Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regionalism gone berserk: Change Hyderabad name to Bhagyanagar

Go down

Regionalism gone berserk: Change Hyderabad name to Bhagyanagar Empty Regionalism gone berserk: Change Hyderabad name to Bhagyanagar

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:27 pm

http://www.bhagyanagar.com/

Back to top Go down

Regionalism gone berserk: Change Hyderabad name to Bhagyanagar Empty Re: Regionalism gone berserk: Change Hyderabad name to Bhagyanagar

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:39 pm

True. Hyderabad, and many regions in hyd are reminiscent of the Nizam rule. Ppl of Telangana had it really bad under the Nizams' rule and so don't want the name that remind them of the tyrant muslim rule. It's not regionalism to ask for a name change. But....no one will have the guts to do it as it's going to 'offend' the muslims in Hyderabad.

I don't like Bhagyanagar either because it is a name that took after the wife/paramour/second...third...or n th set-up of a nizam prince.

Back to top Go down

Regionalism gone berserk: Change Hyderabad name to Bhagyanagar Empty Re: Regionalism gone berserk: Change Hyderabad name to Bhagyanagar

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:43 pm

kinnera wrote:True. Hyderabad, and many regions in hyd are reminiscent of the Nizam rule. Ppl of Telangana had it really bad under the Nizams' rule and so don't want the name that remind them of the tyrant muslim rule. It's not regionalism to ask for a name change. But....no one will have the guts to do it as it's going to 'offend' the muslims in Hyderabad.

I don't like Bhagyanagar either because it is a name that took after the wife/paramour/second...third...or n th set-up of a nizam prince.

The Telangana leader K. Chandrasekhar Rao (leader of TRS party) happens to disagree with you:

What about Hyderabad?
Hyderabad has been the capital of Telangana for a thousand years. Nobody can change that.

Many say since thousands of crores of rupees have been spent on developing Hyderabad, you cannot lay sole claim to it.
Tell
them to show me development. Everything here has been developed by the
Nizam.
They have done nothing. When Telangana was a separate state
Hyderabad was the 6th largest city in the country. Today it
is not in that position. Bangalore has gone ahead. So have other cities.
And they are saying they have developed it. All of them are fools.

http://www.rediff.com/election/2004/apr/28einter.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:50 pm

Rashmun wrote:
kinnera wrote:True. Hyderabad, and many regions in hyd are reminiscent of the Nizam rule. Ppl of Telangana had it really bad under the Nizams' rule and so don't want the name that remind them of the tyrant muslim rule. It's not regionalism to ask for a name change. But....no one will have the guts to do it as it's going to 'offend' the muslims in Hyderabad.

The Telangana leader K. Chandrasekhar Rao (leader of TRS party) happens to disagree with you:

What about Hyderabad?
Hyderabad has been the capital of Telangana for a thousand years. Nobody can change that.

Many say since thousands of crores of rupees have been spent on developing Hyderabad, you cannot lay sole claim to it.
Tell
Nizam.

When did KCR's ramblings become gospels of truth? That guy doesn't want to give credit to non-telanganites who developed Hyd to what it is today. Hence the stupid rhetoric.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:58 pm

kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

What about Hyderabad?

Tell
Nizam.

When did KCR's ramblings become gospels of truth? That guy doesn't want to give credit to non-telanganites who developed Hyd to what it is today. Hence the stupid rhetoric.

I am not a KCR supporter, i am just pointing out that a difference of opinion exists amongst telugus in the telangana region about whether nizams were good or bad. One cannot deny that as of today KCR commands a significant support base in the Telangana region.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:06 pm

KCR and his cronies wanted to celebrate Sep 17th as the Independence day for telangana as it was the day (in 1948) that the Nizam rule ended and the hyderabad princely state was acceded to the indian govt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down