Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

opinion - jerk?

+2
Rishi
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
6 posters

Go down

opinion - jerk? Empty opinion - jerk?

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:22 pm

You are a woman out on drinks with someone. You are about to finish your second cosmo. He has less than half wine left in his glass (his first with you, but he has admitted that he had been ODing on wine that day). There is the last Spinach Florentine flatbread left on the plate, and neither one of you want to take it coz maybe you both are feeling too formal about it.

You are feeling a bit buzzed so you ask the bartender for water. He asks for it too. Then you chat more. You are having a nice time chatting, not even thinking about anything else while enjoying your mild buzz.

Then he signals to the bartender. You think he is also asking for a refill. But he asks for the check. What?

Shouldn't he ask you first if you wanted anything more? Is he a jerk or someone authoritative? Does he know only to think about himself, or can he correctly decide that ordering you a third drink would be a bad idea?

If this happens, what would you do? Say, 'oh are we done?', then gulp the rest of the cosmo and get out with him? Or feel offended and never talk to him again?

Back to top Go down

opinion - jerk? Empty Re: opinion - jerk?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:27 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:You are a woman out on drinks with someone. You are about to finish your second cosmo. He has less than half wine left in his glass (his first with you, but he has admitted that he had been ODing on wine that day). There is the last Spinach Florentine flatbread left on the plate, and neither one of you want to take it coz maybe you both are feeling too formal about it.

You are feeling a bit buzzed so you ask the bartender for water. He asks for it too. Then you chat more. You are having a nice time chatting, not even thinking about anything else while enjoying your mild buzz.

Then he signals to the bartender. You think he is also asking for a refill. But he asks for the check. What?

Shouldn't he ask you first if you wanted anything more? Is he a jerk or someone authoritative? Does he know only to think about himself, or can he correctly decide that ordering you a third drink would be a bad idea?

If this happens, what would you do? Say, 'oh are we done?', then gulp the rest of the cosmo and get out with him? Or feel offended and never talk to him again?

You women are so so picky and formal. Something you did or said must have given himi the idea that you are both done. At least, assume that way and forget about it. Ask him out again if you had a good time and want to move on to the "next level"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:39 pm

Analyzing.....and analyzing more...

Need more time to come up with my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:40 pm

arre, there is something called courtesy. Could have asked, 'you want anything?' or 'when do you need to get out?', or could ATLEAST ask, 'wanna leave?' before signaling the bartender; especially when you are a rational and agreeable kinda woman in general.

Last edited by Tracy Whitney on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:43 pm

Tracy

There are better places to find decent men than bars.

A typical man thinks a woman who drinks and frequents bars is promiscuous.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:46 pm

Rishi wrote:Tracy

She didn't say she met him at the bar. Right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:48 pm

Kinnera wrote:

I didn't say it was *me* lol.. but if wanna set a venue, think any american restaurant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:51 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

I didn't say it was *me* lol.. but if wanna set a venue, think any american restaurant.
k....got it. Still analyzing...

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:52 pm

Kinnera wrote:

>>> I did not say it was her.

Read my post carefully. It was a general statement.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:54 pm

i'd give him benefit of doubt and think he has poor social skills. if i was enjoying chatting with him, i'll tell him that and say sth like i really enjoyed talkin to you. we should do this again or sth like wish we could hangout a little longer.

too little info to label him a jerk.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:09 pm

seven wrote:i'd give him benefit of doubt and think he has poor social skills. if i was enjoying chatting with him, i'll tell him that and say sth like i really enjoyed talkin to you. we should do this again or sth like wish we could hangout a little longer.

hmm, has poor social skills, is not a jerk. Would you want him to tune it a bit if you are planning to meet more, or take him as he is?

Last edited by Tracy Whitney on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:10 pm

Rishi wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

>>> I did not say it was her.

Read my post carefully. It was a general statement.

Got it! got it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:22 pm

would you meet someone in one?

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:21 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
seven wrote:i'd give him benefit of doubt and think he has poor social skills. if i was enjoying chatting with him, i'll tell him that and say sth like i really enjoyed talkin to you. we should do this again or sth like wish we could hangout a little longer.

hmm, has poor social skills, is not a jerk. Would you want him to tune it a bit if you are planning to meet more, or take him as he is?
Well that depends on a lot of other things. If he's fun to be with n I like other things about him, this isn't a deal breaker for me. 
When we become good friends, maybe I'll tell the bar tender to hold the check n tell him to stay longer.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:35 pm

seven wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

Well that depends on a lot of other things. If he's fun to be with n I like other things about him, this isn't a deal breaker for me. 
When we become good friends, maybe I'll tell the bar tender to hold the check n tell him to stay longer.

Ya, let's hope for this woman's sake that he only cuts short a drinks event, and is not a dominating person in general who would progress to order for you, decide what food you both should eat and what movie you both should watch, tell you what you need to do with your own time, and how to manage doing things he wants you to do, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:26 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:You are a woman out on drinks with someone. You are about to finish your second cosmo. He has less than half wine left in his glass (his first with you, but he has admitted that he had been ODing on wine that day). There is the last Spinach Florentine flatbread left on the plate, and neither one of you want to take it coz maybe you both are feeling too formal about it.

Shouldn't he ask you first if you wanted anything more? Is he a jerk or someone authoritativte? Does he know only to think about himself, or can he correctly decide that ordering you a third drink would be a bad idea?

>>> There is not enough data here. Was he a Dikshitar? If so, were you in the bar area when you ordered the mojito and if so, was the order placed in Sanskrit? The answers to the above questions will determine the guilt or innocence of the relevant parties. Thanks.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:58 pm

Kris wrote:

Shouldn't he ask you first if you wanted anything more? Is he a jerk or someone authoritativte? Does he know only to think about himself, or can he correctly decide that ordering you a third drink would be a bad idea?

>>> There is not enough data here. Was he a Dikshitar? If so, were you in the bar area when you ordered the mojito and if so, was the order placed in Sanskrit? The answers to the above questions will determine the guilt or innocence of the relevant parties. Thanks.

is it too late in the game to ask what does a dikshitar mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:03 am

Never too late..it is who is not a bullshitar

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:06 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Kris wrote:

>>>Hmmm yes, but given your 'special child' status I will oblige.Smile Dikshitars are Madhuri Dixit's cousins who got tired of being hounded for autographs and frankly, were freaked out by an x in their surname..hence, the twist in the spelling.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:12 am

so ok.. the marathi migrant temple pundits who chant in sanskrit in TN.

I did try to follow the other thread. Looks like I will need to learn sanskrit to have my prayers answered. Someone should have advised me this like 8 years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:21 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Kris wrote:

opinion - jerk? Dikshitar
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:27 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:so ok.. the marathi migrant temple pundits who chant in sanskrit in TN.

I did try to follow the other thread. Looks like I will need to learn sanskrit to have my prayers answered. Someone should have advised me this like 8 years ago.
>>> On a serious note, there are different theories as to their origins, and I did learn something from the other thread. Apparently, there are specific temple protocols on prayers at temples by the priests. So, the insistence on Sanskrit is not just some political gimmick. That's the extent of my understanding, but my idea of spirituality involves people sorting these things out by themselves as to what (and if it) works for them.
Ok, that makes my head hurt. I must repair to the den now for a bit to see what 'spirits' I may chance upon there.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down