Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop being the stupid party: Bobby Jindal to Republican party

+6
Maria S
Hellsangel
Propagandhi711
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
nevada
Idéfix
10 posters

Go down

Stop being the stupid party: Bobby Jindal to Republican party Empty Stop being the stupid party: Bobby Jindal to Republican party

Post by Idéfix Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:58 am

Bobby Jindal probably didn't mean to do this, but he just became the most prominent GOP leader to acknowledge the fact that the GOP has become "the stupid party." His advice is good; the GOP should stop being the stupid party. He is also right that the GOP should stop being "the party of big business, big banks, big Wall Street bailouts, big corporate loopholes... that simply protects the rich so they get to keep their toys." And he seems to view the Volcker rule favorably.

Bobby 2016!

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83743.html?hp=f3

Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Stop being the stupid party: Bobby Jindal to Republican party Empty Re: Stop being the stupid party: Bobby Jindal to Republican party

Post by nevada Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:26 pm

It wasn't too long ago that Karl Rove was hailed as the genius who roused "conservatives" to go out in full force and vote. Stupid was the way to go and the only way to win back then. Democrats were considered to be out of touch with the average idiot aka average Joe. At-least, that was the general perception. It looks like the demographics have changed too much now rendering stupidity a stupid strategy.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Stop being the stupid party: Bobby Jindal to Republican party Empty Re: Stop being the stupid party: Bobby Jindal to Republican party

Post by Idéfix Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:10 pm

Karl Rove's big genius move was putting gay marriage bans on the ballot. Today that has been done to the death, and the only places where it can still go up on the ballot are places where support for same-sex marriage is at the same level as, or stronger than, opposition to same-sex marriage.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:40 pm

panini press wrote:Bobby Jindal probably didn't mean to do this, but he just became the most prominent GOP leader to acknowledge the fact that the GOP has become "the stupid party." His advice is good; the GOP should stop being the stupid party. He is also right that the GOP should stop being "the party of big business, big banks, big Wall Street bailouts, big corporate loopholes... that simply protects the rich so they get to keep their toys." And he seems to view the Volcker rule favorably.

Bobby 2016!

I think he made a VERY smart move....Clear that he had 2016 on his mind and setting out to move away from the right wingers - who already count him as one of their own - and establish his own combo of supporters. It should look genuine and well thought out, and hence, starting his game this early on.

Smart punju fella.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
panini press wrote:Bobby Jindal probably didn't mean to do this, but he just became the most prominent GOP leader to acknowledge the fact that the GOP has become "the stupid party." His advice is good; the GOP should stop being the stupid party. He is also right that the GOP should stop being "the party of big business, big banks, big Wall Street bailouts, big corporate loopholes... that simply protects the rich so they get to keep their toys." And he seems to view the Volcker rule favorably.

Bobby 2016!

I think he made a VERY smart move....Clear that he had 2016 on his mind and setting out to move away from the right wingers - who already count him as one of their own - and establish his own combo of supporters. It should look genuine and well thought out, and hence, starting his game this early on.

Smart punju fella.

dead wrong analysis as usual, based on totally wrong assumptions - conservatives DONT see him electable nor do they think they need to change their message. this guy's highly unelectable - he doesnt have a core base of evangelicals, nor a voting block of blacks that he needs to overcome his other uhh, deficiencies. he can hope to be a veep candidate at best

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:47 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

Bobby 2016!

Smart punju fella.

dead wrong analysis as usual, based on totally wrong assumptions - conservatives DONT see him electable nor do they think they need to change their message. this guy's highly unelectable - he doesnt have a core base of evangelicals, nor a voting block of blacks that he needs to overcome his other uhh, deficiencies. he can hope to be a veep candidate at best

Baba ji:

Do you know the conservatives, I know them, I live with them, I live in KANSAS.

My instinct >> all your analysis combined.

P.S. Bookmark this post.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:49 pm

Your Holiness, when it comes to the Conservatives, is KS >> TX?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:05 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:conservatives DONT see him electable nor do they think they need to change their message. this guy's highly unelectable - he doesnt have a core base of evangelicals, nor a voting block of blacks that he needs to overcome his other uhh, deficiencies. he can hope to be a veep candidate at best

I think so too.

When it comes to the Presidential election- Race will trump Religion..*both Whites and Blacks will vote for a White or a Black Candidate before they vote for an Asian- the same applies to a Hispanic candidate, imo. And for a win- you need both the W & B voting blocks.

For any candidate..Charisma is mandatory and Inspiration is an asset- and Bobby lacks both..he could or a hispanic like Rubio could be a VP pick.

*At this time..the only person I will bet on to win in 2016..if she decides- is Hillary.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:50 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

Bobby 2016!

Smart punju fella.

Baba ji:

P.S. Bookmark this post.

you're like those palm reader guy/gypsy futurists that make general predictions and then take credit when they happen.

PS: am still waiting for the D word you predicted gleefully in recent times.

I'm still laughing at your comment abt conservatives now seeing jindal as "one of them". you think calling out the base builders of repub party i.e conservative talk radio, faux news as panderers is gonna somehow endear him to a broader base?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:58 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Bobby 2016!

Smart punju fella.

Baba ji:

P.S. Bookmark this post.

you're like those palm reader guy/gypsy futurists that make general predictions and then take credit when they happen.

PS: am still waiting for the D word you predicted gleefully in recent times.

I'm still laughing at your comment abt conservatives now seeing jindal as "one of them". you think calling out the base builders of repub party i.e conservative talk radio, faux news as panderers is gonna somehow endear him to a broader base?

this just in: rick perry wants to secede from mexico.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:30 pm

Bobby 2016!

maybe if he gets a six-pack and a sartorial makeover and stops looking like a type I diabetic.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:21 am

Bobby 2016!

>>>>Wonder if Jindal is trying to position himself as the guy who steered the party to a "winning" profile. The timing right after the elections makes it look it look like a tactical move to capitalize on the epiphany the party (he hopes) is having. Too early Bobby, too early...and there may not be a collective epiphany after all.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:54 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

...Wink I can't agree more. I always wondered about their business acumen.

Anyway, KS is ANYDAY more conservative than Texas. EVERYONE takes KS for granted and no one even cares to campaign in Kansas. it is only on rarest of rarest occasions that a Democrat wins in KS at any level.

The big loss in banks, bank bailouts, bankruptcies, huge unemployment housing troubles, etc..etc... are not depression what is. Oh...the wall street Looters should certify that the economy is in depression? The corrupt Wall Street bastids have no credibility and will never tell the truth bcz they will lose their billions.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:27 pm

Bobby 2016!

He is taking abig political risk coming from Louisiana.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:16 pm

From Buzzfeed (just a delightful site..def. cheers me up, can never leave the site without smiling:)

Hope Ms. H considers it..for all the superficial reasons and serious reasons. She personifies loyalty- which is so rare, just admire her!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/totally-superficial-reasons-why-hillary-clinton-sh
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Hahaha, this is funny. I do hope she runs.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:06 am

let's not get too carried away.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/guest-voices/post/the-stupid-party/2012/11/15/fead52f0-2f52-11e2-9f50-0308e1e75445_blog.html?hpid=z11
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down