Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

facebook

5 posters

Go down

facebook Empty facebook

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:36 am

with google+ already amassing 10 million ppl in BETA mode itself, is this the beginning of the end for facebook's crazy 100 billion valuation? facebook valuation has all the craziness of the internet crap from the late 90s - calculating clicks per page and then assigning a valuation. when they decide to go public the company has a duty to shareholders to NOT misrepresent the number of users it actually has, and I bet it'll be lower than the 750million they're currently leaking. would be very interesting to see if IPO price will be lowered, in the coming months.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

facebook Empty Re: facebook

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:57 am

ask Sasthi to buy ..it will be automatically lowered.

no need for all this analysis.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:02 am

sasthi has ditched her abusive husband and eloped with suicidey and was last seen shopping for coconuts at taj grocers so joblessfella can hurl them at dravidian thul-thul rekz-like aunties at wallmart. she no buy facebook, facemask anymore.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:04 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:sasthi has ditched her abusive husband and eloped with suicidey and was last seen shopping for coconuts at taj grocers so joblessfella can hurl them at dravidian thul-thul rekz-like aunties at wallmart. she no buy facebook, facemask anymore.

lol! lol! I would watch this if it were serialized.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:48 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:with google+ already amassing 10 million ppl in BETA mode itself, is this the beginning of the end for facebook's crazy 100 billion valuation? facebook valuation has all the craziness of the internet crap from the late 90s - calculating clicks per page and then assigning a valuation. when they decide to go public the company has a duty to shareholders to NOT misrepresent the number of users it actually has, and I bet it'll be lower than the 750million they're currently leaking. would be very interesting to see if IPO price will be lowered, in the coming months.

I bet this has put an abrupt brake on the FB bubble from blowing up any more. What's amazing is the speed at which this happened. Zuckerberg might yet live to regret not going IPO earlier. The longer he waits for IPO, the lower the price will be.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:52 pm

SomeProfile wrote:Zuckerberg might yet live to regret not going IPO earlier. The longer he waits for IPO, the lower the price will be.
I agree. I have always disliked Facebook. But I am now seeing more and more people talk about how they have stopped using it. A year ago it was still cool to talk about how you used Facebook to do this or that. Now it is cool to talk about how you don't use Facebook much. This doesn't bode well for that insanely high valuation.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:57 pm

charvaka wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:Zuckerberg might yet live to regret not going IPO earlier. The longer he waits for IPO, the lower the price will be.
I agree. I have always disliked Facebook. But I am now seeing more and more people talk about how they have stopped using it. A year ago it was still cool to talk about how you used Facebook to do this or that. Now it is cool to talk about how you don't use Facebook much. This doesn't bode well for that insanely high valuation.

Websites are inanimate; users make it otherwise. I've never created a facebook profile. Can't put my finger on it - there just was something about it that just made me balk...

Or maybe, non-facebook users/g+ adopters amongst us were so ahead of the curve, that we circled it - to tap on its shoulder again... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:05 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:with google+ already amassing 10 million ppl in BETA mode itself, is this the beginning of the end for facebook's crazy 100 billion valuation? facebook valuation has all the craziness of the internet crap from the late 90s - calculating clicks per page and then assigning a valuation. when they decide to go public the company has a duty to shareholders to NOT misrepresent the number of users it actually has, and I bet it'll be lower than the 750million they're currently leaking. would be very interesting to see if IPO price will be lowered, in the coming months.

$100 bn valuation is pure, unadulterated, 24-carat bullspit. they will have to lower their IPO price and as someone else on this thread said, more delays will mean even lesser price.

i saw g+ demo and it seems like a product i will use. facebook was always cluttered for my taste. g+ seems to be cultter-free.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:42 am

I agree. facebook is like something microsoft would have designed.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down