Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H-M synthesis:Enlightened muslims admire Bhagawad Gita

Go down

H-M synthesis:Enlightened muslims admire Bhagawad Gita Empty H-M synthesis:Enlightened muslims admire Bhagawad Gita

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:27 am

Bint Zehra Rizvi, a devout scholarly lady translated the Bhagavad-Gita into Urdu language. Zehera Rizvi is a Muslim woman, 66 years old and a Professor of Hindi from Allahabad. She has done Masters in Sanskrit and Hindi. At the age of 19, Zehera Rizvi came across the Gita and felt that one’s life is incomplete if one does not read this heightened philosophy of life. Busy in her teaching profession and the NCC (National Cadet Corps), Zehera managed her time very critically and completed this Urdu rendering of Sanskrit Gita in some 12 years. Now the book has been published in 325 pages. As reported in the media, Zehera Rizvi failed to get any help from the Uttar Pradesh stalwarts like Mulayam Singh Yadav or Mayavati. It is said that the office of the Prime Minister of India and the H. R. D. Ministry only appreciated the work by Zehera on the Gita. She printed the book with her own finance getting no help from any quarter. She was rewarded as a best Professor in 2000 by the President of India. She expressed her utter happiness of life through practicing the Philosophy and Life-style of Indian tradition enshrined in the Gita. She categorically said that the Gita exhorts the national integration, Peace and harmony in every life in a very exclusive way and teaches the practice of own religion rationally and scientifically.

Mustafa Bulent Ecevit, the four-times Turkish Prime Minister, was asked what had given him the courage to send Turkish troops to Cyprus. He answered that he was fortified by the Bhagavad Gita, which taught that if one were morally right, one need not hesitate to fight injustice. Ecevit first learnt Sanskrit at the Ankara University. Later his love for poetry and philosophy led him to Rabindranath Tagore. He learnt Sanskrit to appreciate and later translate Tagore’s writings, including some poems from the Gitanjali. After the 1971 military crackdown by the left, the Upanishads, the Gita, and the Geetanjali were banned in Turkey.

http://www.indiatribune.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1496:enlightened-muslims-admire-bhagavad-gita-&catid=99:column&Itemid=462

Back to top Go down

H-M synthesis:Enlightened muslims admire Bhagawad Gita Empty Re: H-M synthesis:Enlightened muslims admire Bhagawad Gita

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:26 am

I was so overjoyed by this news, I went out to my fave restaurant after a long time and celebrated with a crab soup, rawas fry (Kerala style) and mutton aajadina with neer dosa. Hurray for H&M synthesis. May the Nizam's reading habit shine its benevolent glow on humanity.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

H-M synthesis:Enlightened muslims admire Bhagawad Gita Empty Re: H-M synthesis:Enlightened muslims admire Bhagawad Gita

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:30 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:I was so overjoyed by this news, I went out to my fave restaurant after a long time and celebrated with a crab soup, rawas fry (Kerala style) and mutton aajadina with neer dosa. Hurray for H&M synthesis. May the Nizam's reading habit shine its benevolent glow on humanity.

I am overjoyed to see your enthusiasm and exhiliration for H-M synthesis. Finally there is another H-M synthetic on this board. My efforts have not been in vain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:06 am

Oh I've always been a fan of every kind of synthesis. Syn-thesis is wicked good. My motto: Make synthesis, not war.

PS: Synthesizer. Not synthetic.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:23 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Oh I've always been a fan of every kind of synthesis. Syn-thesis is wicked good. My motto: Make synthesis, not war.

too much synthesis, I mean synthetic can make one sore.  pale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:30 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Oh I've always been a fan of every kind of synthesis. Syn-thesis is wicked good. My motto: Make synthesis, not war.

Or Synthecist. The word synthetic automatically came to mind since the great intellectual Vakavaka once lambasted, unfairly I thought, 'Baburites, Akbarites, and H-M synthetics'. Vakavaka had also denounced the 'camel culture' and the 'afghan and the donkey Bedouin' while also criticizing what he deemed the modern day Hiranyakashyaps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down