Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regionalism gone berserk?

Go down

Regionalism gone berserk?  Empty Regionalism gone berserk?

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:47 pm

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2011/07/28/what%E2%80%99s-in-a-name-a-state-telangana-activists-hope/?mod=google_news_blog

Back to top Go down

Regionalism gone berserk?  Empty Re: Regionalism gone berserk?

Post by sambarvada Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:00 pm

Rashmun,

IMO the demands for a separate state within the Indian union should be met immediately.

Why should the people of Andhra lose sleep over this?

If Telengana becomes a reality, it is in fact is going to makes things better for India as a whole. In the very first decade, the Telengana state will develop very fast. At least that is what the first CM of Telengana will strive at.

They are not asking for separate country.

If Hyderabad becomes part of Telengana, it does not mean that Telugus need a visa to go there.

Let there be 100 states within India.

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:03 pm

sambarvada wrote:Rashmun,

IMO the demands for a separate state within the Indian union should be met immediately.

Why should the people of Andhra lose sleep over this?

If Telengana becomes a reality, it is in fact is going to makes things better for India as a whole. In the very first decade, the Telengana state will develop very fast. At least that is what the first CM of Telengana will strive at.

They are not asking for separate country.

If Hyderabad becomes part of Telengana, it does not mean that Telugus need a visa to go there.

Let there be 100 states within India.

--> i have objective reasons for not supporting the creation of smaller states. i will state them in a later post. but tell me, would u be ok if Tamil Nadu is broken up into four or five smaller states?

Back to top Go down

Post by sambarvada Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:41 pm

--> i have objective reasons for not supporting the creation of smaller states. i will state them in a later post. but tell me, would u be ok if Tamil Nadu is broken up into four or five smaller states?

===> I have no problem with TN broken up into four or five smaller states.

There will be a lot of development.

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down