Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

modi govt and RSS

3 posters

Go down

modi govt and RSS Empty modi govt and RSS

Post by truthbetold Sat May 24, 2014 3:20 pm

Read some comments about RSS and modi govt.

Modi critics Rashmun, swapna, Max and few others were hoping that RSS would not interfere in Modi govt. 

Modi supporters VP, uppili and others say Modi will not listen to RSS.

Venkaiah Naidu says no RSS interference in Govt.

Here are the harsh facts:

BJP is a political front of RSS. Almost all of BJP stalwarts are RSS members. Top leaders are devoted RSS activists. 
The RSS stamp is integral to BJP.  
In a coalition BJP has to park its own agenda as 370, ram mandir etc.  But the present NDA set up is made up of willing partners.  BJP may or may not back off on its favorite issues. That is more a tactical decision based on its perception of long term strategic gains. 

BJP may remain in political center for the first term. Then go for its dream issues in later terms.

Just because Mohan bhagat or soni are not PM and home minister,  do not think RSS is not present.

Modi and BJP are RSS.  They are running India.  Good or bad, that is the reality. Modi and others pay respect to RSS because they supply cadre at election time.  But modi and others already own the RSS philososphy so they do not need daily committee recommendations. 

RSS is growing in India whether in power or not. But modi govt will help it immensely and speed up its spread to east and south of India. 

In the long term, India will have to deal with RSS form of religious fundamentalism and anti progress obscurantism.  No escape from that.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

modi govt and RSS Empty Re: modi govt and RSS

Post by SomeProfile Sat May 24, 2014 4:41 pm

What's wrong with the RSS? Please respond with proper examples and citations. Don't just spout cheap opinions pulled out of someone's ass.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat May 24, 2014 7:47 pm

SomeProfile wrote:What's wrong with the RSS? Please respond with proper examples and citations. Don't just spout cheap opinions pulled out of someone's ass.
SP,

did I say anything about RSS being good or bad? 

Why made you think RSS is either good or bad?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat May 24, 2014 7:52 pm

truthbetold wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:What's wrong with the RSS? Please respond with proper examples and citations. Don't just spout cheap opinions pulled out of someone's ass.
SP,

you said this:

In the long term, India will have to deal with RSS form of religious fundamentalism and anti progress obscurantism.  No escape from that.

one would have to then conclude that you think that religious fundamentalism and anti progressive attitudes are not bad for the country.

you seem to want to fart from both sides of your ass. this is also evident from your initial ambivalence about modi and later wholesale embrace of him. take a bold stance. it could be empowering and may even feel good.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat May 24, 2014 8:01 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
SP,

you said this:

one would have to then conclude that you think that religious fundamentalism and anti progressive attitudes are not bad for the country.

you seem to want to fart from both sides of your ass. this is also evident from your initial ambivalence about modi and later wholesale embrace of him. take a bold stance. it could be empowering and may even feel good.
Max, 

I did not know your ass has two sides. That explains lot of your confusion.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat May 24, 2014 8:22 pm

Max,

"one would have to then conclude that you think that religious fundamentalism and anti progressive attitudes are not bad for the country. "

Yes.  I think they are bad and bad for India.  If you used your head, I always said that India will pay a price for this choice.  

In the long process of India being built, it will lurch from left to right and again to left like a pendulum. 

Congress with its vote bank politics and budget busting subsidy spending is economically bad for India today. On top of that poor governance and dynasty made it completely useless and totally anti progress. 

So modi's growth policies and good governance are the perfect anti dote to the obstruction called congress. But that solution comes with the long term price India has to pay as explained above. 

Can India avoid a RSS fundamentalist feud? May be. China switched from a communist set up to capitalist economy and kept its diverse desperate country from imploding with internal contradictions.  Now that is a major global miracle. So RSS may transform into a tolerant progressive hindu outfit.  If you ask me to bet my money on that, I will bet against it.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun May 25, 2014 9:34 am

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140525/commentary-op-ed/article/test-modi-ram-temple-article-370

I do not agree with the terminology of the author but he seems to say the similar things I said above. His time line is different from mine.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down