Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sidhartha Varadarajan on whether Bhagawad Gita can be taught in schools

3 posters

Go down

Sidhartha Varadarajan on whether Bhagawad Gita can be taught in schools Empty Sidhartha Varadarajan on whether Bhagawad Gita can be taught in schools

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:36 pm

Siddharth Goyal ‏@sidgoyal1 Sep 5
Dear @svaradarajan Since you believe that the Bhagwat Gita is one of the world's greatest text, do u support it being taught in schools?

----
SiddharthVerified account
‏@svaradarajan
.@sidgoyal1 I have no problem provided it is taught as philosophical text and not scripture & students get to debate, critique its contents

Back to top Go down

Sidhartha Varadarajan on whether Bhagawad Gita can be taught in schools Empty Re: Sidhartha Varadarajan on whether Bhagawad Gita can be taught in schools

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:45 pm

Looks like he is awkwardly trying to fit into the current group of journalists. Ketkar is still confused and farting here and there.  UP's Bhushan is still milking the Gandui family for supporting their idiotic policies. If they don't change their sikular mindset, they will be thrown into the garbage bin.

Did Varadarajan get a job yet?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Sidhartha Varadarajan on whether Bhagawad Gita can be taught in schools Empty Re: Sidhartha Varadarajan on whether Bhagawad Gita can be taught in schools

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:49 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Looks like he is awkwardly trying to fit into the current group of journalists. Ketkar is still confused and farting here and there.  UP's Bhushan is still milking the Gandui family for supporting their idiotic policies. If they don't change their sikular mindset, they will be thrown into the garbage bin.

Did Varadarajan get a job yet?

He is a Senior Fellow at the Center for Public Affairs and Critical Theory, Shiv Nadar University.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:51 pm

Vakavaka, which Bhushan are you talking about? Prashant Bhushan is anti-BJP and anti-Congress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:52 pm

Bharat Bhushan!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:58 pm

Rashmun wrote:Siddharth Goyal ‏@sidgoyal1 Sep 5
Dear @svaradarajan Since you believe that the Bhagwat Gita is one of the world's greatest text, do u support it being taught in schools?

----
‏@svaradarajan
.@sidgoyal1 I have no problem provided it is taught as philosophical text and not scripture & students get to debate, critique its contents

i support siddarth's position.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:41 pm

----
‏@svaradarajan

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:42 pm

----
‏@svaradarajan

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:50 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Siddharth Goyal ‏@sidgoyal1  Sep 5

----
‏@svaradarajan

Since you said it three times, I assume you also want Koran to be taught.

I am all for it and Bible IF the schools will allow free discussion and criticize, dissect all the three non-violent and violent philosophies.

Now, that will be TRUE secularism... But, I bet this will not be acceptable to the Islamis and wanna-be-iSlamis

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:26 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Siddharth Goyal ‏@sidgoyal1  Sep 5

----
‏@svaradarajan

Since you said it three times, I assume you also want Koran to be taught.

I am all for it and Bible IF the schools will allow free discussion and criticize, dissect all the three non-violent and violent philosophies.

Now, that will be TRUE secularism... But, I bet this will not be acceptable to the Islamis and wanna-be-iSlamis

I am sure sikularists won't support your "communal" proposal.

Very Happy

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:54 pm

it is amazing that India does not use its historical advantages.

Yoga was set aside because Nehru was afraid of secular confusion. West taught us the utility of yoga. Similarly knowledge hidden in Ayurveda remained unused for 4 to 5 decades after independence.  It was handed over to traditional families and quacks. 

How about  unani dawa (Unani medicine). I have zero knowledge about this method. But if there is some real science and utility in this method, it should be encouraged. It is probably less expensive than western medicine. 

In the last 20 years, there are some efforts to create institutes of various forgotten historical methods. I am aware of Ayurveda college, Unani hospital and Nature hospital in Hyderabad. In most cases these methods are less expensive, easy to implement, and environmentally friendly.

It is foolish to reject knowledge hidden in old methods just because they were associated with one religion or other.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:51 pm

truthbetold wrote:it is amazing that India does not use its historical advantages.

Yoga was set aside because Nehru was afraid of secular confusion. West taught us the utility of yoga. Similarly knowledge hidden in Ayurveda remained unused for 4 to 5 decades after independence.  It was handed over to traditional families and quacks. 

How about  unani dawa (Unani medicine). I have zero knowledge about this method. But if there is some real science and utility in this method, it should be encouraged. It is probably less expensive than western medicine. 

In the last 20 years, there are some efforts to create institutes of various forgotten historical methods. I am aware of Ayurveda college, Unani hospital and Nature hospital in Hyderabad. In most cases these methods are less expensive, easy to implement, and environmentally friendly.

It is foolish to reject knowledge hidden in old methods just because they were associated with one religion or other.

Sidhartha Varadarajan on whether Bhagawad Gita can be taught in schools 2124843452_50028ee4c5_z

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down