Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

not able to feel my legs

+6
Kris
MaxEntropy_Man
b_A
Hellsangel
southindian
Impedimenta
10 posters

Go down

not able to feel my legs Empty not able to feel my legs

Post by Impedimenta Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:30 pm

...anymore :-) aiyooo...brutal practice sessions! two hours this morning and two more in the evening, all because my voclist had a fam emergency and sent a substitute.

I am so tired that i can't sleep :-( can anyone relate to this? Anyways, all this effort better pay off. I want three concerts next season:-)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

not able to feel my legs Empty Re: not able to feel my legs

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:35 pm

Impedimenta wrote:...anymore :-) aiyooo...brutal practice sessions! two hours this morning and two more in the evening, all because my voclist had a fam emergency and sent a substitute.

I am so tired that i can't sleep :-( can anyone relate to this? Anyways, all this effort better pay off. I want three concerts next season:-)

Next time include me in your dance support team as the official Physio/Masseuse.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:50 pm

Can someone else feel your legs?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:...anymore :-) aiyooo...brutal practice sessions! two hours this morning and two more in the evening, all because my voclist had a fam emergency and sent a substitute.

Next time include me in your dance support team as the official Physio/Masseuse.

Are you sure about that? Your friend, Mr. Drinkman will have a field day with this.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:23 pm

Come on now. It can't be that bad when you are listening only vazhgaa tamizh songs for two hours.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:48 pm

b_A wrote:

Come on now. It can't be that bad when you are  listening only vazhgaa tamizh songs for two hours.
Sir/Madam b_A, tell that to my legs:-) also, i am not really hung up on thamizh songs. I just dance. my teacher decides the items, mostly and she usually has a mix of sanskrit, telugu and thamizh. WE did a bhajan in hindi last week for a lec dem. so,ya.  it just happened that the change gave me an opportunity to work with some rare compositions, all in thamizh. that's all.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:52 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
b_A wrote:

Come on now. It can't be that bad when you are  listening only vazhgaa tamizh songs for two hours.
Sir/Madam b_A, tell that to my legs:-) also, i am not really hung up on thamizh songs. I just dance. my teacher decides the items, mostly and she usually has a mix of sanskrit, telugu and thamizh. WE did a bhajan in hindi last week for a lec dem. so,ya.  it just happened that the change gave me an opportunity to work with some rare compositions, all in thamizh. that's all.

What is a lec dem?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:13 pm

lecture demonstration.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:18 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:lecture demonstration.

thanks Max.

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:29 pm

do you run? middle to long distance runs especially some hill-runs can help build endurance in legs.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:34 pm

bw wrote:

do you run? middle to long distance runs especially some hill-runs can help build endurance in legs.

How is the practice for the 10k coming along?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:50 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
bw wrote:

How is the practice for the 10k coming along?

it is going quite well this time - no injuries and i am already hitting my target time. hope the trend continues till the race day. *fingers crossed*

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:06 pm

>>>Impy, take up drinking instead. At least you can pass out Smile.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Silly Point Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:39 pm

I just got tired reading all that!! *sigh* I am getting old *weep*

Silly Point

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:50 am

SP - don't feel old. for the most part here, people are show offerans, me leading the pack :-) you should see the definition for "hot" here  Exclamation  

Kris - LOL! best suggestion. 10 downing, here i come.

BW - i stopped running since i started taking up yoga :-( now, i pay the price in terms of endurance. Good luck with your prep! nail it.

overall, my knee has healed well. i am very happy for it. I am sure that before next week, i'll build my stamina  Very Happy  i am very close. about an hour and 20 mins, i am able to dance without panting. 40 more mins to go.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:04 am

Impedimenta wrote:SP - don't feel old. for the most part here, people are show offerans, me leading the pack :-) you should see the definition for "hot" here  Exclamation  

what is the definition of "hot" here?

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Silly Point Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:25 am

yeah I am curious as well Smile

Silly Point

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:35 am

All the best Imps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:42 am

All the best Imps. I am assuming you have slimmed down a lot, so it should be good on your knees now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:10 am

Don't over-exert yourself. Some people are thought to have ended up losing their muscles and muscular use permanently because of too much physical strain.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:18 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Don't over-exert yourself. Some people are thought to have ended up losing their muscles and muscular use permanently because of too much physical strain.

really????? Hearing it for the first time.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:38 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:

really?????  Hearing it for the first time.

Consider it a timely warning.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:49 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

dunno Seva. I seem to have better results with my knees once I made the muscles around it stronger. And that doesn't happen unless you work them out. What is 'too much' strain in your definition?

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:09 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

dunno Seva. I seem to have better results with my knees once I made the muscles around it stronger. And that doesn't happen unless you work them out. What is 'too much' strain in your definition?

Tracey, muscles need to be exercised and strengthened slowly, steadily and in moderation, and not by excessively exerting and fatiguing them over a short duration.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down