Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reddy Voters in Andhra

+6
rawemotions
smArtha
Propagandhi711
b_A
Vakavaka Pakapaka
confuzzled dude
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reddy Voters in Andhra Empty Reddy Voters in Andhra

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:14 pm

Someone in another thread commented that Christian Reddys, Muslim Reddys, Hindu Reddys, all are united to vote for corrupt Jagan Reddy.

Of 175 assembly constituencies in residual AP, TDP/BJP fielded Reddy caste candidates in 26, Congress in 25, Loksatta in 2 & YSRC in 50 constituencies. If 100% of them united to vote for Jagan Reddy, why would TDP & Congress take chance with 25 seats each? Who would Reddys vote, in those constituencies where TDP/CONG had Reddy candidate running but YSRC didn't, would they vote for Jagan Reddy's party or would they vote for the local Reddy candidate representing TDP/CONG? Where would their caste loyalties lie? Just wanted to hear our SuCH intellectuals analysis. BTW, Reddy population in the United AP accounted for 10-15%, it would be less than that in the residual state (8-10%?). How much of an impact/difference can they make in terms of helping YSRC win.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Reddy Voters in Andhra Empty Re: Reddy Voters in Andhra

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

In the united state, Reddys dominated the CONparty. In YSR's govt., Reddys dominated the cabinet. Interestingly, in CBN's govt (supposed to be dominated by Kammas), Kammas were not represented in excess, Reddys were!

In residual AP, Reddys dominate Rayalaseema and Nellore districts. Guntur and Krishna districts are dominated by Kammas. East and West Godavari districts have Rajus and Kapus.......

Jagan is supported by Reddys, Christians (he is a Christian), Muslims, Dalits and to some extent farmers. The real number of Christians is higher than what the statistics show. Many SCs who convert to Christianity don't declare it because they don't want to lose their reservation status. So, overall, his pork-barrel approach (from his father's era) will work with these vote banks.

CONmen are not popular because they split the state. So, none of the above will be enthusiastic to vote for them in this election.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:22 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:In the united state, Reddys dominated the CONparty. In YSR's govt., Reddys dominated the cabinet. Interestingly, in CBN's govt (supposed to be dominated by Kammas), Kammas were not represented in excess, Reddys were!

In residual AP, Reddys dominate Rayalaseema and Nellore districts. Guntur and Krishna districts are dominated by Kammas. East and West Godavari districts have Rajus and Kapus.......

Jagan is supported by Reddys, Christians (he is a Christian), Muslims, Dalits and to some extent farmers. The real number of Christians is higher than what the statistics show. Many SCs who convert to Christianity don't declare it because they don't want to lose their reservation status. So, overall, his pork-barrel approach (from his father's era) will work with these vote banks.

CONmen are not popular because they split the state. So, none of the above will be enthusiastic to vote for them in this election.
Are you indicating that Reddy votes won't split across the parties

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:26 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:In the united state, Reddys dominated the CONparty. In YSR's govt., Reddys dominated the cabinet. Interestingly, in CBN's govt (supposed to be dominated by Kammas), Kammas were not represented in excess, Reddys were!

They do. So do Kammas' and Kapus'. In Guntur and Krishna, there are some well known CONkammas who will never vote for TDP.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:32 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

They do. So do Kammas' and Kapus'. In Guntur and Krishna, there are some well known CONkammas who will never vote for TDP.
I'm aware of that

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:15 pm

Looks like Jagan's victory is assured.

Muslim votebank 15 %
Christian 12-14 %
Reddy 5-7 %

That is about 32- 36 % right there. Considering that you just need to get 35-40 % of votes to win , all he needs is another 5 % from the remaining 60% voters and he will be the CM.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:20 pm

b_A wrote:Looks like Jagan's victory is assured.

Muslim votebank 15 %
Christian 12-14 %
Reddy 5-7 %

That is about 32- 36 % right there. Considering that you just need to get 35-40 % of votes to win ,  all he needs is another 5 % from the remaining 60% voters and he will be the CM.

more complicated than that. I refuse to believe that everyone votes along caste lines 100% of time and besides there's the math of local politics

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:43 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

Muslim votebank 15 %
Christian 12-14 %
Reddy 5-7 %

That is about 32- 36 % right there. Considering that you just need to get 35-40 % of votes to win ,  all he needs is another 5 % from the remaining 60% voters and he will be the CM.

more complicated than that. I refuse to believe that everyone votes along caste lines 100% of time and besides there's the math of local politics

We can be near 100% true with the Christian voters in residual AP. They all back Jagan. And muslim voters are moving towards him in large numbers due to the anti-Modi feeling. Assuming TDP (the party they were more loyal to) retains some 20% of them still, that will be 80% of the 15% vote bank and that is another 12%. Add to this the 2 out of every 3 Reddy electorate aligning with Jagan and that makes it 6%. So Jagan as a guaranteed 12+12+6 = 30%. He is only fighting for the 5-8% that will establish a clear majority. 

