Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many are already thinking of moving back?

+4
confuzzled dude
Vakavaka Pakapaka
nevada
indophile
8 posters

Go down

How many are already thinking of moving back? Empty How many are already thinking of moving back?

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu May 29, 2014 3:09 pm

I am not sure yet but I am thinking of selling my "Andhrawalen bhaago assets" in Hyderabad and do a proper renovation on my ancestral home near Guntur. Apparently, land value in my village has gone up significantly. I wish I bought a house in Guntur/Vijayawada some 10 years ago - I saw a nice house on 500 yds in Pattabhipuram for some 12 lks. Hmm......

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

How many are already thinking of moving back? Empty Re: How many are already thinking of moving back?

Post by indophile Thu May 29, 2014 3:21 pm

I saw a report that all this talk about the future capital being slated for Vijayawada-Guntur area is all hype - just to get the real estate prices up and up in the area, and then profit from that. The capital itself might go to Ongole/Prakasam. Definitely no Amaravati in the plans.

indophile

Back to top Go down

How many are already thinking of moving back? Empty Re: How many are already thinking of moving back?

Post by nevada Thu May 29, 2014 3:22 pm

If you sell now you won't be able to buy much. Just keep it IMO. Money knows no boundaries and I don't think KCR and his goons want to scare people and drop real estate prices in the area.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu May 29, 2014 3:28 pm

indophile wrote:I saw a report that all this talk about the future capital being slated for Vijayawada-Guntur area is all hype - just to get the real estate prices up and up in the area, and then profit from that. The capital itself might go to Ongole/Prakasam. Definitely no Amaravati in the plans.
I don't think either CBN or Venkaiah Naidu has any property in Guntur. CBN chose a place between Guntur and Vijayawada for his swearing in ceremony and Venkaiah is saying that Guntur-Vijayawada will be developed into a Hyderabad-Secundarabad with a Metro, etc.

Also, people of Krishna and Guntur are donating money (in large sums) for the capital. The talk is that the donations will surpass the funds from Delhi! They won't keep quiet if the capital is elsewhere. Naidu will get "dehasuddhi" from his vote bank.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu May 29, 2014 3:29 pm

nevada wrote:If you sell now you won't be able to buy much. Just keep it IMO. Money knows no boundaries and I don't think KCR and his goons want to scare people and drop real estate prices in the area.
You may be right. I don't really need to sell right away. Thanks.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu May 29, 2014 3:35 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
indophile wrote:I saw a report that all this talk about the future capital being slated for Vijayawada-Guntur area is all hype - just to get the real estate prices up and up in the area, and then profit from that. The capital itself might go to Ongole/Prakasam. Definitely no Amaravati in the plans.
I don't think either CBN or Venkaiah Naidu has any property in Guntur. CBN chose a place between Guntur and Vijayawada for his swearing in ceremony and Venkaiah is saying that Guntur-Vijayawada will be developed into a Hyderabad-Secundarabad with a Metro, etc.

Also, people of Krishna and Guntur are donating money (in large sums) for the capital. The talk is that the donations will surpass the funds from Delhi! They won't keep quiet if the capital is elsewhere. Naidu will get "dehasuddhi" from his vote bank.
But that is prime land, not good for a capital, definitely not in light of all those statements about developing the whole state. It's best to build it in some undeveloped area - land will be cheap and plenty which is good for all around development. The important factors are good weather, availability of water, and availability of land for expansion over the next 50 years. It should not be place like Madras or Hyderabad with lousy weather and no water.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu May 29, 2014 3:40 pm

indophile wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

But that is prime land, not good for a capital, definitely not in light of all those statements about developing the whole state. It's best to build it in some undeveloped area - land will be cheap and plenty which is good for all around development. The important factors are good weather, availability of water, and availability of land for expansion over the next 50 years. It should not be place like Madras or Hyderabad with lousy weather and no water.
I sent an email to CBN (ncbn@telugudesam.org) recently to consider making Amaravati the new capital. May be you should also write one.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu May 29, 2014 3:57 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:I am not sure yet but I am thinking of selling my "Andhrawalen bhaago assets" in Hyderabad and do a proper renovation on my ancestral home near Guntur. Apparently, land value in my village has gone up significantly. I wish I bought a house in Guntur/Vijayawada some 10 years ago - I saw a nice house on 500 yds in Pattabhipuram for some 12 lks. Hmm......
Are you really moving back to that third world dump?!

