Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any idea why she revealed that information?

+3
Mauni
Silly Point
Rishi
7 posters

Go down

Any idea why she revealed that information? Empty Any idea why she revealed that information?

Post by Rishi Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:36 pm

Ten years ago, I was walking my dog a couple of miles away from my neighborhood. There was a NI woman standing in her driveway. She was with her teenage kid. Since I am an outgoing person, I said hi to her and started talking. Found out that she was from Delhi.

After a few minutes into the conversation, she said "You know, to be honest with you I lost my husband last year." He was a Pizza shop owner. He died of heart attack.

Was she sending message to me that she was available?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Any idea why she revealed that information? Empty Re: Any idea why she revealed that information?

Post by Silly Point Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:43 pm

Sounds like an Agony aunt letter Smile

Silly Point

Back to top Go down

Any idea why she revealed that information? Empty Re: Any idea why she revealed that information?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:49 pm

Rishi wrote:Ten years ago, I was walking my dog a couple of miles away from my neighborhood. There was a NI woman standing in her driveway. She was with her teenage kid. Since I am an outgoing person, I said hi to her and started talking. Found out that she was from Delhi.

After a few minutes into the conversation, she said "You know, to be honest with you I lost my husband last year." He was a Pizza shop owner. He died of heart attack.

coz she knew instinctively that she can be open with you?... something about ur face or something?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mauni Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:58 pm

Rishi wrote:After a few minutes into the conversation, she said "You know, to be honest with you I lost my husband last year." He was a Pizza shop owner. He died of heart attack.

>>>>>>>>> Habitual phrase of most indians. Nothing more to it.

>>>>>>>> No. She's just an open person. She'd have said the same even if it were a 60 yr old woman she's having the conversation with.

Mauni

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:10 pm

Rishi wrote:Ten years ago, I was walking my dog a couple of miles away from my neighborhood. There was a NI woman standing in her driveway. She was with her teenage kid. Since I am an outgoing person, I said hi to her and started talking. Found out that she was from Delhi.

what did you say in response? did you run into her again? what happened in her life after this encounter?  full details please.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:13 pm

bw wrote:

what did you say in response? did you run into her again? what happened in her life after this encounter?  full details please.

>>>I said I was sorry to hear that.

For some reason, my dog did not want me to walk him again near that lady's house.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:40 pm

Rishi

your reasoning to not go near her house is more puzzling than why she told you her condition?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:49 pm

TW

May be my dog was afraid that I may end up having an affair with the Delhi woman. He always wanted me to be a straight arrow.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:55 pm

Rishi

Are you responding to my post? Are you confusing me with tw?

In any case that is a lame excuse. You got to exercise your neurons a little bit more.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:57 pm

got it! her late husband's atma (soul) was still living around there. maybe she was sorta warning you about it. explains the dog's allergy to that house. mystery resolved!!!

(thanks tbt)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:59 pm

truthbetold wrote:Rishi

Are you responding to my post? Are you confusing me with tw?

In any case that is a lame excuse. You got to exercise your neurons a little bit more.

>>>>NO.

I am replying to TW's response to this post of mine which she posted in the other thread that was started by me. Now it should be confusing.

Btw I was just kidding about my dog not wanting to go near her house.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:10 am

Rishi wrote:

>>>Hmm, can't say, but the reference to the 'pizza shop' could be the crucial clue here. You think she was hinting that the pizzeria was up for sale and she saw you as a potential buyer?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:15 am

rishi, do you maintain a journal of all such encounters? how do you recall a chance encounter that happened 10 years ago? considering the number of people who seek you out to confess their innermost thoughts and secrets, it must be quite a task to maintain all that data including the age, size, caste and other key points.

i am in awe of your memory.

Last edited by bw on Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:16 am

Kris wrote:
Rishi wrote:

>>>Hmm, can't say, but the reference to the 'pizza shop' could be the crucial clue here. You think she was hinting that the pizzeria was up for sale and she saw you as a potential buyer?

maybe she took a liking to rishi (you know how personable he is) and was warning him to stay off pizza to keep his arteries unclogged.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:28 am

bw wrote:
Kris wrote:
Rishi wrote:

maybe she took a liking to rishi (you know how personable he is) and was warning him to stay off pizza to keep his arteries unclogged.

>>> A well meaning neighbor making sure Rishi leads a healdhy life, in other words? I don't know. Something is amiss. Notice she didn't say "he was pizza shop owner. He died of hear attack". Makes me wonder if she was a true Delhi-ite. This then begs the question of her true identity and true motives.  Need to think on this some more.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:14 am

I think she probably thought you were the coordinator of the desi "Senior Citizen Sammelan" in your City, and wanted to be on good terms with you.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down