Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pissing in the water

2 posters

Go down

Pissing in the water Empty Pissing in the water

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:40 am

Pissing in the water Image32

Back to top Go down

Pissing in the water Empty Re: Pissing in the water

Post by Rishi Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:19 am

They do worse things in Ganges.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:19 pm

i don't think the stream of urine was in the original photo; it looks unnaturally strong; it was probably added later.

a question that was sometimes asked of freshmen during a week of relatively mild ragging at the institute i attended: what is the equation of the path taken by the the urine as one pisses standing up? if you don't know, develop a theoretical or empirical model; come back to us with your findings in two days. contact the physics labs to help you make the necessary measurements. drs. khadkikar and ramanamurthy -- make a note of those names -- will help you with instrumentation and measurement techniques.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:27 pm

michelle2 wrote:i don't think the stream of urine was in the original photo; it looks unnaturally strong; it was probably added later.

a question that was sometimes asked of freshmen during a week of relatively mild ragging at the institute i attended: what is the equation of the path taken by the the urine as one pisses standing up? if you don't know, develop a theoretical or empirical model; come back to us with your findings in two days. contact the physics labs to help you make the necessary measurements. drs. khadkikar and ramanamurthy -- make a note of those names -- will help you with instrumentation and measurement techniques.

Here is another problem along those lines: suppose u are standing in a room which has a smooth floor and suppose there is no friction between your shoes and the floor. Now suppose you need to move backwards, what would you do?

Another question: suppose there are three snakes of equal length on a circle and suppose each of them has their mouth around the tail of another snake. Now suppose all three snakes start swallowing each other at the same rate, what would happen eventually? In particular, will all the snakes die or will one remain alive?

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:33 pm

Rashmun wrote:
michelle2 wrote:i don't think the stream of urine was in the original photo; it looks unnaturally strong; it was probably added later.

Here is another problem along those lines: suppose u are standing in a room which has a smooth floor and suppose there is no friction between your shoes and the floor. Now suppose you need to move backwards, what would you do?

Another question: suppose there are three snakes of equal length on a circle and suppose each of them has their mouth around the tail of another snake. Now suppose all three snakes start swallowing each other at the same rate, what would happen eventually? In particular, will all the snakes die or will one remain alive?
in the first problem, i suppose one should piss and hope that the law of conservation of momentum is true. or one could blow air from one's mouth.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:38 pm

michelle2 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

in the first problem, i suppose one should piss and hope that the law of conservation of momentum is true. or one could blow air from one's mouth.

Might be easier if one used one's spit. Keep spitting out and moving back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down