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu May 29, 2014 4:05 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:I am not sure yet but I am thinking of selling my "Andhrawalen bhaago assets" in Hyderabad and do a proper renovation on my ancestral home near Guntur. Apparently, land value in my village has gone up significantly. I wish I bought a house in Guntur/Vijayawada some 10 years ago - I saw a nice house on 500 yds in Pattabhipuram for some 12 lks. Hmm......
Why not?  I saw what Gandhinagar in Gujrat looks like. It is better than what we see here. Even parts of Ahmedabad are clean and nice.

Benz Circle in Vijayawada used to look posh. I am sure they are developing areas between V-T-G with gated communities, etc.

My ancestral home in the village is on a good size land. We have a nicely paved road on two sides of the house. I am thinking of building a "manduva" style modern home there. Chettinaadu style? Hmm....

How many are already thinking of moving back? B7b3ef702aed963b3dd64e08620c1f82_large

This an example of a Chettinadu house (not my house).

Last edited by Vakavaka Pakapaka on Thu May 29, 2014 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu May 29, 2014 4:11 pm

Cd
any place without jagan feels like a dump.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 5:49 pm

My parents already sold their home in hyd. Brother, who is a pucca hyderabadi, is considering selling his house too. I am ready to sell whatever i have, if there are buyers. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and she was saying the same too. There's going to be a slow exodus of the Seemandhrites from T (even the ones who were born and brought up there). There aren't going to be many new ones coming from those areas to Hyd.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu May 29, 2014 6:22 pm

Kinnera wrote:My parents already sold their home in hyd. Brother, who is a pucca hyderabadi, is considering selling his house too. I am ready to sell whatever i have, if there are buyers. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and she was saying the same too. There's going to be a slow exodus of the Seemandhrites from T (even the ones who were born and brought up there). There aren't going to be many new ones coming from those areas to Hyd.
Where are they relocating to RS? My parents and extended family members, at least a couple of hundreds of them have no such plans, all of them are from near Vijayawada

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu May 29, 2014 6:27 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Why not?  I saw what Gandhinagar in Gujrat looks like. It is better than what we see here. Even parts of Ahmedabad are clean and nice.

Benz Circle in Vijayawada used to look posh. I am sure they are developing areas between V-T-G with gated communities, etc.

My ancestral home in the village is on a good size land. We have a nicely paved road on two sides of the house. I am thinking of building a "manduva" style modern home there. Chettinaadu style? Hmm....

How many are already thinking of moving back? B7b3ef702aed963b3dd64e08620c1f82_large

This an example of a Chettinadu house (not my house).
I thought manduvas are Kerala style

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 7:33 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:My parents already sold their home in hyd. Brother, who is a pucca hyderabadi, is considering selling his house too. I am ready to sell whatever i have, if there are buyers. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and she was saying the same too. There's going to be a slow exodus of the Seemandhrites from T (even the ones who were born and brought up there). There aren't going to be many new ones coming from those areas to Hyd.
Where are they relocating to RS? My parents and extended family members, at least a couple of hundreds of them have no such plans, all of them are from near Vijayawada
B'lore, Chennai and Anantapur.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu May 29, 2014 8:39 pm

In two or three years, hyd will not look so bad. KCR vitiated atmosphere by his aggressive attitude.  But over a period of time Hyd will settle down. Andhra people driven growth will slow or even retard.  But hyd itself has the ability to grow and it will grow.  People from andhra will comeback to hyd after the wounds heal. KCR will probably gone in few years.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 9:11 pm

truthbetold wrote:In two or three years, hyd will not look so bad. KCR vitiated atmosphere by his aggressive attitude.  But over a period of time Hyd will settle down. Andhra people driven growth will slow or even retard.  But hyd itself has the ability to grow and it will grow.  People from andhra will comeback to hyd after the wounds heal. KCR will probably gone in few years.
Maybe ppl of andhra, as they may not have much choice. Ppl of Rayalaseema have other major cities more closer to them than hyd.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu May 29, 2014 10:11 pm