TDP with a loyal 6% kamma vote bank now has to depend on Kapu and BCs to get closer to this count. This is the reason for CBN wants to project that his party in specific and the alliance in general is good for Kapu (Pawan) and BC (Modi, more BC tickets and CM candidature of Krishnaih). If both communities buy his claims then he gets to the 30% vote share and will be in the fighting range with Jagan to garner the winning 6-8% from other communities and neutral and youth voters.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:19 pm

smArtha wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Muslim votebank 15 %
Christian 12-14 %
Reddy 5-7 %

We can be near 100% true with the Christian voters in residual AP. They all back Jagan. And muslim voters are moving towards him in large numbers due to the anti-Modi feeling. Assuming TDP (the party they were more loyal to) retains some 20% of them still, that will be 80% of the 15% vote bank and that is another 12%. Add to this the 2 out of every 3 Reddy electorate aligning with Jagan and that makes it 6%. So Jagan as a guaranteed 12+12+6 = 30%. He is only fighting for the 5-8% that will establish a clear majority. 

TDP with a loyal 6% kamma vote bank now has to depend on Kapu and BCs to get closer to this count. This is the reason for CBN wants to project that his party in specific and the alliance in general is good for Kapu (Pawan) and BC (Modi, more BC tickets and CM candidature of Krishnaih). If both communities buy his claims then he gets to the 30% vote share and will be in the fighting range with Jagan to garner the winning 6-8% from other communities and neutral and youth voters.
Smartha, Good analysis of the arithmetic. 
a) Are you sure Muslims are still 15% when you compare residual SA. 
b) Are you saying Christians are 12%. I thought it was a little more than 10%. 
c) Who will the Malas (those that are still Hindus by name and belief) and any residual Madigas in SA vote and what are their percentages ? 
d) What is the BJP voteshare. I thought it was about 5-6%. In 1998 BJP had quite a few votes in Vizag region. 

I am surprised that there no undercurrent if a Hindu Consolidation, given YSR, Jagan's  and Congress's antics (Playing with Tirupati and Islamic University in Tirupati). I am sure the Naidu's and other FC's would vote CBN. What is their strength as a portion of population ?

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:43 pm

Except in Anantapur and Kurnool districts (12%?), Muslim population in residual AP is not high (4-5%?). Kadapa, Kurnool and Anantapur, in any case, will vote for Jagan. Chittor and the rest of AP will show a spread in voting pattern, in my view. Also, CBN is offering YSR type sops for farmers. Several CONmen joined TDP to bring some of the CON votes to TDP and not, YSRC. So, TDP is not dead yet.

I personally don't like to see Jagan win. I hope the voters agree.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:08 pm

One thing is to be noted. Rayalaseema is riddled with factionism. Though people no longer bomb or butcher each other, there still are factions and their loyalists. It is to be noted that Jagan's rivals are Reddys too and they have their own strong supporters. They don't care which party their leader contests from. They'd vote for him anyways. Reddys' votes are not consolidated.

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:15 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Except in Anantapur and Kurnool districts (12%?), Muslim population in residual AP is not high (4-5%?). Kadapa, Kurnool and Anantapur, in any case, will vote for Jagan. Chittor and the rest of AP will show a spread in voting pattern, in my view. Also, CBN is offering YSR type sops for farmers. Several CONmen joined TDP to bring some of the CON votes to TDP and not, YSRC. So, TDP is not dead yet.

Which community is so  concentrated in Kadapa, Kurnool and Anantapur that they will vote overwhelmingly for Jagan? I know nearby Kuppam for example was CBN's constituency.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:20 pm

rawemotions wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Except in Anantapur and Kurnool districts (12%?), Muslim population in residual AP is not high (4-5%?). Kadapa, Kurnool and Anantapur, in any case, will vote for Jagan. Chittor and the rest of AP will show a spread in voting pattern, in my view. Also, CBN is offering YSR type sops for farmers. Several CONmen joined TDP to bring some of the CON votes to TDP and not, YSRC. So, TDP is not dead yet.

