Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Narendra Modi to Ehsaan Jafri during 2002 Guj riots: "You are on your own, Jafri, save yourself"

2 posters

Go down

Narendra Modi to Ehsaan Jafri during 2002 Guj riots: "You are on your own, Jafri, save yourself" Empty Narendra Modi to Ehsaan Jafri during 2002 Guj riots: "You are on your own, Jafri, save yourself"

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:22 am

Nishrin Jafri Hussain, in a powerful and moving contribution spoke of the unimaginable brutality  perpetrated on the bodies of Muslimwomen in the villages around Ahmedabad. Speaking in London for the first time Nishrin whose father, the MP Ahsan Jafri, was brutally murdered in the 2002 anti-Muslim violence in Gujarat state, and whose family is waging an ongoing legal battle to bring Narendra Modi, who presided over the violence as Chief Minister of Gujarat, to justice showed a series of photographs of those who had been murdered, with many gaps for those of whom no photos exist. She told the meeting  that the numbers of rapes were far more than those reported because these experiences were not only deeply traumatising  and humiliating but that it was a taboo speaking about them. 

She said that in the Gulbarg society where she grew up and  the area around it every Muslim house had been burnt down and every family had lost loved ones – deep scars of these losses remain. She told the meeting that her father had been against the ghettoisation of Muslims and committed to living in a mixed Hindu and Muslim area even after the riots of 1969. When his house where nearly 200 people were sheltering was attacked, and was surrounded by armed Hindu mobs, he had called for help to the central government to no avail. When he phoned Narendra Modi, the Chief Minister replied ‘ You are on your own Jafri, save yourself’. Many in the audience had tears in their eyes as Nishrin reaffirmed her family’s commitment to bringing Narendra Modi to justice.

- See more at: http://www.southasiasolidarity.org/2014/03/04/speakers-indict-narendra-modi-for-orchestrating-gender-violence-and-serious-violations-of-womens-human-rights-2/#sthash.pEXBUXr2.dpuf

Back to top Go down

Narendra Modi to Ehsaan Jafri during 2002 Guj riots: "You are on your own, Jafri, save yourself" Empty Re: Narendra Modi to Ehsaan Jafri during 2002 Guj riots: "You are on your own, Jafri, save yourself"

Post by Rishi Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:40 pm

Rashmun,

It is kind of hard to believe that anyone can call a CM in India. Especially when there are riots with mobs running around killing each other.

Even if a person is an MP, I wonder whether someone could have direct access to the CM of a state. Jayalalitha does not pick up her phone even though her number is listed in the phone book.

In India you call any government office, you are going to have trouble getting answered by an official.

It is very unfortunate innocent Muslims (and Hindus as well) got murdered in post-Godhra riots. I do not deny there are Hindus who hate Muslims viscerally.

My simple question for Muslims is this: Why don't you take all the way to the Supreme court any grievance you have? Why start a riot for no reason? That too in places like Coimbatore where there is hardly any discrimination against Muslims. Marching peacefully against religious and economic discrimination is the right thing to do. Throwing bombs is not the answer.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Narendra Modi to Ehsaan Jafri during 2002 Guj riots: "You are on your own, Jafri, save yourself" Empty Re: Narendra Modi to Ehsaan Jafri during 2002 Guj riots: "You are on your own, Jafri, save yourself"

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:10 pm

Rashmun wrote:Nishrin Jafri Hussain, in a powerful and moving contribution spoke of the unimaginable brutality  perpetrated on the bodies of Muslimwomen in the villages around Ahmedabad.

- See more at: http://www.southasiasolidarity.org/2014/03/04/speakers-indict-narendra-modi-for-orchestrating-gender-violence-and-serious-violations-of-womens-human-rights-2/#sthash.pEXBUXr2.dpuf

Unimportant news. These things happen always. Vested interests accusing a sitting MP.... duhhh....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:25 pm

Rishi wrote:Rashmun,

It is kind of hard to believe that anyone can call a CM in India. Especially when there are riots with mobs running around killing each other.

Even if a person is an MP, I wonder whether someone could have direct access to the CM of a state. Jayalalitha does not pick up her phone even though her number is listed in the phone book.

In India you call any government office, you are going to have trouble getting answered by an official.

It is very unfortunate innocent Muslims (and Hindus as well) got murdered in post-Godhra riots.  I do not deny there are Hindus who hate Muslims viscerally.

My simple question for Muslims is this: Why don't you take all the way to the Supreme court any grievance you have? Why start a riot for no reason? That too in places like Coimbatore where there is hardly any discrimination against Muslims. Marching peacefully against religious and economic discrimination is the right thing to do. Throwing bombs is not the answer.

in my opinion any mob of people who do something like killing innocent children should not be called hindus. they should be called rakshasas.

Zakia Jafri saw her husband, Ehsan Jafri, a former Member of Parliament, being hacked to death. Ehsan Jafri thought that his house in Gulberg Society offered the best protection to other residents of the locality from the rampaging mobs. Unfortunately, in spite of several phone calls to the police and senior politicians, help never arrived and Jafri had to handle the mob single-handedly. Eventually, he stepped out of his house in an attempt to placate the mob. They killed him and then burnt his body in front of his family and neighbours. Zakia Jafri remembers vividly every moment of those two horrific days. As many as 69 people died in Gulberg Society and 28 went missing, one of them was Azhar, Rupa Mody's 13-year-old son. To date they remain missing.

http://www.frontline.in/static/html/fl2904/stories/20120309290400400.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:33 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Rishi wrote:Rashmun,

It is very unfortunate innocent Muslims (and Hindus as well) got murdered in post-Godhra riots.  I do not deny there are Hindus who hate Muslims viscerally.

in my opinion any mob of people who do something like killing innocent children should not be called hindus. they should be called rakshasas.

Zakia Jafri saw her husband, Ehsan Jafri, a former Member of Parliament, being hacked to death. Ehsan Jafri thought that his house in Gulberg Society offered the best protection to other residents of the locality from the rampaging mobs. Unfortunately, in spite of several phone calls to the police and senior politicians, help never arrived and Jafri had to handle the mob single-handedly. Eventually, he stepped out of his house in an attempt to placate the mob. They killed him and then burnt his body in front of his family and neighbours. Zakia Jafri remembers vividly every moment of those two horrific days. As many as 69 people died in Gulberg Society and 28 went missing, one of them was Azhar, Rupa Mody's 13-year-old son. To date they remain missing.

http://www.frontline.in/static/html/fl2904/stories/20120309290400400.htm

Now, see the Gulbarga society case. Ehsan Jafri calls the police and an ACP comes. Jafri is not the only one there; there are many more people in his house. The ACP tells Jafri, I can take you from here. He refused and said, how can I go alone when there are so many others? He said, I will go only if you take the others. The ACP just refused. The moment this ACP leaves, Jafri’s house is set on fire. Why didn’t any fire extinguisher come to this society which is in the heart of Ahmedabad? Scores of people were charred to death.

- See more at: http://www.hardnewsmedia.com/2012/02/4566#sthash.goxoRDqh.dpuf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down