Kinnera wrote:
truthbetold wrote:In two or three years, hyd will not look so bad. KCR vitiated atmosphere by his aggressive attitude.  But over a period of time Hyd will settle down. Andhra people driven growth will slow or even retard.  But hyd itself has the ability to grow and it will grow.  People from andhra will comeback to hyd after the wounds heal. KCR will probably gone in few years.
Maybe ppl of andhra, as they may not have much choice. Ppl of Rayalaseema have other major cities more closer to them than hyd.
 scratch

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri May 30, 2014 7:55 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

They have some 10 years to move. Reminds me of our own hometown in Orissa. When we were kids, Telugus lived in Telugu part, Oriyas lived in Oriya part, Hindi & Chattisgarhi, Sindhi, Gujarati, Kutchi, speakers lived in a different part. But there were no problems, and there was lot of social interaction, the main reason being the opportunity to learn in Telugu, Oriya, and Hindi in schools. Once the medium of instruction in schools was changed to Oriya across the board with just the Hindi option remaining, Telugu people started moving out (may be they could try the same thing in Telangana, making Urdu the medium of instruction).

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri May 30, 2014 11:09 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
indophile wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

I sent an email to CBN (ncbn@telugudesam.org) recently to consider making Amaravati the new capital. May be you should also write one.
I sent the following e-mail to CBN at ncbn@telugudesam.org

Dear Chandrababu Naidu garu:

I recommend Amaravati in Guntur Dt as the new capital of Andhra Pradesh. Here are my reasons. 

1.  With the Krishna river cutting through the mountains nearby, Amaravati has wonderful scenic beauty.
2. Amaravati is also the name of King of gods Indra's capital (capital of gods/devas).
3. It's smack in the heart of AP, and it's the gateway to Palnadu (Andhra Pourusham/Pride).
4. With the Krishna flowing nearby, water should not be a problem.
5. Amaravati was also the historic capital of Satavahana kings.
6. It's relatively more protected from cyclones than most other cities along the coast in Andhra.
7. The Krishna river is navigable downstream from Amaravati (supplying building materials to to build the city while the access roads are upgraded should not present a problem.
8. It's not far from Vijayawada and Guntur, and not even Rayalaseema.
9. Most of all - Telugus can proudly proclaim "Our capital is Amaravati."

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri May 30, 2014 11:19 am

indophile wrote:

I recommend Amaravati in Guntur Dt as the new capital of Andhra Pradesh. Here are my reasons. 

1.  With the Krishna river cutting through the mountains nearby, Amaravati has wonderful scenic beauty.
2. Amaravati is also the name of King of gods Indra's capital (capital of gods/devas).
3. It's smack in the heart of AP, and it's the gateway to Palnadu (Andhra Pourusham/Pride).
6. It's relatively more protected from cyclones than most other cities along the coast in Andhra.
7. The Krishna river is navigable downstream from Amaravati (supplying building materials to to build the city while the access roads are upgraded should not present a problem.

Good luck guys; unless you can donate $100k for party fund when he comes to US with begging bowl, he won't even bother looking at it.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri May 30, 2014 11:26 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Good luck guys; unless you can donate $100k for party fund when he comes to US with begging bowl, he won't even bother looking at it.

It would be interesting if Indo gets a reply and posts it here, wouldn't you think, Comrade?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri May 30, 2014 10:39 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
I missed this gem; I didn't think a smart fellow like you would be so naive. Did CBN own any property in hi-tech city? People from which community benefited and owned the lion share of RE in & around hi-tech city? The same script will be played all over again sir and that ultimately will decide the new capital, both Naidus will get their cut through benamis, and in Singapore or in America for helping the investors (mostly from their community). This is akin to insider trading.
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
What dehasuddhi? They have already donated saar not for capital city but to help TDP win elections.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat May 31, 2014 5:12 am

CD

The biggest beneficiaries of Hyd real estate boom are Kadapa  and Rayalseema real estate dealers and property developers.  You can identify the community that is associated with that region. That observation is based on pre 2004 reality market. 

If you wish to challenge my statement, please do research on pre 2004 top realtors. Ask about SUV culture even before the son rise in 2004. 