Which community is so  concentrated in Kadapa, Kurnool and Anantapur that they will vote overwhelmingly for Jagan? I know nearby Kuppam for example was CBN's constituency.
Christians for sure. Christians=mostly maala and madiga. Can expect muslims to vote for him in large numbers too coz he's a non-hindu. We are witnessing the fanatical loyalty of confuzzled for Jagan. Same is likely to be repeated on ground. There are a lot of muslims in kadapa, anantapur and kurnool.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:35 pm

Muslim votebank 15 %
Christian 12-14 %
Reddy 5-7 %

I did some quick numbers based on 2001 census, 

Muslims population in residual A.P comes to 7%. I don't expect this ratio to change much.
Christians are about 1.75%; are we saying that actual population is 5 to 6 times of the declared numbers!

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:36 pm

smArtha wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Muslim votebank 15 %
Christian 12-14 %
Reddy 5-7 %

How are you so SURE about that?

and Kammas will be more than 6% in residual A.P, if they were 6% in united state.

Last edited by confuzzled dude on Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:37 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

Muslim votebank 15 %
Christian 12-14 %
Reddy 5-7 %

Damn! what a surprise!! finally!!! we agree on something.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:41 pm

Kinnera wrote:
rawemotions wrote:

Christians for sure. Christians=mostly maala and madiga. Can expect muslims to vote for him in large numbers too coz he's a non-hindu. We are witnessing the fanatical loyalty of confuzzled for Jagan. Same is likely to be repeated on ground. There are a lot of muslims in kadapa, anantapur and kurnool.
So who am I? a Reddy, Muslim, Christian, mala or madiga?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:45 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
rawemotions wrote:

Isn't it obvious?

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:48 pm

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
rawemotions wrote:

Isn't it obvious?
and you have the gall to call Max narrow minded. You see the irony here.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:50 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
rawemotions wrote:
Isn't it obvious?
and you have the gall to call Max narrow minded. You see the irony here.
 Rolling Eyes . Stating the obvious is narrow minded?

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:51 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Muslim votebank 15 %
Christian 12-14 %
Reddy 5-7 %

Muslims population in residual A.P comes to 7%. I don't expect this ratio to change much.
Christians are about 1.75%; are we saying that actual population is 5 to 6 times of the declared numbers!
Quote -
"The interesting thing is that no one is quite sure how large the Christian population in Andhra is. While the census places it at just 2%, almost everyone puts it at above 10%. Many converts don't officially admit to being Christian to protect their SC/ST rights. " End Quote.
http://www.ndtv.com/article/blog/congress-two-big-mistakes-in-andhra-pradesh-515167?curl=1398811706

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:56 pm

b_A wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Muslim votebank 15 %
Christian 12-14 %
Reddy 5-7 %

Quote -
"The interesting thing is that no one is quite sure how large the Christian population in Andhra is. While the census  places it at just 2%, almost everyone puts it at above 10%. Many converts don't officially admit to being Christian to protect their SC/ST rights. " End Quote.
http://www.ndtv.com/article/blog/congress-two-big-mistakes-in-andhra-pradesh-515167?curl=1398811706

and this is only UNIQUE to Andhra, really! these dumba$$ hindutva morons and their smarts.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:11 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
b_A wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Muslim votebank 15 %
Christian 12-14 %
Reddy 5-7 %

Quote -
"The interesting thing is that no one is quite sure how large the Christian population in Andhra is. While the census  places it at just 2%, almost everyone puts it at above 10%. Many converts don't officially admit to being Christian to protect their SC/ST rights. " End Quote.

and this is only UNIQUE to Andhra, really! these dumba$$ hindutva morons and their smarts.
Are you listening TBT, this is what NIs think of us lowly Southies, and you thought I was just snubbing you.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:25 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
b_A wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Muslim votebank 15 %
Christian 12-14 %
Reddy 5-7 %

Quote -

Are you listening TBT, this is what NIs think of us lowly Southies, and you thought I was just snubbing you.
Who said this is unique to Andhra ? It is prevalent in other states too. Then why are the Bishops following over each other to ask for SC benefits for so called "DALIT" Christians. You are the one who is a MORON.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:09 pm

rawemotions wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
b_A wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Quote -

Who said this is unique to Andhra ? It is prevalent in other states too. Then why are the Bishops following over each other to ask for SC benefits for so called "DALIT" Christians. You are the one who is a MORON.
Why are you getting all upset? it wasn't directed at you.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:13 pm

We are discussing Jagan the politician.  Caste is a reality of India. But let us be careful to not malign any community.  (this is a general awareness type of statement and not directed at any person).

