Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Republican guy is really stupid

Go down

This Republican guy is really stupid Empty This Republican guy is really stupid

Post by Rishi Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:35 pm

A nearly identical law has already been voted down in the Dem-controlled Colorado state House of Representatives and is certain to fail in the state Senate, which is also controlled by Democrats. But the state Senate held a hearing on Herpin’s bill all the same.

It was during this hearing that Herpin made his unfortunate remarks in response to a question from a Democratic senator on the committee.

“My understanding is that James Holmes bought his 100-round capacity magazine legally,” said Sen. Irene Aguilar. “So, in fact, this law would have stopped James Holmes from purchasing a 100-round magazine. I was wondering if you agree with me.”

“Perhaps James Holmes would not have been able to purchase a 100-round magazine,” Herpin responded. “As it turned out, that was maybe a good thing that he had a 100-round magazine, because it jammed. If he had four, five, six 15-round magazines, there’s no telling how much damage he could have done until a good guy with a gun showed up.”

http://www.salon.com/2014/02/13/gop_state_senator_in_colorado_says_it_was_a_good_thing_that_aurora_killer_james_holmes_had_100_round_magazine/

Rishi

Back to top Go down