Post 2004, most of the benefit accrued to smaller group with one king pin getting the loin share.  

How much money did all these players pay to CBN or TDP?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Sat May 31, 2014 8:17 am

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

It would be interesting if Indo gets a reply and posts it here, wouldn't you think, Comrade?

I did not get a reply, but lo and behold! Amaravati is one of the candidates. Rayapati Sambasivarao is also pushing for it (his hometown happens to be nearby). See the later part of this story.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140531/nation-current-affairs/article/new-andhra-pradesh-capital-near-guntur-vijayawada

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat May 31, 2014 11:14 am

indophile wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
indophile wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

Great!  Let us see what happens.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat May 31, 2014 3:29 pm

truthbetold wrote:CD

The biggest beneficiaries of Hyd real estate boom are Kadapa  and Rayalseema real estate dealers and property developers.  You can identify the community that is associated with that region. That observation is based on pre 2004 reality market. 

If you wish to challenge my statement, please do research on pre 2004 top realtors. Ask about SUV culture even before the son rise in 2004. 

Post 2004, most of the benefit accrued to smaller group with one king pin getting the loin share.  

comrade's kula gajji although dormant, flares up once in a while and needs to be scratched with irrational and one-sided accusations. the trifecta of modi winning, vijayamma losing and jagananna losing is causing flare ups in unexpected ways.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat May 31, 2014 5:03 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

comrade's kula gajji although dormant, flares up once in a while and needs to be scratched with irrational and one-sided accusations. the trifecta of modi winning, vijayamma losing and jagananna losing is causing flare ups in unexpected ways.
Yeah right! you wanna conveniently ignore facts and resort to name calling.. Who helped Jayabheri? and who flourished under YSR.. Lagadapati, Botsa, Potluri.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sat May 31, 2014 5:32 pm

Inertia, practicality ,unwillingness to disturb kid's education etc. will ensure that not many people move back unless things get really really difficult. I don't think that even the new migration will slow down until new employment opportunities come up in the new state. Lots of telugu families preferred to stay back in Madras after separation of TN/AP and now are tamilians for all practical purposes.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat May 31, 2014 5:45 pm

b_A wrote:Inertia, practicality ,unwillingness to disturb kid's education etc. will ensure that not many people move back unless things get really really difficult. I don't think that even the new migration will slow down until new employment opportunities come up in the new state. Lots of telugu families preferred to stay back in Madras after separation of TN/AP and now are tamilians for all practical purposes.
Yup. Only those govt. employees who have no choice will move besides business folks who want invest or start a new venture. Everyone else will stay put, it doesn't make practical sense to move just based on their origin.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat May 31, 2014 6:46 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Yeah right! you wanna conveniently ignore facts and resort to name calling.. Who helped Jayabheri? and who flourished under YSR.. Lagadapati, Botsa, Potluri.
ANd conveniently ignore Gali janardhan reddy,  Ayodya Rami Reddy and all the irrgation contractors.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sat May 31, 2014 7:38 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
b_A wrote:Inertia, practicality ,unwillingness to disturb kid's education etc. will ensure that not many people move back unless things get really really difficult. I don't think that even the new migration will slow down until new employment opportunities come up in the new state. Lots of telugu families preferred to stay back in Madras after separation of TN/AP and now are tamilians for all practical purposes.
Yup. Only those govt. employees who have no choice will move besides business folks who want invest or start a new venture. Everyone else will stay put, it doesn't make practical sense to move just based on their origin.

My guess is that even the govt employees will not move their families to the new capital if it is just 4-5 hrs away like VJY/GNT. They will be visiting them only on weekends.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat May 31, 2014 8:14 pm

About 100 crores came from NRIs (mostly from CBN's benamis, I don't want to name the names) as party fund expenditure for recently concluded elections, go figure.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat May 31, 2014 8:53 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

About 100 crores came from NRIs (mostly from CBN's benamis, I don't want to name the names) as party fund expenditure for recently concluded elections, go figure.
Why are these NRI funding babu? Who stopped other parties from getting funds from NRIs?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat May 31, 2014 9:13 pm

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Why are these NRI funding babu? Who stopped other parties from getting funds from NRIs?
because that's Babu's hard earned money and they're his benamis

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down