Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andhra Pradesh: Is the BJP-TDP alliance on the brink of collapse?

2 posters

Go down

Andhra Pradesh: Is the BJP-TDP alliance on the brink of collapse? Empty Andhra Pradesh: Is the BJP-TDP alliance on the brink of collapse?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:50 pm

http://www.ndtv.com/elections/article/election-2014/chandrababu-naidu-and-bjp-alliance-appears-increasingly-fragile-510056?pfrom=home-election2014

Chandrababu Naidu should quickly walk out of his alliance if he knows what is good for him. The fact that Modi refuses to share stage with him shows the kind of (dis)respect Modi has for Naidu. Further, Naidu should take careful note of what has happened to Nitish Kumar.

Back to top Go down

Andhra Pradesh: Is the BJP-TDP alliance on the brink of collapse? Empty Re: Andhra Pradesh: Is the BJP-TDP alliance on the brink of collapse?

Post by indophile Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:41 am

Latest I heard is that BJP caved and let Naidu have his way.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Andhra Pradesh: Is the BJP-TDP alliance on the brink of collapse? Empty Re: Andhra Pradesh: Is the BJP-TDP alliance on the brink of collapse?

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:45 am

indophile wrote:Latest I heard is that BJP caved and let Naidu have his way.
I thought Purandeswari is still contesting from Rajampet, saw this morning on one of the Telugu news channels. Isn't that the main axe he is trying to grind?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:01 am

I don't know. I know Purandareshwari wants to run from Vizag. I don't know why. She was born in Chennai to parents who hailed from Krishna, and married into a family in the Prakasam Dt., and she stuck till the end with the party that divided the State. Both Rajampet in Rayalaseema, or Vizag in North Andhra should be the same for her.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:54 am

indophile wrote:I don't know. I know Purandareshwari wants to run from Vizag. I don't know why. She was born in Chennai to parents who hailed from Krishna, and married into a family in the Prakasam Dt., and she stuck till the end with the party that divided the State. Both Rajampet in Rayalaseema, or Vizag in North Andhra should be the same for her.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140417/nation-politics/article/rajampet-challenge-says-daggubati-purandeswari

“There is a game plan by several leaders from Congress, TD and BJP in fixing us; they seems to be successful to a major extent. When we were looking for Vijayawada, they brought up Pawan Kalyan’s name and told us they needed to accommodate a person suggested by the actor. Then we asked for Guntur but they said that it had gone to Galla Jayadev. When we sought Narasaraopet, they said Rayapati would be joining the party and it would be given to him, finally we said that we would move to Ongole because TD had not finalised a candidate there. But Chandrababu Naidu held talks with Congress MP Magunta Srinivasulu Reddy and he joined the Telugu Desam only a day before his candidature was announced. We see a bigger plan behind all this,” said a key source from the Daggubati family."

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down