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:29 pm

The christian population in AP is 10%. They have been with congress forever. 

Jagan will take them to his side now.  

Jagan's support goes up and down by constituency but it is true that his base of 15% locked in vote gives him serious advantage.  It also doomed congress. But on the other hand, such consolidation creates an opposite block though much smaller in size. 

Jagan and his candidates have huge monetary advantage. But that ill gotten money also generates some revulsion. 

Local body elections are positive to TDP.  

Seemandhra is by no means a walkover. It is a bitter fight.  You cannot dismiss either side.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:04 pm

truthbetold wrote:The christian population in AP is 10%. They have been with congress forever

Even when TDP swept, twice or thrice? Are we saying only Reddys, Malas and Madaigas convert to Christianity and only Christian Reddys are caste conscious?

Look at the authoritative statements from some of the posters, all Muslims will vote to Jagan, All Christians & Reddys will vote to Jagan. I guess rest of the telugu-stock is pristine and will only vote to pristine candidates/parties.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:24 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:The christian population in AP is 10%. They have been with congress forever

Even when TDP swept, twice or thrice? Are we saying only Reddys, Malas and Madaigas convert to Christianity and only Christian Reddys are caste conscious?

Look at the authoritative statements from some of the posters, all Muslims will vote to Jagan, All Christians & Reddys will vote to Jagan. I guess rest of the telugu-stock is pristine and will only vote to pristine candidates/parties.

Watch this video by Prannoy Roy and his analysis.

http://www.ndtv.com/elections/video/player/battleground/watch-battleground-2014-forecast-for-andhra-pradesh-and-telangana/318938

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:34 pm

b_A wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

http://www.ndtv.com/elections/video/player/battleground/watch-battleground-2014-forecast-for-andhra-pradesh-and-telangana/318938
Thanks for the video.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:38 pm

b_A wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

I wonder how much do these journalists/analysts sitting in Hyderabad know about the dynamics in the real parts of the state.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:49 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:The christian population in AP is 10%. They have been with congr
ess forever

Reddy to Christianity. I am not sure if any one made that comment.
the general understanding is that an overwhelming majority of mala community is Christian converted but retains Hindu label for reservation purposes. Madiga community is more intelangana. They have their share of conversions but they also have large budfist conversions but a large % remains Hindu.
it is common wisdom that mala, madiga, and Muslim communities have voted as blocks and have traditionally supported Congress.
ntr did break congress grip but as soon as he is gone situation reverted back to normal.

reddy vote Tagore's Congress but was never considered one block. It is only recently jagan

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:04 pm

b_A wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

YRSRC is saying that he will sweep SA. It seems the women support him enMasse. Why so ?
It is very clear from the analysis that the reason TDP+ is reduced from 15 to 12, is because Muslims and Christians are Block voting. It is time every single Hindu (Kamma/Kapu/Madiga/Reddy/Brahmins) block votes for an extremely capable CBN/Modi led alliance, with Modi who comes from a humble background and shows the power that Hindus can command. It is time Hindus also show that they matter.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:22 pm

Interesting. BJP gets only 8% credit in Telangana for helping create the state. TRS gets 64% and Congress gets 28%. Perhaps BJP should have been like Congress playing Political  games for its benefit, rather than sticking to its word given out. Because fortune seems to favor the most cunning.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:38 pm

rawemotions wrote:
b_A wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

YRSRC is saying that he will sweep SA. It seems the women support him enMasse. Why so ?
It is very clear from the analysis that the reason TDP+ is reduced from 15 to 12, is because Muslims and Christians are Block voting. It is time every single Hindu (Kamma/Kapu/Madiga/Reddy/Brahmins) block votes for an extremely capable CBN/Modi led alliance, with Modi who comes from a humble background and shows the power that Hindus can command. It is time Hindus also show that they matter.
I thought he said whoever wins in Andhra will sweep, will win > 2/3rd. Do you realize that muslim population is not distributed evenly across the state, there are pockets, usually towns like Kurnool, Kadapa, Guntur where the concentration is higher so their impact would be limited, to about 10% of the constituencies may be. About Christians, who overwhelmingly belong to SC communities, their allegiances usually lie with their local leaders/cadre, it is a toss up; could be TDP or YSRC, whoever happens to be strong in that area. So don't get too excited with statistical analysis of averages, means and medians. It seldom works that way.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:48 pm

