Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What doesn't work for the veshti wearing potential PM candidate

+3
confuzzled dude
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Merlot Daruwala
7 posters

Go down

What doesn't work for the veshti wearing potential PM candidate Empty What doesn't work for the veshti wearing potential PM candidate

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:04 pm

http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?284107 wrote:Un-PC

What doesn’t
(even if UPA pulls off a third win)

• Unknown in Hindi-speaking ‘Bharat’; MPs see him as “snooty, impatient, argumentative, dismissive”
  • Flourishing legal career has potential for conflict of interest; hauled over coals in 2G scam before SC clean chit
  • Operation against Naxals may not have left 10, Janpath happy; killing of 76 CRPF jawans blamed on bad handling
  • Friendless in Congress; his own 2009 poll ‘win’ by 3,354 votes from Sivaganga has been challenged in court
  • DMK won’t let him steal thunder in home state Tamil Nadu; tough stand on ‘Hindutva terror’ is red rag to BJP
  • Telangana crisis, which might cost Congress dear, laid squarely at his ‘clueless’ midnight announcement in 2008
  • Son Karti features in WikiLeaks admitting to giving “a few sops” to villagers; also under scrutiny in Aircel-Maxis deal
  • Seen by “loyal” Congressmen as overambitious; North Block ‘bugging’ episode, rift with Pranab

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

What doesn't work for the veshti wearing potential PM candidate Empty Re: What doesn't work for the veshti wearing potential PM candidate

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:01 am

better snooty and arrogant than dumb and clueless.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

What doesn't work for the veshti wearing potential PM candidate Empty Re: What doesn't work for the veshti wearing potential PM candidate

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:56 am

I'm all for Chidu but I recognize that nobody in the Congress (or for that matter, any other party) will accept him.

In any event, the Gandhis are digging their heels in. So it's game over as far as the Congress is concerned.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:33 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:I'm all for Chidu but I recognize that nobody in the Congress (or for that matter, any other party) will accept him.

In any event, the Gandhis are digging their heels in. So it's game over as far as the Congress is concerned.

do you believe the polls about the BJP that TBT has been tirelessly hawking here?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:10 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:I'm all for Chidu but I recognize that nobody in the Congress (or for that matter, any other party) will accept him.

do you believe the polls about the BJP that TBT has been tirelessly hawking here?

The consensus is that the BJP will land around 200 seats, leaving it short of 70 odd seats for a simple majority. Unless the coalition dynamic changes in the next five months, I see chaos ahead.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:57 am

Chidambaram is a different sort of CONartist. His kind of corruption is more dangerous. He is also a divisive figure. He is awkward when he peddles the interests of the dynasty. The average CONmen dislike him (may be not as much as they dislike Modi).

If CONwoman projects him as the PM candidate, her party may not even get enough MPs to be the official opposition in the next parliament.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:36 am

I think India at this stage can do better without these Harvard, Cambridge graduated elites. It needs someone who can connect with the common man.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:38 am

confuzzled dude wrote:I think India at this stage can do better without these Harvard, Cambridge graduated elites. It needs someone who can connect with the common man.

Hmm. Who could that be? Oh right! The scion of a political dynasty.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:41 am

confuzzled dude wrote:I think India at this stage can do better without these Harvard, Cambridge graduated elites. It needs someone who can connect with the common man.

remember dubya?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:13 pm

Cd was talking about the other dynasty son jagan .

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:28 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

jagan in andhra and pappu gandhi in the center. that's what the wapo doctor orders for india

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:36 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
He too got a degree from Cambridge, right? again, if he was power hungry he would've been PM by now, all he had to do was throw a tantrum.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:38 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
He too got a degree from Cambridge, right? again, if he was power hungry he would've been PM by now, all he had to do was throw a tantrum.

Brilliantly said!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:43 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
The consensus is that the BJP will land around 200 seats, leaving it short of 70 odd seats for a simple majority. Unless the coalition dynamic changes in the next five months, I see chaos ahead.
Is that because of NaMo or in spite of NaMo; if it is because of him then they better look for an alternative

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:49 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Brilliantly said!
Isn't that how Indian politics at the center work or worked? be it is Congress or good old Janata party. Do you have any comments or views of your own, other than sitting on the fence & criticizing others?!

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:52 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Brilliantly said!
Isn't that how Indian politics at the center work or worked? be it is Congress or good old Janata party. Do you have any comments or views of your own, other than sitting on the fence & criticizing others?!

I am? What am I sitting on the fence about?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down