Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psych Question of the DAY!!

4 posters

Go down

Psych Question of the DAY!! Empty Psych Question of the DAY!!

Post by Silly Point Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:15 pm

I wonder what makes up the psyche of the owner of multiple handles?? is it a fear of expressing a non popular opinion with your regular handle? or the fear of expressing your true feelings in the fear of losing social brownie points?

Seriously I am trying to suss it out.. I have never owned multiple handles, Always expressed my opinions with ONE singular Handle..

Thanks for taking the time to read this genuine post

Regards,
Krithi

Silly Point

Back to top Go down

Psych Question of the DAY!! Empty Re: Psych Question of the DAY!!

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:21 pm

Silly Point wrote:I wonder what makes up the psyche of the owner of multiple handles?? is it a fear of expressing a non popular opinion with your regular handle? or the fear of expressing your true feelings in the fear of losing social brownie points?

Seriously I am trying to suss it out.. I have never owned multiple handles, Always expressed my opinions with ONE singular Handle..

Thanks for taking the time to read this genuine post

Regards,
Krithi

It is called multiple-handle psychiatric disorder.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:58 pm

I once carried on 4 handles at a time end of 2008 into beginning of 2009. Was new here, so people still didn't know me 'that well'. Someone here had threatened me with "consequences" if I continued posting, so this was my gotcha kinda move. No one except my 3 or 4 close friends knew they were me. Most people guessed one right, and hated that handle as it was the loud side of my personality. One person (the one who had threatened) recognized another handle but no one believed him. The other two handles went un-recognized, but LOVED. There was one rule though, none of my handles talked to each other. Only once I posted as one handle into a thread started by my other handle. But in that I didn't address myself.

I had fun with these 4 handles for about 3 or 4 months, so did my friends. But one friend HATED keeping track of 4 ids of mine, and mixed them up all the time. So I discarded all those handles and came back to just one.  

I won't attempt it now. 6 years is a long time to start writing differently. But this thread gave me an idea. I should try using this handle itself to channelize different people I have known via me (like I did with those handles then). Would be fun I think. I already do that via stories, but will take it to another level if I feel motivated.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:13 pm

I think they do it to express unpopular views. If you cannot be yourself even on an anonymous forum then where can you be? But since some folks here are not anonymous, they use multiple handles to voice their controversial views.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:46 pm

Krithi:
for that, you need to get in touch with the renowned master of multiple handles: Arvind Swamy, the one and only. I am sure the old timers of this forum will unanimously agree or at least accede to this.

Trace: while you are digging indiapulse-sulekha posts, would you be so kind to extract his confession post where he discloses the ownership of more than 10 handles, I think

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Silly Point Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:53 pm

I guess i never got into different handles, coz i could never write differently, my own ishtyle of writing never lent itself to multiple handles..

plus I am not ashamed of my opinions and I will always be proud to claim ownership of them..

*Loud and Proud*
Krithi

Silly Point

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down