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:The christian population in AP is 10%. They have been with congr
ess forever

Reddy to Christianity. I am not sure if any one made that comment.
the general understanding is that an overwhelming majority of mala community is Christian converted but retains Hindu label for reservation purposes. Madiga community is more intelangana. They have their share of conversions but they also have large budfist conversions but a large % remains Hindu.
it is common wisdom that mala, madiga, and Muslim communities have voted as blocks and have traditionally supported Congress.
ntr did break congress grip but as soon as he is gone situation reverted back to normal.

reddy vote Tagore's Congress but was never considered one block. It is only recently jagan
That must have been me who said about 10%

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:01 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
smArtha wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Muslim votebank 15 %
Christian 12-14 %
Reddy 5-7 %

and Kammas will be more than 6% in residual A.P, if they were 6% in united state.
Per NDTV analysis (from the link posted by b_a)

Kammas in residual state - 14% of population, ~58% of them likely to vote for TDP
Reddys  in residual state - 10% of population, ~62% of them likely to vote for YSRC(?)

by age group, first time voters (18-22 years) are overwhelmingly supporting YSRC.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:10 pm

Does the loser appendage "C" help YSRC at all? Would Jagan be not better of calling the party YSR Party?

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:22 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Per NDTV analysis (from the link posted by b_a)

Kammas in residual state - 14% of population, ~58% of them likely to vote for TDP
Reddys  in residual state - 10% of population, ~62% of them likely to vote for YSRC(?)

by age group, first time voters (18-22 years) are overwhelmingly supporting YSRC.

CD - Below is a source I could find that has the most recent (2009) numbers classified on caste by constituency/district. It looks like either the 2011 census did not publish caste based numbers or not searchable on the web easily. The numbers I quoted were ball parks based on articles and web blogs most of which were projections on 1991 census numbers. Having said that, it is a given that during the last 10 years, converted christian population did increase in rayalseema and some andhra districts and there is definite under reporting on that count. Others should be very much in line with the census number. I have no time or energy to work out the percentages based on these absolutes now. 

http://www.anigalla.net/caste-wise-voters-in-andhra-assembly-constituencies.html

I may be off by about 5% based on these numbers, but the ballpark of 25% guaranteed vote bank to YRSCP from among the Muslims, Christians(real and dalit/sc/st converted ones) and Reddy communities is a given. Which is why he is the most confident among all contestants even more than KCR himself.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:13 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
smArtha wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Muslim votebank 15 %
Christian 12-14 %
Reddy 5-7 %

I thought the advantage was more like 44 to 41. I wouldn't call it overwhelming by any yardstick.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:29 pm

rawemotions wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
smArtha wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

I thought the advantage was more like 44 to 41. I wouldn't call it overwhelming by any yardstick.
If the youth prefer Jagan, that is a very bad sign. Obviously, the youth are not highly motivated to do well, get a job and contribute to the economy. They seem to prefer the lazy life and the handouts that CONartists CONish artists are proposing.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:13 pm

smArtha wrote:

CD - Below is a source I could find that has the most recent (2009) numbers classified on caste by constituency/district. It looks like either the 2011 census did not publish caste based numbers or not searchable on the web easily. The numbers I quoted were ball parks based on articles and web blogs most of which were projections on 1991 census numbers. Having said that, it is a given that during the last 10 years, converted christian population did increase in rayalseema and some andhra districts and there is definite under reporting on that count. Others should be very much in line with the census number. I have no time or energy to work out the percentages based on these absolutes now. 

http://www.anigalla.net/caste-wise-voters-in-andhra-assembly-constituencies.html
I've skimmed through it, I've my doubts about the accuracy of those numbers.

smArtha wrote:
I may be off by about 5% based on these numbers, but the ballpark of 25% guaranteed vote bank to YRSCP from among the Muslims, Christians(real and dalit/sc/st converted ones) and Reddy communities is a given. Which is why he is the most confident among all contestants even more than KCR himself.
Really, TDP fielded nearly 20 Reddy candidates in Nellore & 'R' districts. Why would all of the Reddy voters have affinity to YSR/Jagan over their local candidates.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:15 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
rawemotions wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
smArtha wrote:

