Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The mother who stood up to her kid's teacher

3 posters

Go down

The mother who stood up to her kid's teacher Empty The mother who stood up to her kid's teacher

Post by Rishi Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:13 pm

I came across this couple some years ago. The man teaches at IIT, Madras. He was on a sabbatical doing research at a school here. While they were living on the IIT campus, they had sent their son to Kendriya Vidhyalaya.

The school offered Tamil as one of their subjects. The man who taught Tamil thought the kid was playful not paying attention. So he punished him in front of the class turning the kids ears. The child cried when he got back home. The mother who had been in this country and seen better school environment did not take this shit lightly. She went to her kid's school next morning and demanded a meeting with the Tamil teacher. She told him "If you think my kid did something wrong, you tell me. I will handle it. You have no right to punish him."
The Tamil guy did not expect this. He said when he was a kid, he was punished more severely by his teacher. The mother told him that those days are gone and he has no business of laying his hands on her son.

Bravo!

Rishi

Back to top Go down

The mother who stood up to her kid's teacher Empty Re: The mother who stood up to her kid's teacher

Post by Sandee2020 Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:44 am

good for the Mom. Corporal punished was banned a long time ago, this Tamil teacher needs his ears boxed in front of the class.

Sandee2020

Back to top Go down

The mother who stood up to her kid's teacher Empty Re: The mother who stood up to her kid's teacher

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:50 am

Rishi wrote:I came across this couple some years ago. The man teaches at IIT, Madras. He was on a sabbatical doing research at a school here. While they were living on the IIT campus, they had sent their son to Kendriya Vidhyalaya.

The school offered Tamil as one of their subjects. The man who taught Tamil thought the kid was playful not paying attention. So he punished him in front of the class turning the kids ears. The child cried when he got back home. The mother who had been in this country and seen better school environment did not take this shit lightly. She went to her kid's school next morning and demanded a meeting with the Tamil teacher. She told him "If you think my kid did something wrong, you tell me. I will handle it. You have no right to punish him."
The Tamil guy did not expect this. He said when he was a kid, he was punished more severely by his teacher. The mother told him that those days are gone and he has no business of laying his hands on her son.

Bravo!

While I was severely punished on a daily basis in school and home, I am against this. OTOH, there has to be some "fear factor" instilled in a kid apart from reward system and teaching responsibility. Right now, there is no way to instill the element of fear factor in kids. That certainly affects the middle and lower level kids who are hard to teach how to be responsible and how to work for reward.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down