Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

regardless of what political colors you wear

+2
confuzzled dude
MaxEntropy_Man
6 posters

Go down

regardless of what political colors you wear Empty regardless of what political colors you wear

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 16, 2014 1:49 pm

absolute power in the hands of authoritarian figures should worry you. IG and her excesses seem like a long time ago, but they did happen. coalition rule without one party absolute majorities are always better in a place like india. we'll see what happens.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

regardless of what political colors you wear Empty Re: regardless of what political colors you wear

Post by confuzzled dude Fri May 16, 2014 2:09 pm

There are enough people within BJP that don't like Modi I doubt if Modi lasts a full term with my way or the highway style.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

regardless of what political colors you wear Empty Re: regardless of what political colors you wear

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 2:13 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:There are enough people within BJP that don't like Modi I doubt if Modi lasts a full term with my way or the highway style.
That is what they said abt him as Gujarat's CM initially. But he won again and again and again...now he got 100% MP seats in Gujarat. So, don't hope too much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri May 16, 2014 2:15 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:There are enough people within BJP that don't like Modi I doubt if Modi lasts a full term with my way or the highway style.

Which stage is this? Bargaining? Transitioned from the anger stage, Comrade?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri May 16, 2014 2:24 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:absolute power in the hands of authoritarian figures should worry you. IG and her excesses seem like a long time ago, but they did happen. coalition rule without one party absolute majorities are always better in a place like india.  we'll see what happens.

I don't think much about those coalitions (Jayalalitha brought down the Vajpayee govt, Mamta Banerjee always threatened with something or other, Lalu was doing his own thing, etc.). Something close to a two-party system like in the U.S, Britain, may be a better option. Whoever (or whichever party) is elected has 5 years, and if not successful will be clearly defeated in the next election. The opposition will also be strong.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri May 16, 2014 2:46 pm

indophile wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:absolute power in the hands of authoritarian figures should worry you. IG and her excesses seem like a long time ago, but they did happen. coalition rule without one party absolute majorities are always better in a place like india.  we'll see what happens.

I don't think much about those coalitions (Jayalalitha brought down the Vajpayee govt, Mamta Banerjee always threatened with something or other, Lalu was doing his own thing, etc.). Something close to a two-party system like in the U.S, Britain, may be a better option. Whoever (or whichever party) is elected has 5 years, and if not successful will be clearly defeated in the next election. The opposition will also be strong.

Despite accusations of Modi being a dictator, B J P is the ONLY "democratic party" devoid of family and dynasty control built-in. While the Intellectuals might point to Raje, and a few others from the same family, even those came through the ranks, and they are by no means a match fr the rampant sycophancy and family ownership of all other parties. The Chinese Party of Mullahs is democratic but with no principles.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 16, 2014 2:57 pm

Kinnera wrote:
That is what they said abt him as Gujarat's CM initially. But he won again and again and again...now he got 100% MP seats in Gujarat. So, don't hope too much.

by systematically and completely snuffing out any dissent.

this old article might be of interest:
http://www.hindustantimes.com/specials/coverage/gujarat-assembly-elections-2012/chunk-ht-ui-gujaratassemblyelections2012-blogpostsakarpatel/how-narendra-modi-took-over-gujarat-bjp-pushed-out-rivals/sp-article10-942906.aspx
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 3:07 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

by systematically and completely snuffing out any dissent.

this old article might be of interest:
http://www.hindustantimes.com/specials/coverage/gujarat-assembly-elections-2012/chunk-ht-ui-gujaratassemblyelections2012-blogpostsakarpatel/how-narendra-modi-took-over-gujarat-bjp-pushed-out-rivals/sp-article10-942906.aspx
Sir, it is a democracy. It is the ppl who vote. He can't do anything if ppl don't vote for him, no matter his alleged machinations.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 16, 2014 3:16 pm

ok great. we accept the result. what else can we do! good luck to modi and his supporters. i remain skeptically optimistic, by which i mean i expect things to go downhill, but i am hoping it won't.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 3:20 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:ok great. we accept the result. what else can we do! good luck to modi and his supporters. i remain skeptically optimistic, by which i mean i expect things to go downhill, but i am hoping it won't.
Ho w much ever downhill it goes, it can't get any worse than the congress rule. Add pappu's leadership to it...*shudder!*

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri May 16, 2014 3:47 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

Which stage is this? Bargaining? Transitioned from the anger stage, Comrade?

bwahahaha...yes comrade is in bargaining stage regarding modi. he still is in denial/shock stage far as jagan and seemandhra is concerned

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down