Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

edit post feature

2 posters

Go down

edit post feature Empty edit post feature

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 3:41 am

i think the "edit" feature in posts should have a time limit (of say 12/24 hours) after which one should not be able to edit one's post.

Back to top Go down

edit post feature Empty Re: edit post feature

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 3:41 am

shorter the time limit, the better it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 03, 2011 3:44 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i think the "edit" feature in posts should have a time limit (of say 12/24 hours) after which one should not be able to edit one's post.
I thought it was set to 12 hours by default. The idea is that you can edit your post for errors, but you shouldn't be making wholesale deletions, etc. to "revise history." Let me look into that.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://such.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue May 03, 2011 3:46 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i think the "edit" feature in posts should have a time limit (of say 12/24 hours) after which one should not be able to edit one's post.

+1

one shouldn't be able to edit his posts after a few minutes. this forum is near-perfect. it has all the things CH had to offer except a page with the list of all posts in a chronological fashion.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 03, 2011 3:49 am

Another Brick wrote:

+1

one shouldn't be able to edit his posts after a few minutes. this forum is near-perfect. it has all the things CH had to offer except a page with the list of all posts in a chronological fashion.
All right, the edit window has been set to 10 minutes after you post. If you notice a typo or other error you want to fix, you can still do that. After that, it's part of the permanent record of CH.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://such.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 3:52 am

10 mins is perfect. you only want to edit it the first time you read it after you post (from grammar, sp. typos). any other edit you make after that is a change of content. i myself made a change of content in the "sublime" thread and felt guilty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down