was wondering along the same lines. So, I posted on it. The latest is that Kerry phoned Menon and expressed "regret".

I still think that the Sardarji isn't clean. I'll wait and see how the whole thing opens up.

Just as I thought - The sardarji is denying that Devayani was hand-cuffed or mistreated! This, after the cops confirmed that she was strip-searched and more. So, the Sardarji should be investigated for what else he does. I bet he is involved in immigration fraud.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:02 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:I doi not do things thaty does not do any meaningful resolution.

ROFL! Every time I visit here, you fuckers don't fail to make me LMAO. TIL posting on Sulekha for years together about Hindia and separating from India leads to a meaningful resolution. Keep it up!

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by peace_lover Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:12 am

Lol.. Our bloody netas applauded when the same U.S humiliated fellow Indians( Ramdev, Swamy, Modi) and now why all the hue and cry? Where are those 65 netas who wrote to U.S not to allow Modi? Oh i forgot, anything that has saffron with it should be treated like shit. This Devyani incident is a result of our own doings. We wanted U.S to insult an Indian, and when they do it why play the victim?

peace_lover

Back to top Go down

Post by peace_lover Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:59 am

Look at the poor girl Devyani's assets..

http://www.mea.gov.in/Portal/IRPDocuments/626_2012_Immovable_Property_.pdf

peace_lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:06 am

peace_lover wrote:Look at the poor girl Devyani's assets..

http://www.mea.gov.in/Portal/IRPDocuments/626_2012_Immovable_Property_.pdf

Great.....Adarsh Coloby 1000 sq ft flat was only 90 Laks? Daym....I am going to buy a flat there...

One silver lining...I learnt that property can be gifted throw deed and also "Transferred"...

Thank you Devyani babe...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down