Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

one constituency that nobody thought to interview

4 posters

Go down

one constituency that nobody thought to interview Empty one constituency that nobody thought to interview

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:57 pm

http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/12/19/the-domestic-helps-views-in-debate-over-diplomats-arrest/
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

one constituency that nobody thought to interview Empty Re: one constituency that nobody thought to interview

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:19 pm

They appear to be split on this just as the regular janata,

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

one constituency that nobody thought to interview Empty Re: one constituency that nobody thought to interview

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:28 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/12/19/the-domestic-helps-views-in-debate-over-diplomats-arrest/

Initially I felt sympathy for her. But, when I learnt of her "disappearance", followed by her complaint, her ransom demand, etc...and the contract details of $3.31/hr (Heck..the gult married women who work in saree stores in jackson Heights are paid $1/hr), I have my doubts about this "maid" what with her husband and kids flying to US on Dec 10. Really...are they that rich they could buy 3 tickets that easily ? This has GC scam written all over it. If she got boarding and food at Devyani's house, then I have absolutely no sympathy for this maid....bunch of bull.

The IFS officer is a crook who schemed the system with quota abuse, while the maid also is a crook.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/12/19/the-domestic-helps-views-in-debate-over-diplomats-arrest/

Initially I felt sympathy for her.  But, when I learnt of her "disappearance", followed by her complaint, her ransom demand, etc...and the contract details of $3.31/hr (Heck..the gult married women who work in saree stores in jackson Heights are paid $1/hr), I have my doubts about this "maid" what with her husband and kids flying to US on Dec 10.  Really...are they that rich they could buy 3 tickets that easily ? This has GC scam written all over it. If she got boarding and food at Devyani's house, then I have absolutely no sympathy for this maid....bunch of bull.

The IFS officer is a crook who schemed the system with quota abuse, while the maid also is a crook.

Why do you assume that the maid is a scheming crook? Maybe she was tired of working way more than 40 hrs per week and was threatened by Cobragate with bad consequences not only for her but for her family in India when she told her she couldn't continue like this any more and begged for a ticket back to India. 

Being a servant in someone's house for months together is not an easy job. I personally know of 2-3 cases in India where village people who were employed as maids/servant in the city fled back to their villages after just a few days/months. And there was no ill treatment or anything - these people were homesick, felt like a fish out of water in the city and escaped back to familiar surroundings. They were a mere 4 hour bus ride away from their village but still felt so homesick and compelled to flee. Imagine the amount of homesickness that maid must have felt living in a different country and away from her family.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:47 pm

nevada wrote:
Why do you assume that the maid is a scheming crook? Maybe she was tired of working way more than 40 hrs per week and was threatened by Cobragate with bad consequences not only for her but for her family in India when she told her she couldn't continue like this any more and begged for a ticket back to India. 

Being a servant in someone's house for months together is not an easy job. I personally know of 2-3 cases in India where village people who were employed as maids/servant in the city fled back to their villages after just a few days/months. And there was no ill treatment or anything - these people were homesick, felt like a fish out of water in the city and escaped back to familiar surroundings. They were a mere 4 hour bus ride away from their village but still felt so homesick and compelled to flee. Imagine the amount of homesickness that maid must have felt living in a different country and away from her family.

If she was overworked, she wouldn't want to work 2nd job on weekends, would she?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:17 pm

nevada wrote:

Your entire response is based on the "May be" in your first line.

OTOH, I cited reasons for my strong suspicion why the maid could be a crook (trying to outsmart her crooked Master.).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down