Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aakar Patel: The One Man Army's Forward March

Go down

Aakar Patel: The One Man Army's Forward March Empty Aakar Patel: The One Man Army's Forward March

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:36 am

http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/NP7LlgqacegDU1PoTm3HKI/The-oneman-armys-forward-march.html

Back to top Go down

Aakar Patel: The One Man Army's Forward March Empty Re: Aakar Patel: The One Man Army's Forward March

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:03 am

Advani’s eclipse was destined and it serves Advani right to be humiliated by the party he built. It was Advani who, angling to undermine Vajpayee, blocked the necessary sacking of Modi in 2002.

There is today no internal restraint on Modi, not even from the RSS.Sarsanghchalak Mohan Bhagwat is more influenced by Modi than the other way around.

In 2002, Bhagwat was sarkaryavah or deputy to K.S. Sudarshan, who was already pliant and later dropped for going senile. Despite his protestations, and he recently told RSS workers their job was not to chant NaMo, NaMo, Bhagwat’s link with Modi is special and their intimacy goes back 44 years.

They are the same age (both born in 1950) and for his third year of RSS training, aged 20, Modi lived with the Bhagwats in their home in Nagpur. He was tutored in the Hindutva spirit by Madhukarrao, Mohanrao’s father, an RSS man about whom Modi has written a reverent biography.

The only leaders he likes working with, Arun Jaitley in Delhi and Saurabh Dalal and Amit Shah in Gujarat, are those with no power base. The Gujarat BJP calls such people hajuriya (yes-men).

The only people Modi admits to revering, and I only discovered this after reading all his work, are the dead. They don’t threaten him.

Everyone else must kneel.

Back to top Go down

Aakar Patel: The One Man Army's Forward March Empty Re: Aakar Patel: The One Man Army's Forward March

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:09 am

Bhagwat's link to Modi explains wholly or partially the RSS's strong support for Modi. I wish the Indian media wrote more insightful articles on the top RSS leaders like Bhagwat, Bhaiyaji Joshi, Suresh Soni, dattareya Hosabale, etc.

I would recommend doing research on the RSS as a potential thesis subject for someone doing Masters or PhD in Pol Science. In particular I want to know more about the source of funding for the RSS. And also the brainwashing in young, impressionable minds that takes place in RSS shakhas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down