If the youth prefer Jagan, that is a very bad sign. Obviously, the youth are not highly motivated to do well, get a job and contribute to the economy. They seem to prefer the lazy life and the handouts that CONartists CONish artists are proposing.
That's right. Only the youth in Gujarat are hard working.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Thu May 01, 2014 12:05 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
rawemotions wrote:

I know this question is for Kinnera. But if I had to guess, I would say you are a Christian from AP and thus by definition not a Hindu. Let me know whether I am right so that I can become better at guessing people's origins from their blogposts. If you do not want to mention it in public, that is fine.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu May 01, 2014 9:42 am

rawemotions wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
rawemotions wrote:

I know this question is for Kinnera. But if I had to guess, I would say you are a Christian from AP and thus by definition not a Hindu. Let me know whether I am right so that I can become better at guessing people's origins from their blogposts. If you do not want to mention it in public, that is fine.
Your guess is as correct as the existence of candor in those vapid hindutva articles that you like to spam us with.
BTW, I'm a muslim from pulivendala, used to work as chowkidar at YSR's house in idupulapaya.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat May 03, 2014 4:56 pm

"Hyderabad: Telugu Desam chief N. Chandrababu Naidu, who is fighting a tough battle with the YSR Congress in Seemandhra, jumped into damage control mode on Saturday hours after a second Kapunadu group pledged its support to Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy.

Kapunadu leaders pointed out that the YSRC had given tickets to almost 40 candidates from the community for the Lok Sabha polls. The community has a strong presence in East and West Godavari districts which together send about 35 legislators to the Assembly. The two districts also hold five Lok Sabha seats.

Within hours of the Kapunadu announcing its support to the YSRC for the May 5 elections, Mr Naidu announced in Pithapuram in East Godavari district that the TD would appoint two Deputy CMs, one from the Kapu community and the other from the BC communities.

All this has prompted Mr Naidu to curry favour with the community by announcing that the deputy CM will be a Kapu. And for good measure, he added a second deputy CM from the BC. He also announced that a commission would be constituted to enlist the Kapu community in the BC list."

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140504/nation-politics/article/kapus-community-back-jagan-mohan-reddy

-> Speaking of Pithapuram, per anigalla.net  data 61% in that constituency belong to SC communities and only 89 people are Kapus, wonder why did even his bother canvassing there since we all have decided that SCs are not part of TDP vote bank only pure Hindus are.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue May 06, 2014 12:25 pm

In one of the constituencies in A.P, TDP distributed monies to only madigas because their candidate belonged to Madiga community and other BC communities because YSRCP & Congress candidates belonged to Mala community. I'm sure similar strategy is followed by other parties too. Sorta wealth distribution among your ilk.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Tue May 06, 2014 12:43 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:In one of the constituencies in A.P, TDP distributed monies to only madigas because their candidate belonged to Madiga community and other BC communities because YSRCP & Congress candidates belonged to Mala community. I'm sure similar strategy is followed by other parties too. Sorta wealth distribution among your ilk.

Just got this first hand news this morning - apparently in Vizag various employees (state/central ones) are being offered between Rs. 10-15K one time for voting in favor or YSRCP. If they say they don't want to then they are being asked to take Rs. 5K and either abstain from voting or vote for Congress or Lok Satta or JSP. And this is happening openly in the MEO office.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 06, 2014 1:31 pm

smArtha wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:In one of the constituencies in A.P, TDP distributed monies to only madigas because their candidate belonged to Madiga community and other BC communities because YSRCP & Congress candidates belonged to Mala community. I'm sure similar strategy is followed by other parties too. Sorta wealth distribution among your ilk.

Just got this first hand news this morning - apparently in Vizag various employees (state/central ones) are being offered between Rs. 10-15K one time for voting in favor or YSRCP. If they say they don't want to then they are being asked to take Rs. 5K and either abstain from voting or vote for Congress or Lok Satta or JSP. And this is happening openly in the MEO office.
And what is to keep them from taking the money and voting exactly as they wanted to in the first place?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Tue May 06, 2014 1:49 pm

Idéfix wrote:And what is to keep them from taking the money and voting exactly as they wanted to in the first place?

All in good faith and no force or enforcement. Such deviation is generally factored in to the calculations. In most cases, those who volunteered to take money, vote for that party out of some 'moral obligation'. It'll be good if people take money from everyone and then still vote according to their original choices. Such money distribution schemes will die a natural death. So far, such sops were offered to the lower economic classes. This one is an exception, may be because, YSRCP wants to win the Vizag MP seat 'at any cost'.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next