Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian constitution

2 posters

Go down

Indian constitution Empty Indian constitution

Post by Rishi Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:09 pm

Arnab Goswami says that he studied in his 4th grade the directive principles stated in the Indian constitution.

Only after coming to America, I came to know that there is something called constitution.

Btw I saw a Tamil movie directed by K. Balachander. There is a scene in which the hero of the movie, a rural cop stops the heroine who was riding a bicycle with her friend sitting at the back. She protests. And the cop who barely speaks English screams "Constipation!"

Apparently, the director cum script writer K. Balachander was alluding to constitution. But I wonder how many really got that. I bet not even the law college students in TN.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Indian constitution Empty Re: Indian constitution

Post by Kris Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:30 pm

Rishi wrote:Arnab Goswami says that he studied in his 4th grade the directive principles stated in the Indian constitution.

Only after coming to America, I came to know that there is something called constitution.

Btw I saw a Tamil movie directed by K. Balachander. There is a scene in which the hero of the movie, a rural cop stops the heroine who was riding a bicycle with her friend sitting at the back. She protests. And the cop who barely speaks English screams "Constipation!"

Apparently, the director cum script writer K. Balachander was alluding to constitution. But I wonder how many really got that. I bet not even the law college students in TN.

>>>>You must have heard about the constitutional crisis when IG declared emergency, even if you were really young. I would agree with you that the idea of living and dying by the constitution is something I learned about only after I came here.

Kris

Back to top Go down