Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psych patients and employment

Go down

Psych patients and employment Empty Psych patients and employment

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu May 12, 2011 12:07 pm

Should Employers demand Psych history before employment?

We have someone at the helm who acts like a Bi-polar patient. nothing that the person says is consistent, the reaction is unpredictable each time for the same set of issues.

Sure, one can say under medication they are "considered" normal and should be treated as anyone else.

But, who ensures that they are compliant patient ? What if they don't take meds for 2 or 3 days and act violently ? Blame it on the meds, patient, employer ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Psych patients and employment Empty Re: Psych patients and employment

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2011 12:09 pm

AFAIK, any such info is strictly confindential... would be a big change to make this change, when the science itself comes under huge skepticism e'time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu May 12, 2011 12:21 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:AFAIK, any such info is strictly confidential... would be a big change to make this change, when the science itself comes under huge skepticism e'time.

Have seen applications asking if they have been treated for any psychiatric illness. Perhaps those that involve military, govt. div. Many use(d) to check "credit history"

So I guess the Psych question is also relevant to some jobs. But, there are so many psych (made up) illnesses, every job can be justified on Psych terms to ask for this info.

Shootings have happened at malls, post offices, schools, colleges, and offices. Army will not hire someone with psych history or even have asthma or a few other medical hx.

So, if they can ask about felony, arrests, bankruptcy, they should also ask Psych hx, so that people can avoid bosses like the one I have.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:So, if they can ask about felony, arrests, bankruptcy, they should also ask Psych hx, so that people can avoid bosses like the one I have.

Smile) I had a suspicion where this rant was coming from Smile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu May 12, 2011 1:28 pm

Yes.. of course...

At this rate, I am thinking of treating my boss with Tantra and Mantra along with my magic Vibhuti with the hope of driving away the evil spirits.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down